Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642126 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I remember that interview of Shakti very clearly.

Rani was even accused of fling with Anil Kapoor and 'that is how she got Nayak'.

Stories of Rani's link ups, flings made news all the time back then.

She began to wear sarees, brought her parents, brother and SIL with her at events and spoke about being close to family, to present sanskari family girl image, who was laadli beti and laadli nanad, behen etc. And did gharelu roles like housewife or small town girls to clean her image by mid 2000s.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Ash was suspected to have got Taal by pleasing Subhash Ghai, who is a known pervert and has reportedly exploited Madhuri, Meenakshi, Mahima too in past.

IDK if casting couch is real. I do know Ash got and lost a lot of projects due to relationship with Salman.

I had heard Salman showed up on the sets of Taal when Subhash Ghai was getting too close to Aish and created a scene. He also exploited Manisha Koirala.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Govinda bought her an apartment

Rani has terrible taste!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Rani has terrible taste!

She was with Abhishek also ?

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

She was with Abhishek also ?

point ? I never called Abhishek handsome ?

642126 thumbnail

Subhash Ghai was pervert. Period. There is no new actress he has not exploited. Madhuri, Manisha, Meenakshi, Mahima, Katrina etc, he preyed upon them all. IDK if he spared Kareena though he seemed crazy about Bebo when she was young and called her millennium girl and future superstar.

I have also read Salman was upset when Ghai invited Ash to his house.

And he probably did not want Ash to work with him or meet him and Ghai was one of earliest reasons for Salman to get angry with Ash. He was possessive about her and probably wary of Ghai's pervert nature preying upon her too.

These heroes know nature of directors, producers and male actors too.

I feel Salman had become too territorial and possessive about Ash then.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

point ? I never called Abhishek handsome ?

I’m not raising any points. I’m asking if they dated

642126 thumbnail

Govinda was a top star then and giving hits every year with David Dhawan.

If someone gives you bhaav, you will take it.

Rani was 19 or 20 then. Young and ambitious to make it at any cost.

Probably got carried away by attention and also did more than 1 movie with Govinda then. Had signed more but they were shelved after Govinda began to flop and news of affair spoiled his and Rani's image.

642126 thumbnail

IDK if they dated but there was a time around 2003-2005 when both Abhishek and Amitabh seemed to be very fond of Rani and were doing lot of films with her.

Rani would speak of both of them fondly.

Probably her PR also spread comparisons of her jodi with AB Jr as reminiscent of Amitabh and Jaya given the height difference and Rani also being a Bengali like Jaya.

Rani was the only one who kept doing lot of films with Abhishek despite his flops. Some soft spot or fling may have been there. Their jodi was popular and hit and they did win fav jodi awards then.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I’m not raising any points. I’m asking if they dated

They did! There is video evidence of her being announced to be the winner of an award. She goes to him to blow a kiss or something.