MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Hakuna_Matata11

Are the number of posts deleted?

My number of posts are reduced.

Yes the forum went through another round of cleanup

Red_eyes94 thumbnail

Bhai happy new year congratulations for new feature many u and your team achieve more success this year and coming years 👍👍

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Content Copying Restrictions To safeguard the valuable contributions of our users, we are introducing a new feature that restricts the copying of post content. 

Can there be better ways to bring this change and also allow discretion with the main user to decide if the post should be a no copy post?

IF used to have 'nocopy quote' that was used more than a decade ago which restricted copying the posts. You can add a checkbox for no copy (just like member's only or mature posts) if that is practically possible?

Listing a couple of issues I'm currently facing:

1. Since we can't do a quote on quote anymore, I typically use the copy paste feature to respond to long posts/ discussions. That is no longer possible due to the copy restrictions. 

2. Also, at times I tend to reply to multiple posts with a single reply/ post by using the copy paste feature. That is also not possible because I can't copy the whole post anymore.

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: joliefemme

Content Copying Restrictions To safeguard the valuable contributions of our users, we are introducing a new feature that restricts the copying of post content. 

Can there be better ways to bring this change and also allow discretion with the main user to decide if the post should be a no copy post?

IF used to have 'nocopy quote' that was used more than a decade ago which restricted copying the posts. You can add a checkbox for no copy (just like member's only or mature posts) if that is practically possible?

Listing a couple of issues I'm currently facing:

1. Since we can't do a quote on quote anymore, I typically use the copy paste feature to respond to long posts/ discussions. That is no longer possible due to the copy restrictions. 

2. Also, at times I tend to reply to multiple posts with a single reply/ post by using the copy paste feature. That is also not possible because I can't copy the whole post anymore.

I second this.

I sometimes post original long-form content across multiple communities here on IF, and the new anti-copying restriction makes it very difficult for me to copy my own posts! 

Maybe one of the features Jolie has suggested or even an option/s

1) that excludes current IF members with a certain number of posts from this restriction (say over 1,000)

2) that at least allows existing members to copy their own posts 

joliefemme thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

I second this.

I sometimes post original long-form content across multiple communities here on IF, and the new anti-copying restriction makes it very difficult for me to copy my own posts! 

Maybe one of the features Jolie has suggested or even an option/s

1) that excludes current IF members with a certain number of posts from this restriction (say over 1,000)

2) that at least allows existing members to copy their own posts 

You can copy your own posts through the settings >> edit and use copy paste feature through that. Are you not able to copy through this option?

The issues are being faced primarily in the replying to long discussion quotes which you can't requote and replying to multiple posts at the same time (I hate spamming so I reply to several quotes at the same time in one post).

Surely there can be better ways to bring this change without impacting quality discussions. 

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: joliefemme

You can copy your own posts through the settings >> edit and use copy paste feature through that. Are you not able to copy through this option?

The issues are being faced primarily in the replying to long discussion quotes which you can't requote and replying to multiple posts at the same time (I hate spamming so I reply to several quotes at the same time in one post).

Surely there can be better ways to bring this change without impacting quality discussions. 

Ah yes- that works- a tad inconvenient, but yes, it does work. I'm just used to control c/control v'ing on the already published post.

Nevertheless, I do agree with you- the idea behind the anti-copying measure is not bad, but a better way of implementation would be appreciated.

Edit- Also looks like quoting the person and then copying the content (technically the same as settings/edit for your own post in another form) will bypass the anti-copying filter? I'm copying some elements from Vijay's original post below.

We are always looking for ways to enhance your experience on our platform. Today, we're excited to share some upcoming changes that are sure to improve your interaction with our forums. 

Here's what's new:

• Increased Posts Per Page
    To improve your reading experience, we are increasing the number of posts per forum topic page from 8 to 10. This change means less clicking and more continuous reading for you!

• Enhanced Email Notification Previews
    In our ongoing effort to make your experience more seamless, we're upgrading our email notifications. Going forward, you'll be able to read the content of private messages and other notifications like new post replies directly in your email. This means less switching back and forth between your email and the forum to stay updated on what matters to you. Currently in testing phase and we should be live by next week.

• Content Copying Restrictions
    To safeguard the valuable contributions of our users, we are introducing a new feature that restricts the copying of post content. When copying text from posts, only the first 150 characters will be allowed, followed by a link to the original post. This change is to encourage users to visit the forum for full content, fostering a more engaged community.

• Increased Topics per Forum Page
    To improve your browsing experience, we've upped the number of topics per forum page from 20 to 30. This update means easier access to a broader range of discussions without the need for frequent page turns.(I think this was done last month but I forgot to mention it)

• Improved Forum Quick Jump Navigation 
    We’ve reorganized the forum categories in the quick jump menu, making it much easier for you to find the right forum. This streamlined navigation will save you time and enhance your browsing experience. If we have missed out or have wrongly grouped, please share your suggestions and
Edited by aekiel - 3 months ago
joliefemme thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

Ah yes- that works- a tad inconvenient, but yes, it does work. I'm just used to control c/control v'ing on the already published post.

Nevertheless, I do agree with you- the idea behind the anti-copying measure is not bad, but a better way of implementation would be appreciated.

Edit- Also looks like quoting the person and then copying the content (technically the same as settings/edit for your own post in another form) will bypass the anti-copying filter? I'm copying some elements from Vijay's original post below.

We are always looking for ways to enhance your experience on our platform. Today, we're excited to share some upcoming changes that are sure to improve your interaction with our forums. 

Here's what's new:

• Increased Posts Per Page
    To improve your reading experience, we are increasing the number of posts per forum topic page from 8 to 10. This change means less clicking and more continuous reading for you!

• Enhanced Email Notification Previews
    In our ongoing effort to make your experience more seamless, we're upgrading our email notifications. Going forward, you'll be able to read the content of private messages and other notifications like new post replies directly in your email. This means less switching back and forth between your email and the forum to stay updated on what matters to you. Currently in testing phase and we should be live by next week.

• Content Copying Restrictions
    To safeguard the valuable contributions of our users, we are introducing a new feature that restricts the copying of post content. When copying text from posts, only the first 150 characters will be allowed, followed by a link to the original post. This change is to encourage users to visit the forum for full content, fostering a more engaged community.

• Increased Topics per Forum Page
    To improve your browsing experience, we've upped the number of topics per forum page from 20 to 30. This update means easier access to a broader range of discussions without the need for frequent page turns.(I think this was done last month but I forgot to mention it)

• Improved Forum Quick Jump Navigation 
    We’ve reorganized the forum categories in the quick jump menu, making it much easier for you to find the right forum. This streamlined navigation will save you time and enhance your browsing experience. If we have missed out or have wrongly grouped, please share your suggestions and

My problem is a bit different. Let me try to explain.

Let's say, ABC has made a very lengthy post. Jolie replies in line in green font to this post by using the quote feature. 

Now if ABC needs to reply further to the in line green font comment by Jolie, quote on quote isn't possible, ABC will also not get the edit option (as the original reply was from Jolie). 

Previously ABC would use the copy paste option. Copy the whole post, paste in a new comment box, reply in line in say blue and tag Jolie. This is no longer possible due to the copy restrictions. 

I have no issues with the no copy feature (this was there since a decade) but there needs to be a better way to implement this or leave the discretion to the users if they want a no copy post. 

Savera84 thumbnail

The way we are finding solutions for other issues, I think I have a solution for your problem.  

After quoting ABC's post, remove everything in square brackets at the beginning and end of the post along with square brackets and make inline comments in different colour and font and tag ABC.  ABC might get a notification that you quoted their post.  I think we can live with it.

-----------------------------

I got what you are saying.

Let's say, ABC has made a very lengthy post. Jolie replies in line in green font to this post by using the quote feature. 

Now if ABC needs to reply further to the in line green font comment by Jolie, quote on quote isn't possible, ABC will also not get the edit option (as the original reply was from Jolie). 

Previously ABC would use the copy paste option. Copy the whole post, paste in a new comment box, reply in line in say blue and tag Jolie. This is no longer possible due to the copy restrictions. 

I have no issues with the no copy feature (this was there since a decade) but there needs to be a better way to implement this or leave the discretion to the users if they want a no copy post. 

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 3 months ago
Moonks thumbnail

Our reading experience is taken into consideration so much, Thank you for that, but what about the bullying going on Bollywood forum?? Those who bully are safe and the victims if say something, their posts are deleted.

When are you going to take our mental health and a healthy discussion into consideration? Or only bullies on this site have the right of freedom of speech and expression and others don't??

I hope you take action on this post instead of deleting it.

Thank you!!

Edited by Moonks - 3 months ago
joliefemme thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

The way we are finding solutions for other issues, I think I have a solution for your problem.  

After quoting ABC's post, remove everything in square brackets at the beginning and end of the post along with square brackets and make inline comments in different colour and font and tag ABC.  ABC might get a notification that you quoted their post.  I think we can live with it.

-----------------------------

I got what you are saying.

Cheers..

I appreciate your response. I am aware I can do this but I usually leave it for the subsequent conversation where quote features cannot be used anymore. 

What about multiple replies in one post issue? I want to reply to many people on a topic without actually spamming 😕 

Why can't there be a checkbox to decide no copy posts by the original poster itself? If I don't want my posts to be copied I will check the box otherwise leave it.