I have been watching K-Dramas since 2014 - My most favs with genre

Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 months ago

Hey all, 

I just saw this Korean Drama forum. I have been watching K Dramas for 10 years now. I have completed some 70-80 shows of variety of genres (my most fav being romcom) 

Below is the list of some of my favs. Would help you guys in picking your next show. 

1. Autumn's Concerto - This is a 2009 Taiwanese drama. Rich guy poor girl trope. This isn't a romcom, but a romantic drama with memory loss angle. First two episodes are slow, but it picks up pace. It has everything from passionate love story, hot leads, angst to some steamy scenes ( which you don't get in k shows). A must WATCH if you like intense passionate love stories. It's my most favorite love story. 

2. Kill Me Heal Me - Romcom+Thriller+Multiple personality disorder

The best show acting wise and suspense at the end is great. Hero has 7 personalities which makes it super fun to watch. My second favorite show. His female personality will make u laugh non stop. 

3. Business Proposal 

Most popular K drama on Netflix about fake relationship. Amazing romcom. MUST WATCH. 

4. Secret Garden 

Endearing and super duper hilarious. Leads have awesome chemistry. Slow first two episodes, but one of the best romcoms overall. Leads have hate - love relationship. Female lead is super duper strong and not a doormat. Must watch. 

5. What's wrong with Secretary Kim 

Another popular Netflix show. Boss-Secretary trope with love hate relationship. Loved it. 

6. Marriage not dating 

Fake relationship romcom. Awesome awesome awesome. It is the most hilarious k drama that i have watched. Heroine is TOO DAMN GOOD. A very strong character. Another must watch. 

7. True Beauty

Another Netflix topper. I can watch this show endless times. It is so hilarious and so so endearing. You have to watch this. High school romance trope with second lead syndrome. 

8. Reply 1997 and Reply 1988 ( friends to lovers) 

These are pure comedies with suspense of who the female lead ends up with towards the end. The best written shows which have no OTT drama, evil parents or scheming siblings. Just slice of life feel good shows about middle class families set in 1994 and 1988. Must watch if you want to experience actual Korean culture. They are top rated K shows. 

9. Boys over flowers

High school bullying + romance + separation+ drama. Hindi serial packed in 25 episodes. My first korean show. Heroine is a bit irritating, but overall show is addictive. 

10. My love from another star

Heroine is crazy in this one. Hero is an alien. It's a romcom between a stoic alien who has lived on earth for 100s of years and an obnoxious crazy superstar heroine. One of the initial shows that i watched and loved it. 

11. Moon embracing the sun

It's a historical show about childhood lovers, political drama and lot of romance. Not a romcom, but a poignant romance between a price and a princess, carries on till they become king and queen. 

12. Oh my Venus - MUST WATCH

A must watch for romcom lovers. It's about an overweight lady who gets dumped by her bf. She hires a personal coach to take revenge and gets slim + hot. Falls in love with the coach. Chemisty is fire🔥 

12. Fated to Love you 

A one night stand leads to accidental pregnancy which leads to contract marriage. Rich guy, poor girl. Absolutely hilarious and very romantic as well. A cute show. 

13. Descendants of the sun

Another fan favourite show. It has two couples. I loved the second couple more here. And Male lead of main couple. It's about military. Again, an awesome romcom + action show. 

14. Noble my love ( short drama, 20 episodes of 15 mins each) 

A hot angry businessman and a clumsy doctor. A must watch for a small cute romcom viewing. Leads are super pretty too. 

15. Mask - (Contract marriage trope) 

Romance + Thriller + contract marriage. A bit intense and slow burn romance. Not everyone's cup of tea. Hate to love. 

16. Fight my way ( friends to lovers) 

Awesome awesome awesome show. Middle class people, best friends to lovers trope, most beautiful leads and amazing romcom. 

17. Crash Landing on you (North South Korea, romcom) 

Another Netflix favorite. Love the male lead and female lead is crazy 😆

18. Pinocchio ( rom-com, journalism, friends to lovers) 

Great storyline, a bit slow, but overall a decent show. 

19. Scholar who walks the night ( historical vampire show) 

Not a romcom. It's a historical vampire love story. Poignant and full of intense romance. 

20. She was Pretty - HILARIOUS AND SO SO ROMANTIC

Based on beauty transformation of female lead. Amazing show. Must watch. 

Other notable mentions

1. Goong (princess hours) - Arranged marriage trope. A but frustrating to watch as leads are in high school when they get married forcefully and keep seeing other people. 

2. Coffee prince - Most iconic gender bender romcom

3. King the land - Boss employee love story. 

4. Heirs - Concept same as boys over flowers. Boring female lead, second leads were amazing. High school romance + bullying 

5. School 2016 - A very good high school love story. Twin sisters who haven't met ever get switched post an accident. Thriller, romance, comedy. 

6. My girlfriend is a gumiho - Female lead is a nine tailed fox. Hilarious show

7. Playful kiss - Arrogant boy , clumsy girl who keeps chasing him. High school love story. One of the most popular Korean shows ever. 

8. City Hunter - Romantic action thriller with some great acting, amazing chemisty and entertaining leads. Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young had amazing chemistry. 

9. Dream High - High school musical meets glee meets concerts. Grand show. Starts slow, but picks up pace eventually. 

Lot of other shows, but these were at the top of my mind. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Nice ! I've seen a lot of them smiley4 Thx for sharing smiley31

Autumn concerto is on Netflix? Coz I'm subscribed to Netflix only currently. 

MaDiee thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Write The Bite Contest (Participation) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hey! Thanks for sharing the list. I've seen quite a few and would like to add the others to my watchlist. smiley20

Befikre thumbnail

Hey Charu, 

Did you recognise me? Hehe. 

Yes, its on Netflix. But before starting just keep in mind that it came in 2009 and might feel a bit dated to you as compared to glamorous ones coming off late. 

But it's a beautiful show. My most favorite pairing and the love story is top notch. Don't give up after 2-3 episodes. Give it some time. 

Befikre thumbnail

Hey there, 

Which one is your favorite show? Do watch the ones mentioned in top 10 of my list. 

Krinya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Befikre

Hey Charu, 

Did you recognise me? Hehe. 

Yes, its on Netflix. But before starting just keep in mind that it came in 2009 and might feel a bit dated to you as compared to glamorous ones coming off late. 

But it's a beautiful show. My most favorite pairing and the love story is top notch. Don't give up after 2-3 episodes. Give it some time. 

Of course I dosmiley31 N it's so good to have you. 

I'll give it a shot..I didn't like dream high but since it's ur recommendation I'll Def watch 

Befikre thumbnail

Dream High is a hit and a miss. I also didn't like it much initially but the second couple grew on me. The one with IU. 

Even for me it's not a top rated show, just time pass for people who are into high school musical stuff. Also, I watched it in 2014 which is like 10 years back. 

My top favorite shows are below :

Kill me heal me - MUST MUST WATCH

Autumns Concerto - Must watch for chemistry and romance

Business proposal 

True beauty 

Reply 1997 and Reply 1988 - MUST MUST WATCH

Marriage not dating 

Secret Garden

MaDiee thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Write The Bite Contest (Participation) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Befikre

Hey there, 

Which one is your favorite show? Do watch the ones mentioned in top 10 of my list. 

I usually like something in every show so can't say any one as my favourite.  

I've watched Business proposal

True Beauty

My love from another star

Moon embracing the sun

Descendants of the sun

Crash landing on you

Pinocchio

King the land

Dream high

from the list you shared and every show had something to keep me hooked to it. I have quite a good number of shows left from your suggestions and I would like to give them a shot if possible.

jaadujaadu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: MaDiee

I usually like something in every show so can't say any one as my favourite.  

I've watched Business proposal

True Beauty

My love from another star

Moon embracing the sun

Descendants of the sun

Crash landing on you

Pinocchio

King the land

Dream high

from the list you shared and every show had something to keep me hooked to it. I have quite a good number of shows left from your suggestions and I would like to give them a shot if possible.

Try Mr.Queen,  Goblin 

Krinya thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Yaar you didn't see her private life ? It's one amazing show