Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I wrote a long ass post in response to this a couple of hours ago and now I don’t see it. I must have forgotten to hit send 🤦🏽‍♀️

Well, yes in that regard Ranbir has found the perfect girl for himself. Giving compatibility a whole new meaning 😆

Soni wasn’t Mahesh’s only affair. He had a long term affair with Parvin Babi and openly bragged about it. Odds are there were others too. He’s basically a philanderer. It’s very easy to get all deep and philosophical and BS about human nature and monogamy and things not being all black and white. None of that however changes the fact that when you have an affair you are cheating ba**ard. You may financially be a good provider. You may be a good father (generally speaking and not about Mahesh Bhatt), a good friend, and good person in society. But you are being disloyal to your partner and causing her a great deal of pain and anguish and one way or another that will play itself into other relationships and dynamics around you. Alia trying to find ways to explain her parents affair or her now famous emotional infidelity statement is a byproduct of growing up in a dysfunctional family. And she’s chosen another child of dysfunctional household as her life partner which in a weird twisted sort of way gives it a full circle kind of feel. 

1.. We just aren't as enlightened as the Bhatt's.

2.. What if it doesn't really bother or pain the cheated partner?

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think Ohophelia said it best that Alia’s own actions and hypocrisy is one of the main reasons why there seems to be a fixation on her being pregnant before her wedding. Not entirely mind you. A lot of it is definitely misogyny, social conservatism, and just plain old gossip. But how Alia handled not just her wedding but her entire relationship has opened the door for extra speculation about it. A shotgun wedding was the cherry on top of the public relationship cake.  

I get that Alia's PR and overhyped giddiness about her so-called perfect romance rub people the wrong way. But as you said there is definitely misogyny. I think it plays a larger role than it does. And I do think some of us women have a lot of internalized misogyny where some women feel almost compelled to tear down other women's relationships. 

TBH, I see this more as a child trying to be defensive and make sense of their parents rather than justify infidelity point blank. 

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I personally think Ranbir poked holes into his own condoms to trap the young, nubile Alia into marriage. But y’all go off 

This maybe a joke, but it hits truer for me. 

IDK, I simply cannot see why a young and upcoming star like Alia would be desperate to be with Ranbir. But I can totally see why an aging womanizer might jump at the opportunity to seal the deal with the next rising star. 

Sounds like a remark from a salty, jealous woman...

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

1.. We just aren't as enlightened as the Bhatt's.

2.. What if it doesn't really bother or pain the cheated partner?

First point, you make jokes but I bet you anything Mahesh Bhatt actually believes that.  

Second point, as long as she’s genuinely not bothered by it and not just putting up an act of being unbothered. If the marriage is more of a business deal or marriage of convenience or even an open marriage then it is very much possible that the wife isn’t bothered by the cheating at all. But I was talking about situations where it’s a real marriage with two people actually promising each other loyalty and fidelity among other things. Mahesh Bhatt and his first wife fell in love and had what we all call a love marriage. He just couldn’t stay loyal. This man has actually made statements along the lines of marriage and monogamy being archaic concepts in recent years. But he himself had a messed up childhood so …

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheMinion

Sounds like a remark from a salty, jealous woman...

THIS 😎

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Alia seemed very much smitten by Ranbir throughout the years...and Ranbir seemed more playing along/being annoyed than in love...

but you may be right and I may be wrong...so what? Basically it's their life and their relationship (where - at least for a long time - Aayan was also involved).

I wasn't even interested in their love story...until I watched Brahmastra and saw the different effort of both to create what people call 'chemistry' (and I a believable connection).  I also saw pictures with Ranbir, Aayan and Alia...and I saw a jealous Aayan, an Alia making sheep's eyes and a Ranbir between both, in conversation with Aayan...

I've no pro or contra relative to the respective feelings I sensed but I've a hard time to believe that the pregnancy had been a wish from both sides equally.

Edited by Clochette - 10 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

TBH, I see this more as a child trying to be defensive and make sense of their parents rather than justify infidelity point blank. 

She said she understands it as a human nature. That it does exist and we can't turn our head away and deny it. 

It isn't justification but acceptance.

From her grandparents generation to her parents to her own..she has seen EMAs in family..it's normal for her.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

And I do think some of us women have a lot of internalized misogyny where some women feel almost compelled to tear down other women's relationships. 

yes the quote “Women don’t even care about women’s rights” is ironically true 😆