Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

This is not first time I am hearing this about Rani.

Remember that sting operation that exposed casting couch in Bollywood and Shakti Kapoor etc were exposed in it and Shakti had said Rani, Preity etc had all 'done it' to get work in Bollywood?

I guess anyone who grew in 2000s would remember that India TV sting operation.

I will not be surprised it there was some truth to it. Rani was doing B grade films like Raja ki aayegi baraat earlier. How she suddenly got big banner films and worked with all 3 Khans, HR, Bachchans, Deols, Ajay, Anil etc in such a short span of time despite her voice, average looks and short height, is curious.

She has been quite a social climber. Not without reason did she get to marry Adi Chopra.

ALL actresses are massive social climbers. The ones who aren’t don’t make it. Simple. Heck, even irl there are too many social climbers. BW toh, is thoroughly & completely cruel & RUTHLESS. 😆 Poor things have no choice.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I had heard rumors about Dia and Salman before. I did not believe them. Because people I know who have met him stated he was a gentleman toward them. But again maybe the people I know never lead him on for movies or anything like that. It is always a two-way thing.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

ALL actresses are massive social climbers. The ones who aren’t don’t make it. Simple. Heck, even irl there are too many social climbers. BW toh, is thoroughly & completely cruel & RUTHLESS. 😆 Poor things have no choice.

From what I know Aish was not a part of the casting couch. I could be wrong. But her relationship with Salman did help get her projects and later lose them.

sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

This is not first time I am hearing this about Rani.

Remember that sting operation that exposed casting couch in Bollywood and Shakti Kapoor etc were exposed in it and Shakti had said Rani, Preity etc had all 'done it' to get work in Bollywood?

I guess anyone who grew in 2000s would remember that India TV sting operation.

I will not be surprised it there was some truth to it. Rani was doing B grade films like Raja ki aayegi baraat earlier. How she suddenly got big banner films and worked with all 3 Khans, HR, Bachchans, Deols, Ajay, Anil etc in such a short span of time despite her voice, average looks and short height, is curious.

She has been quite a social climber. Not without reason did she get to marry Adi Chopra.

Rani had some steaming affair with Govinda too, who was a Married Man back then. He was crazy about her and was willing to leave his Marriage. Apparently, it was after a lot of counselling and well wishers sitting him down and trying to make him look at things practically, that he stayed in his Marriage. Or rather, maybe he was more into Rani, than she was into him. So that made him stay with his Wife too? idk. Heard about the Rani-Govinda thing. Earlier, it was Rani-Aamir during Ghulam days that I heard about, but it wasn't as serious and was a passing fling apparently.

sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

He didn’t “seem” to drop his fiancé, he actually DID drop her for Ash. She herself gave IVs too & I remember she even said she has proof or something that all this happened b/c he got together with someone like Aishwarya Rai. She sounded heartbroken, poor thing. I remember feeling awful for her. Well Karma bit Vivek very very hard. Seems like he’s quite happy with his wife now so good for him.

If he did that, he was clearly wrong. Seemed like a fool hardy move, clouded his judgement as he was probably excited getting together with someone like Aish. So good on him for having the same done back to him and for him to learn his lesson from that. Yeah he seems quite happy and grounded these days, adores his Wife and has moved out of that zone.

642126 thumbnail

I have read Govinda had bought even a house for Rani and was ready to move in with her.

Rani was also blamed for being one of reasons for rift between Aamir and Reena and it is said she had affair with him during Ghulam days.

Aamir wanted her to star in Lagaan too. He was very fond of her. Otherwise he rarely repeated co stars except maybe Juhi in 90s or Bebo later.

Plenty of interviews of Rani in past, expressing fondness for Khans, Amitabh Bachchan. Amitabh got most buttering from her. She claimed to be his fan since childhood.

Rani and Vivek were admired as a pair and once won a poll about which reel life couple should get married in real life. They were that sizzling in chemistry in Saathiya. IDK if Vivek was serious about her but he spoke fondly of her as a warm person.

My hunch is Rani has been quite a smart player and social climber. She was most keen to win over Bachchans and be Bachchan bahu at one point and media would say she reminded of AB sr and Jaya in Zanjeer and looked like Abhi's real wife in Yuva. Apparently Jaya did not approve of her.

Rani had given buttering interviews for all Khans, Bachchans and Hrithik. Impressing all top names then. And let go of many good offers just to do films with Khans, Chopras. She declined Monsoon Wedding and is said to have refused The Namesake too, just to do films with Khans and Chopras. She could have had better career abroad if she chose either Monsoon Wedding or Namesake but she was more keen to commit dates for Khan and Chopra films.

I think her buttering paid off which is why she was replaced from all films Ash was supposed to do earlier and got all awards back then and medis coverage too.

642126 thumbnail

Yeah I remember how he dumped Gurpreet after he got Ash. Breaking engagement for no reason after pretending to be true lovers was really cheap and it must have hurt Gurpreet who was with him when he was a nobody.

I am glad he got his karma.

He was a nasty guy. Later blamed Ash and called her plastic. As if he was not at fault for what he did.

642126 thumbnail

Ash was suspected to have got Taal by pleasing Subhash Ghai, who is a known pervert and has reportedly exploited Madhuri, Meenakshi, Mahima too in past.

IDK if casting couch is real. I do know Ash got and lost a lot of projects due to relationship with Salman.

Everyone sleeps around or is made to do so in this industry.

Cannot say any single person is dignified.

Ash may not have been as easily available as others though. No wonder she lost out on lot of projects in BW after fallout with Salman.

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanityinfinite

Rani had some steaming affair with Govinda too, who was a Married Man back then. He was crazy about her and was willing to leave his Marriage. Apparently, it was after a lot of counselling and well wishers sitting him down and trying to make him look at things practically, that he stayed in his Marriage. Or rather, maybe he was more into Rani, than she was into him. So that made him stay with his Wife too? idk. Heard about the Rani-Govinda thing. Earlier, it was Rani-Aamir during Ghulam days that I heard about, but it wasn't as serious and was a passing fling apparently.

Govinda bought her an apartment

sanityinfinite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Govinda bought her an apartment

Heard that, yeah