Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 months ago

True..easier said then done.

Raising a child is not a joke..let alone doing it as a single parent. Neena Gupta doesn't advocate it to anyone having learned the hard way.

All these shallow talks about not marrying coz they r independent , some marrying just to have kids, some wanting to marry but not wanting kids at all..all r just talks.. specially by celebs..they don't walk the talk

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Who wants to marry Tapsee ? 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Why just Alia? Many actresses from Sridevi, Neetu Singh to Neha Dhupia did the same.

It would be actually cool to see someone get married after giving birth to the baby. But I doubt if anyone is really gutsy enough to go against the patriarchal norms of the society. Maybe some day. (I know Neena Gupta did it but she didn't ever get married to Vivian right? 

Agree.

But how patriarchal norms? People know names of both parents..also both r involved in a mrg. It's not just the woman's responsibility. Also why wait to get pregnant if u want to get married..or why get married if u just want a baby..

What exactly is the issue with a normal marriage??

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Who wants to marry Tapsee ? 

The one who'd make her pregnant. Ussi ne bola.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Why just Alia? Many actresses from Sridevi, Neetu Singh to Neha Dhupia did the same.

It would be actually cool to see someone get married after giving birth to the baby. But I doubt if anyone is really gutsy enough to go against the patriarchal norms of the society. Maybe some day. (I know Neena Gupta did it but she didn't ever get married to Vivian right? 

Not Bollywood but Hardik Pandya and his girlfriend got married two years after their kid was born. 

Kalki Koechlin is still not married but she and her baby daddy are white. 

Arjun Rampal and his girlfriend are not married and have a 3 year old. Ileana is in her 8th or 9th month and not married.  

Then there’s been Neha Dhupia, Dia Mirza, Swara Bhasakar, and of course Alia Bhatt who got married pregnant. 

It’s definitely not as taboo as it was in the 80s or 90s or even 2000s. But Bollywood is still not Hollywood and even today mainstream actors of the level of Alia and Ranbir would not have a child out of wedlock. There’s definitely a bit of cultural hypocrisy here because a lot of A list celebs lived together before getting married including Alia and Ranbir and were very open about it. But having a child out of wedlock is still a no no for a lot of them. I think there’s a sense that family reputation cannot stand for having a child out of wedlock. So while theoretically Ranbir didn’t have to marry Alia as this is the 2020s and he could have just said I’ll be a father but not a husband, in reality the scion of the Kapoor Khandan could never not legally and religiously acknowledge his own child, another Kapoor offspring. This is a more general take on the subject. Ranbir specifically also had/has a reputation of being a player, cheater, and one that cannot and will not be a good partner. Imagine if someone with that kind of image had said that he would not marry his pregnant girlfriend of five years. I don’t care how good his PR is, or how big of a last name Kapoor is, him and his career would have never gotten past that. So it may or may not be true that Alia trapped him (we can all have our personal opinions on the matter) but once she got pregnant he was done for.  

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Not Bollywood but Hardik Pandya and his girlfriend got married two years after their kid was born. 

That was Hardik-Natasha's second wedding since they couldn't have a big wedding the first time due to the pandemic.

Edited by hyancchoatishoo - 10 months ago
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

with that kind of mindset, maybe she too should try getting pregnant... shaadi banane ke liye?😆 

Unicorn20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

that’s some cheap comedy without good taste I just saw on internet 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: hyancchoatishoo

That was Hardik-Natasha's second wedding since they couldn't have a big wedding the first time due to the pandemic.

Ohh I did not know that. Thank you. 

I guess there isn’t anyone yet that has gotten married after having a kid.  

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

It’s definitely not as taboo as it was in the 80s or 90s or even 2000s. But Bollywood is still not Hollywood and even today mainstream actors of the level of Alia and Ranbir would not have a child out of wedlock. There’s definitely a bit of cultural hypocrisy here because a lot of A list celebs lived together before getting married including Alia and Ranbir and were very open about it. But having a child out of wedlock is still a no no for a lot of them. I think there’s a sense that family reputation cannot stand for having a child out of wedlock. So while theoretically Ranbir didn’t have to marry Alia as this is the 2020s and he could have just said I’ll be a father but not a husband, in reality the scion of the Kapoor Khandan could never not legally and religiously acknowledge his own child, another Kapoor offspring. This is a more general take on the subject. Ranbir specifically also had/has a reputation of being a player, cheater, and one that cannot and will not be a good partner. Imagine if someone with that kind of image had said that he would not marry his pregnant girlfriend of five years. I don’t care how good his PR is, or how big of a last name Kapoor is, him and his career would have never gotten past that. So it may or may not be true that Alia trapped him (we can all have our personal opinions on the matter) but once she got pregnant he was done for.  

Agreed with a good amount of what you said. But the way I see it

- having a child out of wedlock may still be taboo, but at least those of us who know better shouldn't fixate on it

- especially not Tapsee, for someone who claims to be a feminist, this joke was in poor taste

- accusing someone of trapping a guy through pregnancy is a serious accusation and should not be made unless there is cold hard proof

- someone who has a reputation of being a player and cheater would go the extra mile to avoid pregnancy and ensure their lifestyle, IMHO there is more to it

---

My theory is that when Alia got pregnant they were encouraged to marry. I don't think Alia or Ranbir had marriage on their minds until others told them it might be a good idea.