Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 years ago

IND vs BAN Test Match 1 Highlights | India vs Bangladesh match 1st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD-F-VmfT6I

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Paras Mhambrey, India's bowling coach: Extremely happy, because the conditions weren't that conducive, we had to work hard. The way the bowlers bowled, the areas they bowled, I am very happy. Sometimes it's difficult (to adapt quickly). The practice sessions help, that gives you an idea of the bounce and sometimes the turn. The discussion is all about responsibility. Every individual knows his role in the team and what the team expects out of him. At times you need to be defensive, at times you need to be attacking. (On Kuldeep Yadav) Very encouraging, really need someone like him in the team, adds a different variation. Very happy for him. He's gone through a tough phase, really been through a lot, happy with the way he's turned up for the team.

Savera84 thumbnail

India FlagIndia 404 & 258/2d

Bangladesh FlagBangladesh

(17.2 ov, T:513) 150 & 58/0

Day 4 - Session 1: Bangladesh need 455 runs.

Current RR: 3.34

• Min. Ov. Rem: 84.4

• Last 10 ov (RR): 36/0 (3.60)

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

IND 404 & 258/2 d

BAN 150 & 67/0 (20.4)

CRR: 3.24

Day 4: 1st Session - Bangladesh need 446 runs

Partnership: 67(126)

Ovs Left: 81

Last 10 overs: 37 runs, 0 wkts

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Savera84

Another five-for for Kuldeep, and India are a massive 254 ahead. And India decide to bat again; that became worth the guess when Rahul started sprinting back once the last Bangladesh wicket fell.

Why did India not enforce the follow-on? They had bowled only 56 overs: I'd understand if their fielders had been on the field for 2 whole days or something. This could have been an innings victory had they enforced it

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

IND 404 & 258/2 d

BAN 150 & 79/0 (25.1)

CRR: 3.14

Day 4: 1st Session - Bangladesh need 434 runs

Partnership: 79(154)

Ovs Left: 76.2

Last 10 overs: 26 runs, 0 wkts

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

This is proper Minnow Bangladesh everyone knows and expects. 😆

But its time people stop calling them minnows in ODIs. They aren't contender level yet but they are a top 8 team now. Have been in Knockouts of 2 of last 3 ICC odi events. Beat SA in SA. Other teams take ages to do that.

Sooner or later they will an Asia Cup.

But this team is not as good as the one just preceding it - the one that had Mustafizur, Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah: only Shakib and Mushfiqur Rahim from that side are in this one. Bangladesh started off badly when they had Habibul Bashar & those geezers in the side, but they became a reasonable side w/ the players I mentioned above. But after a number of them have dropped, Bangladesh are down again

Also, them getting to the knockouts of the last few ICCs isn't that great, given that most of the sides in the world, except probably England, are in transition. As for them winning an Asia Cup, I'll believe it once they start holding their own against Pakistan, which so far seems to be just a 2-3 man batting lineup

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

ND 404 & 258/2 d

BAN 150 & 80/0 (27)

CRR: 2.96

Day 4: 1st Session - Bangladesh need 433 runs

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveDaemon

Why did India not enforce the follow-on? They had bowled only 56 overs: I'd understand if their fielders had been on the field for 2 whole days or something. This could have been an innings victory had they enforced it

I guess, since the heroics from Dravid and Laxman 21 years ago at Eden Gardens against Australia, most of the teams are avoiding asking opponents to follow-on.

You are right, there is really no strong reason for not asking BD to follow-on.

Cheers..