Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 months ago

Neena Gupta was very strong, however she did find it difficult to raise a child as a single mother. Sushmita Sen has done that with 2 kids. It is not romantic being a single mother, the struggle is double, and you have to be very courageous to take over that. Not everyone is strong or would want to take over that role. In spite of becoming successful a lot of doors was closed on Neena and she had to forge her own path and only in the last few years has she been that successful.

Problem with Tapsee is that she is a hypocrite, she puts on an act and changes her tune. Her life her choice but to talk about being pregnant to get married is in bad taste. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Exactly... that's why people troll Alia... they may think (like I do) that she absolutely wanted to become Ranbir's wife but that he wasn't ready to commit (I even doubt that he ever wanted to get married at all).

So, a bit like in her movie Darlings, she just ...did whatever it took... 😉

Personally, I wouldn't troll her for that as I guess that she hasn't the love-life she wants to portray in public...

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Clochette

Exactly... that's why people troll Alia... they may think (like I do) that she absolutely wanted to become Ranbir's wife but that he wasn't ready to commit (I even doubt that he ever wanted to get married at all).

So, a bit like in her movie Darlings, she just ...did whatever it took... 😉

Personally, I wouldn't troll her for that as I guess that she hasn't the love-life she wants to portray in public...

Why are we talking as if Ranbir is some dumb a$$ who would unwillingly get entrapped by a woman? 

Ranbir has been a playboy for a long time. Are we to believe he wouldn't take plenty of precautions if he wasn't ready to commit? And even if she got pregnant, why would we commit all of a sudden? Plenty of men refuse to marry, even when their girlfriends are pregnant. 

I don't think it is a fairy tale romance as people deem it to be. But I don't think there was any desperate scheming by Alia. Two film clans found an alliance favorable and sealed it. That the couple in question was dating helped. 

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Only Alia - RK would know what went on between them. But now that they got married, it's their headache. If these folks know something juicy, I understand there must be some inside joke given how Alia portrays her love story, marriage to be some one of its kind & some antics she pull which revolves around his exes. Alia is sly & RK was never saint but what Tapsee did here wasn't even funny. Very corny. IDK what these people get by pulling stunt like this.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

What a dumb answer. Where did this even come from 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I doubt that Alia is very much liked and the way she portrayed her love story may have irked some of her collegues.

I don't dislike Alia but even I found it a bit tooo much, a bit exxagerated...and even I got it that she seems to feel a tinge of jealousy about Deepika.

But that's not in a judgemental way I think about that...just my observations.

Neither would I judge if indeed she tried to get a marriage she wanted...it's she who has to live the consequences...I only hope that little Raha is loved by both.

I don't think that it is a matter of intelligence to make a baby while making love even when not done on purpose. It could have been planned by Alia or not, Ranbir may have the wish to become a father or not...but do you really think of Alia as a woman who would tell Ranbir "no, no, really, no need to marry me, I'm fine with being an unmarried mother...you're free to do what you want."

As for two fimclans coming together...I don't get the feeling that there is much sympathy between the Bhatts and the Kapoors (or am I wrong?).

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Bruh...not needed at all🥴

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: incrediblycute

So we like people to have s*x before marriage,  we promote live in relationships,  we believe that people should be s*xually active and explore but all hell breaks loose  if the girl becomes pregnant with her partner in love and they marry each other. 

If s*x before marriage is accepted and considered cool and modern why pregnancy before marriage is frowned upon? Genuine question......

If it's in context of Alia..well it's frowned upon just Bcoz she is Alia..

In general, maybe bcoz there r contraceptives? 

Either way, Taapsee's answer is dumb.. as expected from her

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I don't know why people are so fixated that Alia was pregnant before marriage. Also, you don't HAVE to marry if you're pregnant. Alia makes enough to be a single mom. Heck, Neena Gupta did it way back. And abortion is also legal in India. 

Pregnancy is one of the dumbest reasons to get married. 

I don't think it's so linear. It's easy to dismiss someone's view and say you don't have to get married just because you're pregnant, which objectively is a no-brainer and should be drilled into women from young age, but sadly that is not how things work. Women and mostly show biz women do not marry solely for financial stability. They marry for security, social standing, for their children to inherit a famous last name, and many other reasons. Why does Kajol, who I'm pretty sure is self sufficient herself, stays married to a cheating Ajay? Or Twinkle (who actually is so opinionated) stay married to Akshay? They stay married for reasons other than money. There are very few good marriages in Bollywood, that too only started in recent times, with couples like Kat-Vicky, Sid-Kiara, to an extent Anushka-Virat. 

It's interesting that you brought up Neena Gupta. She's indeed very very brave but the fact is she's had such a tough time that she felt suicidal in the past about her decision. She of course couldn't marry Viv Richards because a) it was a fling b) he was already married with 2 kids. She kept it all under wraps even after Masaba was born. She was outted by a famous journalist, Pritish Nandy, who stole Masaba's birth certificate from the hospital and leaked her father's name to the media like it was a breaking story. Before that nobody knew who the father was, there were speculations only. This all happened in the 80s but indian society has not changed much even to this day. There are many vultures like Nandy ready to pluck at the scab for media attention. Neena was asked in an interview if given a chance would she do over raising a child out of wedlock, and she said she wouldn't. She had an unbelievably tough time and although she was open with Masaba about her father, there was still loss of father's love. The point is not that woman can't raise but that they are driven to sticking out in their marriages because of societal pressure. Brave ones like Neena dare the opposite but they are subjugated to lifetime of humiliation, scheming, and lose significant years of their life. 

I'm not advocating that women should stay in loveless marriages or they should hastily marry cos they are pregnant. Just that I understand when some women stick it out because they are not brave/have resources/lack support. It's easy to be dismissive without having lived the experience. We can write all we want but how many of us would do it? Earnestly? It's scary af and not everyone is cut out of the same cloth. 

Edited by ohophelia - 10 months ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Why just Alia? Many actresses from Sridevi, Neetu Singh to Neha Dhupia did the same.

It would be actually cool to see someone get married after giving birth to the baby. But I doubt if anyone is really gutsy enough to go against the patriarchal norms of the society. Maybe some day. (I know Neena Gupta did it but she didn't ever get married to Vivian right?