Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chasa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

With the amount of crap storyline and cringe acting bollywood dishes out, no wonder people prefer south indian movies and hollywood movies. I wouldn’t even watch this movie if someone had paid me. Absolute  worst acting coming from one of the top actresses from the industry . 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

She’s a thoroughly mediocre actress & this accent is super off putting! IDK HOW SHE BECAME AN A LISTER. 😵

by debuting with srk and marrying Virat.  I don't think she would have been remembered for anything if she hadn't married Virat

nonam thumbnail

so tired of these sport story biographies in Bollywood, go back  to the ladka ladki are enemies, fall in love, bichad gaye because of villains, and get back together with 6 songs and shakti Kapoor comedy Bollywood movies.

please kya kiya Netflix waalon ne Bollywood ko barbaad kar diya 

atominis thumbnail

I hate all biographies and biopics. I wonder why Bollywood is obsessed with it.

I did not sit through Sanju either. I mean when I know what Sanjay Dutt's life has been like then why I need to sit through a 3 hour film seeing someone else play him or his dad? 

Most of the actors do not even look or sound like original person and story is also changed to suit a narrative.

Paresh for eg, nowhere looks or sounds like Sunil Dutt in Sanju. Just as PC never looked or sounded like Mary Kom. Vivek and Anupam never looked or sounded like Modi or Manmohan Singh. 

You can see people in real life or their actual speeches, matches, interviews, rallies or read news and books on them so why you need biopics?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I hate all biographies and biopics. I wonder why Bollywood is obsessed with it.

I did not sit through Sanju either. I mean when I know what Sanjay Dutt's life has been like then why I need to sit through a 3 hour film seeing someone else play him or his dad? 

Most of the actors do not even look or sound like original person and story is also changed to suit a narrative.

Paresh for eg, nowhere looks or sounds like Sunil Dutt in Sanju. Just as PC never looked or sounded like Mary Kom. Vivek and Anupam never looked or sounded like Modi or Manmohan Singh. 

You can see people in real life or their actual speeches, matches, interviews, rallies or read news and books on them so why you need biopics?

Because they won't pay decent script writers and deffo don't bother to crack open some of our literature. KJo proudly admitted on SImi's show he hadn't read a book for 6 years (at that time).

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: nonam

by debuting with srk and marrying Virat.  I don't think she would have been remembered for anything if she hadn't married Virat

😆I mean, that was a rhetorical Q but also, many have debuted with SRK including Gayatri Joshi who I quite loved in Swades, but not many remember her. Also, she’ll still be forgotten even though she married cricket’s prince. 😆😆 Unfortunately VK WILL retire some day!! She’s super overbearing to me, like the type who would sit on VK’s head all day long. Anu is just a thoroughly mediocre actress. It pains me to see her “acting.”

atominis thumbnail

Anushka would be nowhere if Khans did not work so much with her and if she was not in relationship with Virat.

She was almost going to be a declining celeb but marriage to Virat raised her stocks higher.

I never understood why SRK, Aamir, Salman all worked with her in not just YRF but non YRF films as well. Or why YRF gave her so much work.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: atominis

Anushka would be nowhere if Khans did not work so much with her and if she was not in relationship with Virat.

She was almost going to be a declining celeb but marriage to Virat raised her stocks higher.

I never understood why SRK, Aamir, Salman all worked with her in not just YRF but non YRF films as well. Or why YRF gave her so much work.

True true. Anu played her cards very well, was amiable, pretty enough to work with the Khans + apparently, Adi C liked her enough to keep pushing her/recommending her. Idk. It clearly worked if this happened, so awesome for her!! 

can’t hear to watch her though. Kajol & she are super annoying to watch onscreen except Kajol actually has talent. 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I get the feeling anushka has the same disease as deepika , Samantha and priyanka…they buy into their own myth …their opinion about themselves is exponentially higher than the reality 

While that works for the “u go girl” gang who will cheer any female with a voice ( no matter what the voice is saying )…when it comes down to crunching the numbers or solid acting chops, they all fall short of the image the sell of themselves 

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago
nonam thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Because they won't pay decent script writers and deffo don't bother to crack open some of our literature. KJo proudly admitted on SImi's show he hadn't read a book for 6 years (at that time).

I like the older kjo movie

the old Bollywood formulaic movies doesn't require Oscar/pulitzer skills