Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

As I'm adamant to watch the movie as much as possible in a theatre near (or not so near) to me, the trailer isn't of major interest for me...I was the most curious about the comments. So I looked first at the first comments and then watched the trailer shot by shot - with German subtitles (of which I don't know how accurate they are).

Now to some comments (or parts of them):

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

.. . Seriously why can’t they just do simple hand to hand action and not more demanding stuff like fighter jets/rockets etc

There clearly are different "hand to hand" action sequences (with rather fit-for-fighting actors). The "more demanding stuff" is part of this kind of movies since looooong... the James Bond and Mission Impossible movies (and many, many more of this genre) have those kind of scenes.

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Ugh. Plagiarizing the KENNEDYS now?smiley5 Can't they hire some.proper writers for once?

Nope, it's in no way "palagiarizing" as even Kennedy didn't invent this saying. The not-asking-what-XYZ-can-do-for-oneself-but-asking-what-one-con-do-for-XYZ was already used before him.

I found it rather better here as the saying focusses on a profession (and not a vaste entity like a country) and Pathaan very accurately states that a SOLDIER should work for the country (and not the country for the soldier). It's like an actor should focus on what he can do for the movie and not vice versa...or a teacher what he can do for his students (and not the contrary).

Originally posted by: NatkhatPyare

Indian James bond?

New addition in deshbhakt brigade?

Originally posted by: loginidran

There is more Deshbhakti in less than 3 minutes of this trailer than all the deshbhakti wale movies put together. 🤣 SRK jumping on the Akshay Kumar bandwagon.smiley36

Well, James Bond worked for his country, right? So do Pathaan and Deepika's character. What does that have to do with the "deshbhakt brigade" or with what Akshay Kumar did. Risking the own life for a country in a profession one has chosen to do exactly that has NOTHING to do with flattering a certain government.

To me - after having watched the trailer - the movie seems to have the same sense of patriotism than ChakDeIndia: doing something the best possible for the homeland.

Originally posted by: BubbleTea

The plot is so predictable. ...

I would agree that the end of the movie is predictable (good winning over bad) but not the plot (the trailer scenes aren't shown in a continuity and there is still scope for surprises).

I liked the pace of the trailer and the fact that John and his men aren't representing a country but people who get (highly) payed for a job to do. It doesn't seem that John's character is motivated by hate against India.

Pathaan had come back from a task which almost killed him and is on a leave. It is clear that he is asked by the Deepika character if he would join in to help eliminating the danger John's character represents. His answer is just a smile...

It's intriguing to know that the "hunter" Pathaan becomes being "hunted"...and then, there is Deepika in the SAFRON outfit (from the dance) fighting a bunch of men with Pathaan in the same John-scene-outfit standing by...

I smiled when I saw Deepika's name as the FIRST one of the lead names (then John, then SRK)...and there were also two other characters well introduced...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

What is this comedy

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well, "Newbie", if you see "comedy" there, go watch the movie and have many healthy laughs...

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow..loving it even more on repeat viewing 😉 John Abraham has not looked this good in a long time.

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I don't know if it's just me or it's about the film's but nothing seems exciting these days. It's like you aren't just looking forward to it since they lack that IT factor.

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Man. I am pumped for this movie!!

The trailer was awesome. I loved it. That beat throughout the trailer is also bad ass.

Can’t wait for the 25th!

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Green screen overload.

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

I loved it

Though some extremists if this forum anyways finding flaws and making negative comment. I wish to see them making one movie at least in their life.

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

As I'm adamant to watch the movie as much as possible in a theatre near (or not so near) to me, the trailer isn't of major interest for me...I was the most curious about the comments. So I looked first at the first comments and then watched the trailer shot by shot - with German subtitles (of which I don't know how accurate they are).

Now to some comments (or parts of them):

There clearly are different "hand to hand" action sequences (with rather fit-for-fighting actors). The "more demanding stuff" is part of this kind of movies since looooong... the James Bond and Mission Impossible movies (and many, many more of this genre) have those kind of scenes.

Nope, it's in no way "palagiarizing" as even Kennedy didn't invent this saying. The not-asking-what-XYZ-can-do-for-oneself-but-asking-what-one-con-do-for-XYZ was already used before him.

I found it rather better here as the saying focusses on a profession (and not a vaste entity like a country) and Pathaan very accurately states that a SOLDIER should work for the country (and not the country for the soldier). It's like an actor should focus on what he can do for the movie and not vice versa...or a teacher what he can do for his students (and not the contrary).

Well, James Bond worked for his country, right? So do Pathaan and Deepika's character. What does that have to do with the "deshbhakt brigade" or with what Akshay Kumar did. Risking the own life for a country in a profession one has chosen to do exactly that has NOTHING to do with flattering a certain government.

To me - after having watched the trailer - the movie seems to have the same sense of patriotism than ChakDeIndia: doing something the best possible for the homeland.

I would agree that the end of the movie is predictable (good winning over bad) but not the plot (the trailer scenes aren't shown in a continuity and there is still scope for surprises).

I liked the pace of the trailer and the fact that John and his men aren't representing a country but people who get (highly) payed for a job to do. It doesn't seem that John's character is motivated by hate against India.

Pathaan had come back from a task which almost killed him and is on a leave. It is clear that he is asked by the Deepika character if he would join in to help eliminating the danger John's character represents. His answer is just a smile...

It's intriguing to know that the "hunter" Pathaan becomes being "hunted"...and then, there is Deepika in the SAFRON outfit (from the dance) fighting a bunch of men with Pathaan in the same John-scene-outfit standing by...

I smiled when I saw Deepika's name as the FIRST one of the lead names (then John, then SRK)...and there were also two other characters well introduced...

Leave it.anyways they will critisize it. They are the Only deshbhakt in this whole world and only they knows about movie.

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Doesn't look like my cup of tea but all the best to the team.

They did SRK dirty though, was this look really needed? No one in the entire crew thought that it didn't suit him?

John otoh looks so delish after a long time