Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

They should have waited for RRR and KGF to completely go out.

Or maybe actually released it on OTT.

Performances terrific but too many factors for it to not do well.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

See this is exactly what would have happened with Gehraiyan..but they played it smart and released it on OTT..now no one ever talks about verdict and the team called it a success after the first trailer itself..perks of OTT..perfect saving grace from a potential flop

Makers of Jersey went overconfident because of Kabir Singh..so did Shahid..but it has been almost 3 years to that movie, a lot happened and Jersey started looking jaded after so many delays in release. Plus this would have always suffered since this is not a love story like KS with superhit songs..It seemed boring from the word go and audience are not lapping up anything in the name of cricket alone..it needs to be entertaining..

Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

An under 4 cr opening from an actor who charges 30/40 cr per movie is ridiculous 😳.

Even John Abraham’s recent films were huge flops …

A listers should atleast guarantee some kind of opening .. a solid weekend … then the merit of the movie should take over.

This isn’t good news for Bollywood

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: Guinea

An under 4 cr opening from an actor who charges 30/40 cr per movie is ridiculous 😳.

A listers should atleast guarantee some kind of opening .. a solid weekend … then the merit of the movie should take over.

I personally don't watch remakes in the cinema I may watch them on tv instead

It doesn't necessarily reflect on Bollywood

Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: priya185

I personally don't watch remakes in the cinema I may watch them on tv instead

It doesn't necessarily reflect on Bollywood

I don’t mean just this film … but most bollywood films releasing this year .. of supposed A listers , public isn’t accepting them atall . Some of these hero’s charge huge amounts to do these films … but just can’t bring in the audiences to the theatre

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Guinea

It's producer's fault to bend to his demands. No one cares about this Shahid Kapoor. He can't assure a good opening. His career solely surviving on remakes. Even Varun Dhawan has more starpower than this guy, and he is decade junior. Instead of bending to these lallu panjus, bollywood should focus on good storyline which will appeal to masses

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

It's producer's fault to bend to his demands. No one cares about this Shahid Kapoor. He can't assure a good opening. His career solely surviving on remakes. Even Varun Dhawan has more starpower than this guy, and he is decade junior. Instead of bending to these lallu panjus, bollywood should focus on good storyline which will appeal to masses

how is shahid kapoor a lallu panju, he is a talented actor that is a all rounder perfect for Bollywood movies, can act, can dance, can do rom com, masala and comedy. he just has bad choices in scripts and luck, and I hope he makes many more movies..... he has been good in each and every movie since his debut in ishq vishq which is still so watchable in part because of him.
Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: nonam

how is shahid kapoor a lallu panju, he is a talented actor that is a all rounder perfect for Bollywood movies, can act, can dance, can do rom com, masala and comedy. he just has bad choices in scripts and luck, and I hope he makes many more movies..... he has been good in each and every movie since his debut in ishq vishq which is still so watchable in part because of him.

Can he assure a good opening with all those qualities? After so many years in Bollywood? A big no. Still these actors demand huge money. His last movie Kabir Singh was a hit only because that was a remake of hit South movie. No one went to watch because Shahid Kapoor. Whether you agree or not he doesn't have an ounce of star power. He is an okay actor no doubt but the question is star power and he lacks.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Damn. This is a huge dud

Allu Aravind might be running off to South