Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: LiveDaemon

But this team is not as good as the one just preceding it - the one that had Mustafizur, Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah: only Shakib and Mushfiqur Rahim from that side are in this one. Bangladesh started off badly when they had Habibul Bashar & those geezers in the side, but they became a reasonable side w/ the players I mentioned above. But after a number of them have dropped, Bangladesh are down again

Also, them getting to the knockouts of the last few ICCs isn't that great, given that most of the sides in the world, except probably England, are in transition. As for them winning an Asia Cup, I'll believe it once they start holding their own against Pakistan, which so far seems to be just a 2-3 man batting lineup

Mustafizur does not play tests, he only plays odi and t20i. he only played the WI test this year because bd’s 3 main test pacers were injured (except for khaled i think). Tamim was ruled out of injury this series if not he is regular ODI and Test player for BD. Mortaza retired from tests like a decade ago, and Mahmudullah I think 3-4 years ago.

Thing is all the senior players lost their form. Mushy is horribly out of form and also even retired from T20I lately, Shakib also not in form lately with the bat but since he is too good he somehow adds very valuable contribution. Tamim was doing fine with the bat but ruled out cause of injury.

I hope BD will come back strongly. Tbh I almost lost faith on this team in 2021 , but players like Taskin, Mehidy and Litton showed promises and had even more impactful performances by the seniors lately. They need more players like this.

1251249 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RandomWaliLadki

zakir played very well in this innings

very brave innings from a debutant under pressure

deserved the century but sadly couldnt carry on scoring today

shanto also played well, but middle order screwed up and messed up all the hardwork done by the young openers

Yes his 173 robbed us victory in Bangladesh 20 days ago, During BD A vs India A 4 day test, he batted on day 5 to saved them,

Today his debut 100 came on day 4 salute to him🤳

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Match still happening. Tomorrow last day

Savera84 thumbnail

India's hero late on the fourth day, Axar is renowned more for his lack of turn, but as Sid Monga writes, he produced three wickets with ones that went away on a slow, unhelpful track. And once again, Jaffer points out that Axar's pace makes it difficult for batters when the ball starts to turn.

Nuristani: "I am pretty sure Bangladesh will drag this to 3rd session" --- There we go with the forecasts for the day

Axar Patel speaks ahead of play: "We knew that the third and fourth day will be easier [to bat], since the pitch is getting slower. From a bowler's point of view, I'd like a rank turner! It is a challenging wicket, and we're doing a perfect job. I'll take the new ball first [instead of an old one]!"

In a quick recap of the fourth day's play, it was the debutant Zakir Hasan that defied India with a hundred, even as the visitors inched closer to a win with late wickets last evening. And ESPNcricinfo's expert Wasim Jaffer was as much impressed with the debutant's performance; "He showed great technique and temperament," Jaffer says.

Rafiq Fahim: "Am I the only one who is still dreaming about Bangladesh win?" --- It all begins with a dream, even if this one is quite far-fetched

How long before Shakib, Mehidy and co run out of gas? Or are we in for a miracle today? There is a long, long way to go before Bangladesh can even think of an escape in Chattogram; India, after all, need only four wickets to go 1-0 up in the series, with those to follow in batting order not the most encouraging of tailenders. Welcome to the final day's play of the first Test, as this is Himanshu saying hello, with Hemant to join us soon.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

IND 404 & 258/2 d

BAN 150 & 283/6 (104.3)

CRR: 2.71

Day 5: 1st Session - Bangladesh need 230 runs

Partnership: 45(100)

Last Wkt: Nurul Hasan st Pant b Axar 3(3) - 238/6 in 87.6 ov.

Ovs Left: 87.2

Last 10 overs: 26 runs, 0 wkts

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Siraj to Mehidy Hasan Miraz, out Caught by Umesh Yadav!! In the air and taken! It's a tempter from Siraj. Length ball wide of off, Mehidy Hasan Miraz goes for the cover drive by playing away from his body. He got a boundary against the same bowler earlier but this time he doesn't middle it. Off the outer part of the bat and it's a dolly for Umesh at backward point. Mehidy Hasan Miraz c Umesh Yadav b Siraj 13(48) [4s-3]

IND 404 & 258/2 d

BAN 150 & 290/7 (106.2)

CRR: 2.73

Day 5: 1st Session - Bangladesh need 223 runs

Savera84 thumbnail

India FlagIndia 404 & 258/2d

Bangladesh FlagBangladesh

(106.4 ov, T:513) 150 & 294/7

Day 5 - Session 1: Bangladesh need 219 runs.

Current RR: 2.75

• Min. Ov. Rem: 85.2

• Last 10 ov (RR): 34/1 (3.40)

Savera84 thumbnail

Just 3 wickets left between India and the win.

Savera84 thumbnail

Congratulations to Shakib Al Hasan for his half century.🥳

Cheers..