Exciting Changes: Transitioning from Smiley GIFs to Modern Emojis

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Dear Forum Members,

We hope this message finds you well and enjoying the diverse range of entertainment content we continuously strive to provide. Our team has always been committed to the ongoing improvement and evolution of our platform. Since the forum's inception 19 years ago, we have sought to create an engaging, user-friendly, and responsive platform, and your unwavering support and engagement have been integral to this journey.

Today, we are thrilled to announce an exciting change that will enhance your user experience - we are transitioning from the classic smiley GIFs that have served us well, to the colourful and vibrant emojis that are now universally used on digital platforms.

The reason behind this change is to bring our platform up to speed with the latest digital communication trends. Emojis are now a global standard, offering a more expressive, comprehensive and fun way to convey emotions. They are lightweight, easy to use, and compatible across a wide array of devices and platforms. This will not only make our platform more modern but will also ensure a smoother, faster and more interactive experience for all our users.

Below, you will find a list of the smiley GIFs that are to be replaced with their equivalent emojis:

1. smiley1 = πŸ™‚ πŸ˜Š
  2. smiley2 = πŸ˜‰
  3. smiley3 = 😲
  4. smiley4 = πŸ˜€
  5. smiley5 = 🧐
  6. smiley6 = πŸ˜”
  7. smiley7 = 😑
  8. smiley8 = 🀑
  9. smiley9 = πŸ₯°
  10. smiley10 = ⭐️
  11. smiley11 = 🀒
  12. smiley12 = πŸ₯±
  13. smiley13 = πŸ˜’
  14. smiley14 = 😌
  15. smiley15 = 😈
  16. smiley16 = 😎
  17. smiley17 = πŸ˜›
  18. smiley18 = πŸ₯΄
  19. smiley19 = 😭
  20. smiley20= πŸ‘πŸΌ
  21. smiley21= πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
  22. smiley22 = 😳
  23. smiley23 = πŸ€“
  24. smiley24 = πŸ€”
  25. smiley25 = ❓
  26. smiley26 = 😡
  27. smiley27 = ❀️
  28. smiley28 = πŸ’”
  29. smiley29 = πŸ™„
  30. smiley30 = 🐷
  31. smiley31 = πŸ€—
  32. smiley32=  πŸ‘
  33. smiley33= ☯️
  34. smiley34= β˜’️
  35. smiley35 = 🀬
  36. smiley36 = πŸ˜†
  37. smiley37= 🀣
  38. smiley38= πŸ₯Ί
  39. smiley39= πŸ€ͺ
  40. smiley40= πŸ₯³
  41. smiley41= πŸ’ƒπŸ» (suggest something better)
  42. smiley42= 😍
  43. smiley43= ☺️
  44. smiley44= πŸ™„

(Thanks @minakrish & @sutapasima for helping me out in making this list where we found the nearest match).

These changes will be implemented starting from 1st August 2023. We understand that this shift might take some getting used to, but we strongly believe that the transition will significantly enhance our communication and interaction within the forum.

We do understand that one of the appealing features of our GIFs was their animation. We'd like to assure you that we are not overlooking this aspect. In the current phase, our emojis will be static, but we're excited to share that we're actively working to bring animated emojis to our platform too. For a preview of what's to come, please take a look at the Google Noto Emoji Animated page (select the emoji whose animation you want to see), which is the style of animation we're aspiring to.

As always, we are open to your thoughts and feedback. If you have any concerns, suggestions, or questions regarding this change, please do not hesitate to share it with us.

We deeply appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we implement these changes. We are confident that with your continued support, we will usher in a new era of communication in our forum.

Thank you for being such a valuable part of our community. Here's to the future full of smiles, laughter, and a whole lot of emojis!

Best regards,

Edited by vijay - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

If you feel we didnt choose the correct Emoji for a particular smiley. Do share  your choice. 

Based on the feedback and suggestions:

Originally posted by: vijay

How about we continue with the animated smileys as it is till we find a solution to the Animated Emojis.

However for older posts which are posted before 1st July 2023 we will update them to emojis as discussed before?

Edited by vijay - 9 months ago
minakrish thumbnail

Happy to help!πŸ€—

Sutapa also helped me with it. Looking forward to have this implemented.πŸ‘

Yes, I guess the dance one needs to be gender neutralized.

Sutapasima thumbnail

I think the list is complete and the static emoji correctly chosen .πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

but looking forwards to the future transition to better animated emojis .πŸ₯°

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Excellent move to change Emojis to modern ones in IF website itself, Vijay Sir. πŸ‘ Modern Emojis look cool and stylish 😊

Btw, Vijay Sir can you please remove the laughter Emoji permanently from IF? OR create a rule that laughing Emoji shouldn’t be used to mock the thread maker or any person replying in the thread. 

Some fandoms use laughing Emoji on our post to mock the post or the thread maker. For eg: We fans make a post on today’s episode which has our favourite show telly show couple, our post is entirely about the couple in question but the opposite fandom uses laughing Emojis on our thread to mock the thread or thread maker even though there is no mention of the opposite fandom characters in the thread. 

firewings_diya thumbnail

I loved old animated emojis as those are more expressive than static😭 but i hope we get supercool animated emojis soon. 🀧😊

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

I'm mainly going to miss this emoji ; πŸ€£

shrutiraina007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

This emoji: πŸ€£

Can we please keep this?

I really liked these old animation emojis. 

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Originally posted by: shrutiraina007

This emoji: πŸ€£

Can we please keep this?

I really liked these old animation emojis. 

Even i want this emoji to stay..

shrutiraina007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Even i want this emoji to stay..

Me too😭