Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 years ago

KL Rahul: We've been here for a while. The one-day series, it didn't go as we wanted. Hard-fought Test match and we had to really work hard for this win. Really happy we did that. It did flatten out, didn't worry us. Looked like the batters were batting comfortably. Getting runs was hard on the first three days. The way their openers batted, we had to work hard. Our intensity was really high. We know no victory comes high. We batted well in the first innings as well. It was a job well done by Shreyas and Puji, even Pant's counter-attack. Really happy for them (Gill and Pujara), they utilised the opportunity. Very pleased with the way we bowled. The pitch wasn't really assisting the bowlers, but they found something. Umesh bowled a couple of great spells and brought us back into the game. We've built this attack over the years. They are showing what quality they have. I am not going to worry about what we could have done better.

Edited by SoniRita - 1 years ago
1251249 thumbnail

No one chase 513 since 1877

In the past SA scored 654/5 in 4th innings in 3 day test but that Era not considered as test of modern year.

Before 1900 they kept playing under rain, not changed ball after 90 overs, no Rules regulation on Fielding plus

SoniRita thumbnail

India

A complete performance from India: runs for Pujara, Gill and Iyer; wickets for Kuldeep and Axar; and a 1-0 lead in the series. But they might be in the dilemma of who to leave out if regular captain Rohit Sharma is fit for the second Test: a spinner, or a batter?

L

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Originally posted by: LiveDaemon

Why did India not enforce the follow-on? They had bowled only 56 overs: I'd understand if their fielders had been on the field for 2 whole days or something. This could have been an innings victory had they enforced it

Batting Practice. Why let go of batting on his Patta pitch and gain some confidence. There is no substitute to Match Practice and you rarely get to bat without pressure and just play as they want. Just watch them batting. Free stroking players. I would have wanted them to bat more and let kohli get to his 100 too. 100 in all three formats recently. Also tire BD players more and get them to bat in 4th innings. They did bat well but the pressure was too much for them to handle.
BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Originally posted by: LiveDaemon

But this team is not as good as the one just preceding it - the one that had Mustafizur, Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah: only Shakib and Mushfiqur Rahim from that side are in this one. Bangladesh started off badly when they had Habibul Bashar & those geezers in the side, but they became a reasonable side w/ the players I mentioned above. But after a number of them have dropped, Bangladesh are down again

Also, them getting to the knockouts of the last few ICCs isn't that great, given that most of the sides in the world, except probably England, are in transition. As for them winning an Asia Cup, I'll believe it once they start holding their own against Pakistan, which so far seems to be just a 2-3 man batting lineup

BD has so many good players but they hardly won series vs big teams. Now they are doing it regualrly without those players. And as for Pakistan, they have been doing it regularly now. Beat them in AC consistently. Ran them close many times in WC.

They reached QF in WC 2015 and SF IN CT 2017. That's what's I am talking. They could have reached SFs in 2019 too had they played more sensibly. Not T20s.

The junior team won the WC in 2020 and Women's team won AC in 2018. The women's team also beat pak in wc 2022. They are very good ODI team now.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Well said Raji. It is not an easy victory for India, as everyone expected.

Bangladesh players challenged the team of India and in fact, at one stage they were threatened to grab the victory!

Bangladesh players, both batters and bowlers, won the hearts with their fighting spirit. πŸ‘

If Bangladesh had scored more runs in their first innings (second innings of match) the contest would have gotten more interesting. It was just too much for them in the 4th innings.
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

Batting Practice. Why let go of batting on his Patta pitch and gain some confidence. There is no substitute to Match Practice and you rarely get to bat without pressure and just play as they want. Just watch them batting. Free stroking players. I would have wanted them to bat more and let kohli get to his 100 too. 100 in all three formats recently. Also tire BD players more and get them to bat in 4th innings. They did bat well but the pressure was too much for them to handle.

I am glad India didn’t enforce BD follow on, had BD screwed up that they would have lost by an innings on the country’s victory day (16/12) which explains why the players had a Bangladesh flag on their test jersey just for that day.

https://postimg.cc/dLp6WyPS

The jersey Ebadot is wearing in this picture is the special jersey Bangladesh team wore on victory day only (16/12)

BD needs to learn how to perform as a team if they want to win big games

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

BD has so many good players but they hardly won series vs big teams. Now they are doing it regualrly without those players. And as for Pakistan, they have been doing it regularly now. Beat them in AC consistently. Ran them close many times in WC.

They reached QF in WC 2015 and SF IN CT 2017. That's what's I am talking. They could have reached SFs in 2019 too had they played more sensibly. Not T20s.

The junior team won the WC in 2020 and Women's team won AC in 2018. The women's team also beat pak in wc 2022. They are very good ODI team now.

I feel BD team can do well in future too. When the fantastic 5 seniors of BD retires (one already kinda retired) , i think there can be replacement of other 4 as time passes but it’s impossible to get a replacement of Shakib Al Hasan. The closest can be Mehidy but he wont be another Shakib Al Hasan. As of 2019 WC, I dont like Shakib much but I felt genuinely bad for him he genuinely gave his heart in all the matches in that tournament but lacked support. Unfortunately that tournament was a nightmare for Mashrafe Mortaza which cost his career eventually.

Pakistan is improving in terms of results, they did had almost like a downfall during the 2015-2019 era but after Babar took over the team did improve a lot, but still not fond of their defensive approach in powerplay batting apart from that the team has improved from last 5-6 years. But for some reason Pakistan chokes on final, lost back to back finals this year.

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Originally posted by: RandomWaliLadki

I am glad India didn’t enforce BD follow on, had BD screwed up that they would have lost by an innings on the country’s victory day (16/12) which explains why the players had a Bangladesh flag on their test jersey just for that day.

https://postimg.cc/dLp6WyPS

The jersey Ebadot is wearing in this picture is the special jersey Bangladesh team wore on victory day only (16/12)

BD needs to learn how to perform as a team if they want to win big games

Ooh. That's why it looked a bit different and who can forget 16 December 1971 :)

As I type this I am watching 'The Ghazi Attack' based on the events around this time.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Ooh. That's why it looked a bit different and who can forget 16 December 1971 :)

As I type this I am watching 'The Ghazi Attack' based on the events around this time.

Wow what a coincidence πŸ˜ƒ I have not watched Ghazi Attack yet though πŸ˜†