Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: vijay

Increased Topics per Forum Page: 

To improve your browsing experience, we've upped the number of topics per forum page from 20 to 30. This update means easier access to a broader range of discussions without the need for frequent page turns.

Love this update! Thank youuuu

Please also update us when the new email notification update goes live

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

• Content Copying Restrictions
    To safeguard the valuable contributions of our users, we are introducing a new feature that restricts the copying of post content. When copying text from posts, only the first 150 characters will be allowed, followed by a link to the original post. This change is to encourage users to visit the forum for full content, fostering a more engaged community.

This is horrible. Yesterday, every single time I tried to back up my own writing to my computer by copying and pasting, I got this truncation error. Even before I posted my writing, simply by typing it into a field on your site, I lost control over it.

Every time I wanted to post the same song lyrics in two different Music Corner theme topics, I couldn't simply copy, paste, and fix the paragraphs.

Every time I copied the link to a post using its Link and Copy buttons, it pasted a nonfunctional link into the URL field, forcing me to type every digit of the post number.

Now you tell me this is not a bug, it's a feature. It's not user friendly at all to take control away from members. I detest it.

I won't tell you what workaround I found, because you'll want to disable it for consistency. However, if any member is frustrated, PM me and I'll help you.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Increasing  posts per page will increase 300 posts per thread, that's really great.  Will be especially helpful in fast-moving sports threads. 

Thanks once again Vijay.

nopes.

150 x 10 = 1500 posts per Topic.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

This is horrible. Yesterday, every single time I tried to back up my own writing to my computer by copying and pasting, I got this truncation error. Even before I posted my writing, simply by typing it into a field on your site, I lost control over it.

Every time I wanted to post the same song lyrics in two different Music Corner theme topics, I couldn't simply copy, paste, and fix the paragraphs.

Every time I copied the link to a post using its Link and Copy buttons, it pasted a nonfunctional link into the URL field, forcing me to type every digit of the post number.

Now you tell me this is not a bug, it's a feature. It's not user friendly at all to take control away from members. I detest it.

I won't tell you what workaround I found, because you'll want to disable it for consistency. However, if any member is frustrated, PM me and I'll help you.

The workaround is easy, Open your post in Edit Post page. 

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

That wasn't working yesterday or earlier today, but it is working now, so thank you for fixing it.

I tried one post Edit, one saved Draft, and one Edit Chapter. Now I am able to copy from any of them and paste everything somewhere else, such as a Quick Reply field.

It makes sense that wherever a member has posted or drafted content, that member's ability to copy and paste it should be unrestricted.

However, when I copy from the Quick Reply field and paste into a post Edit or saved Draft or Edit Chapter, I get the truncation error. Please fix this too.

Edited to add: I also can't copy out of the Comment/Reply fields on a fan fiction chapter!

When a topic gets Locked, there's no Edit button that would allow me to copy my own post. I request you to invent a workaround. For example, instead of the Edit button disappearing, it could turn into a Copy button; the member who made the post could copy it, but no one else, except whichever DT or Staff have the privilege to Edit.

Again, I clicked a post's Link and Copy buttons and tried to paste the URL into this post. It got truncated. Please fix this.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

nopes.

150 x 10 = 1500 posts per Topic.

Yes, it will be 1500. I said it will increase 300 posts, means 2 posts per page , 150 ×2=300 . 

Thanks once again Vijay. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 months ago
vijay thumbnail

We have 2 more updates:

Improved Forum Quick Jump Navigation
We’ve reorganized the forum categories in the quick jump menu, making it much easier for you to find the right forum. This streamlined navigation will save you time and enhance your browsing experience. If we have missed out or have wrongly grouped, please share your suggestions and feedback.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 6.53.26 PM.png

Clear Identification of Private Forums
To help you easily distinguish between public and private spaces, we are now marking private forums as [Private] in the dropdown list. This added clarity will help you navigate our forums more effectively.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Vijay, It seems you have yet to include the IPL in the  sports section. 

The Sports / Cricket forum was added to the main forums list. That is good. 

No description available.

Here, please include IPL as well. The other  2 included forums here  are private ones. 

Please add IPL  forum also. 

Thank you, once again for adding a few more new features, Bhai. smiley27

MochaQueen thumbnail

The workaround is easy, Open your post in Edit Post page. 

Any solution for locked threads?

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Are the number of posts deleted?

My number of posts are reduced.