Exciting Updates and New Features on India Forums!

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

We are always looking for ways to enhance your experience on our platform. Today, we're excited to share some upcoming changes that are sure to improve your interaction with our forums. 

Here's what's new:

• Increased Posts Per Page
    To improve your reading experience, we are increasing the number of posts per forum topic page from 8 to 10. This change means less clicking and more continuous reading for you!

• Enhanced Email Notification Previews
    In our ongoing effort to make your experience more seamless, we're upgrading our email notifications. Going forward, you'll be able to read the content of private messages and other notifications like new post replies directly in your email. This means less switching back and forth between your email and the forum to stay updated on what matters to you. Currently in testing phase and we should be live by next week.

• Content Copying Restrictions
    To safeguard the valuable contributions of our users, we are introducing a new feature that restricts the copying of post content. When copying text from posts, only the first 150 characters will be allowed, followed by a link to the original post. This change is to encourage users to visit the forum for full content, fostering a more engaged community.

• Increased Topics per Forum Page
    To improve your browsing experience, we've upped the number of topics per forum page from 20 to 30. This update means easier access to a broader range of discussions without the need for frequent page turns.(I think this was done last month but I forgot to mention it)

• Improved Forum Quick Jump Navigation 
    We’ve reorganized the forum categories in the quick jump menu, making it much easier for you to find the right forum. This streamlined navigation will save you time and enhance your browsing experience. If we have missed out or have wrongly grouped, please share your suggestions and feedback.Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 6.53.26 PM.png

• Clear Identification of Private Forums
    To help you easily distinguish between public and private spaces, we are now marking private forums as [Private] in the dropdown list. This added clarity will help you navigate our forums more effectively.

These changes are part of our commitment to continuously improve and evolve India Forums, making it a more user-friendly and engaging community. We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on these updates.

Edited by vijay - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

Also working on:

WebPush Notifications (Coming Soon): We're excited to announce that we are developing an in-house WebPush notification system. This feature, still under works, will allow you to receive notifications even when you're not actively browsing our site. Stay tuned for this handy update!

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hi, congrats on trying out new features. 
Does the 150 pages per thread rule still apply?
Also, all my hyperlinks are messed up due to the recent page update. It works fine from desktop but from phone, the index of my stories are not working properly.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaveTeal

Hi, congrats on trying out new features. 
Does the 150 pages per thread rule still apply?
Also, all my hyperlinks are messed up due to the recent page update. It works fine from desktop but from phone, the index of my stories are not working properly.

Yes the 150 posts per topic still holds. But there is 20% more posts that can go now.

Please share the link so that I can have a look. 

WaveTeal thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Yes the 150 posts per topic still holds. But there is 20% more posts that can go now.

Please share the link so that I can have a look. 

Here is just an example link : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/164125539
But it's happening with every other index as well.

vijay thumbnail

Here is just an example link : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/164125539
But it's happening with every other index as well.

Well we recommend using the direct Post Link so that even if there is any change, your readers are able to visit the post easily. 

You do not need to mention the page number as sometimes we do Spam / Helpful content check and that could reduce the post count, thus affecting the Page Number that you have specified.

Sutapasima thumbnail

Thank you dear Vijay and the technical team , who work tirelessly for upgrading out IF experience.

I am going to love this feature of more reading per page and also the new features .

IMG_0998.png

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 months ago
WaveTeal thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Well we recommend using the direct Post Link so that even if there is any change, your readers are able to visit the post easily. 

You do not need to mention the page number as sometimes we do Spam / Helpful content check and that could reduce the post count, thus affecting the Page Number that you have specified.

Thanks, for your response. My concern is about the hyperlinks as those are redirecting incorrectly from mobile browsers.
Yes, I always use direct post links only. As there are always posts getting deleted so have always used specific post links. It's working fine from desktop - chrome for me. 

Previously too this happened after IF's automated post deletion(spam type 2/3 words repetitive comments) and the same issue persists this time & after the page update, it got impacted badly(Despite using direct post links). 

EDIT: OK now the hyperlinks are not working from Chrome as well. [all the links I embedded are from specific post links]

Edited by WaveTeal - 3 months ago
vijay thumbnail

Thanks, for your response. My concern is about the hyperlinks as those are redirecting incorrectly from mobile browsers.
Yes, I always use direct post links only. As there are always posts getting deleted so have always used specific post links. It's working fine from desktop - chrome for me. 

Previously too this happened after IF's automated post deletion(spam type 2/3 words repetitive comments) and the same issue persists this time & after the page update, it got impacted badly(Despite using direct post links). 

EDIT: OK now the hyperlinks are not working from Chrome as well. [all the links I embedded are from specific post links]

Well don't worry, if you have used the direct links it would work. You might be facing issues due to caching which would resolve in sometime.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Thank you so much Vijay Sir for implementing content copying restrictions smiley31 Much needed smiley14