AppleOfEye thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: EXOL

oh yes I liked his go jung pyo charcter so much in BOF that I ended up binging so many dramas of him after BOF.. he was my first korean love .. Bof korean version is bit melodramatic and dragged towards the end.. I liked the chinese version story wise but the best one is from Japan.  btw, now I find minho very average.. 🤣..I remember dropping the legend of blue sea after 5 or 6 episodes i think. I found it very similar to “my love from. another star “ which I Had enjoyed more . 

@bold He was maximum Kdrama fangirl's first love!! 😳

@blue Same here 😆

After watching Different dramas & other Oppas, I found him average too 🤪

I watched LOBS before MLFAS. There's actually similarity in these two. I liked both of the dramas

NiniBear thumbnail

Originally posted by: AppleOfEye

Unpopular Opinion 

I actually think Boys over flower, DOTS & Goblin is quite Over-hyped & overrated 🤔

Exactly.... everyone around me recommended and hyped these so much that I gave in and watched DOTS and goblin...didn't like them much. The only thing I liked about these two were the OSTs.

I don't think I'll ever watch Bof. 

AppleOfEye thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: NiniBear

Exactly.... everyone around me recommended and hyped these so much that I gave in and watched DOTS and goblin...didn't like them much. The only thing I liked about these two were the OSTs.

I don't think I'll ever watch Bof. 

Ikr? I started watching these dramas seeing the huge hype for them & became disappointed!

@bold That's the Only good thing about those dramas. Specially I loved Goblin's OSTs ❤️

So After watching I thought people might be hyping those dramas cz of their OST as the story isnt upto that mark 🤪

NiniBear thumbnail

Originally posted by: AppleOfEye

Ikr? I started watching these dramas seeing the huge hype for them & became disappointed!

@bold That's the Only good thing about those dramas. Specially I loved Goblin's OSTs ❤️

So After watching I thought people might be hyping those dramas cz of their OST as the story isnt upto that mark 🤪

You might be onto something.......or we are just in the minorities with different preferences.

Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6

Descendants of the sun, 

My Love from the Star,

It's okay to not to be okay 

I had watched only 1st  2 3 episodes, couldn't continue it. 

I did like some parts of BoF but yes it was way too dramatic mostly 😆 But then it was my 3rd Korean drama so I am a bit biased about it..😛

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Crash Landing on You

My Love from Another Star

Hotel Del Luna

It's Okay, Not to be Okay

Goblin

I loved What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. It was so funny🤣 Its not a masterpiece or anything but I enjoyed it a lot. If anyone is watching Kdrama for the first time, I suggest this to them. Not received a single complaint till now😆

Edited by Daebak - 1 years ago
Bee222 thumbnail

The most overrated drama I watched recently was Because This Is My First Life. It had a lot of hype for being a "perfect drama" with a "mature relationship".

Started off strongly, I had great hopes from the story and the FL and I did think it'd live up to its hype. But it just kept deteriorating, and sometime during the second half it just... completely lost the plot? Esp the FL. I had no idea what was going on anymore and I got a headache trying to understand her mind  Ufff, what a torture.

Other than that, I also think My Love from the Star and It's Okay to Not be Okay are overrated. They're not bad per se, just not worth the hype they have.

I actually loved Goblin! There are scenes I'd still go back and re-watch today, if I was into rewatching 😅

But the most overrated drama of all time is definitely BoF. Idek why it exists, pls someone just take it away 😭

Edited by Bee222 - 1 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

BoF was good for that time period ..It will look cringe now..some dramas dont age well......it was a drama which brought lot of intl fans into kdrama world back in 2010 era..now its defo outdated

Also,  some of the dramas which are very popular among koreans are flop internationally and vice versa..for example Scaret heart ryeo , weightlifting fairy etc dint do well in korea but we intl fans love these shows...same goes with DoTs..it had like 30% rating or so in korea. and was well received in China as well

Edited by EXOL - 1 years ago
Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: EXOL

BoF was good for that time period ..It will look cringe now..some dramas dont age well......it was a drama which brought lot of intl fans into kdrama world back in 2010 era..now its defo outdated

Also,  some of the dramas which are very popular among koreans are flop internationally and vice versa..for example Scaret heart ryeo , weightlifting fairy etc dint do well in korea but we intl fans love these shows...same goes with DoTs..it had like 30% rating or so in korea. and was well received in China as well

That's true... BoF did get a lot of ppl into watching dramas. But today whenever I see newbies being recommended BoF for their first watch, it ends up driving them away 😭 It's a toxic story with nothing remotely enjoyable about it other than good-looking boys  I've actually watched all the versions just so I always have full rights to criticize it 🤣 I'm planning to watch the Thai version too but time hi nahi mil raha  that one seems to have potential 🤞🏼

I think in today's time Sec Kim should be the introductory drama for newbies. It's simple, cute and the leads have chemistry 🔥

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bee222

The most overrated drama I watched recently was Because This Is My First Life. It had a lot of hype for being a "perfect drama" with a "mature relationship".

Started off strongly, I had great hopes from the story and the FL and I did think it'd live up to its hype. But it just kept deteriorating, and sometime during the second half it just... completely lost the plot? Esp the FL. I had no idea what was going on anymore and I got a headache trying to understand her mind  Ufff, what a torture.

Other than that, I also think My Love from the Star and It's Okay to Not be Okay are overrated. They're not bad per se, just not worth the hype they have.

I actually loved Goblin! There are scenes I'd still go back and re-watch today, if I was into rewatching 😅

But the most overrated drama of all time is definitely BoF. Idek why it exists, pls someone just take it away 😭

You didn't like Because this is my first life? 😢I actually loved that drama and it was very different from usual kdramas, plus had a mature love story too 😅 I actually think it's a bit underrated, it doesn't have as much hype around it as other dramas like say BOF, MLFAS, Goblin, and so on.. anyways to each their own 😅

Agree about MLFAS and IOTNBO. I dropped both dramas midway..

Goblin was good .. some scenes were like damn funny..so much that it makes your stomach hurt 🤣🤣 I loved Goblin and Grim Reaper scenes lmao. But the love story part was something I couldn't connect with much. 

I had tried watching BOF.. watched the first epi and the FL made me want to punch her face, hence stopped watching. I actually later watched the original Japanese version.. Hana Yori Dango..and felt it was better. Not a great drama but good for timepass lol. 😄