Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Why they didn't hire a Bengali actress instead ðŸ˜µ

Edited by Daechwita - 2 years ago
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: trouble_006

@bold: Exactly, infact they don't even represent the Hindi belt properly (God knows I cringe so hard whenever they represent all the UP-Bihar folks with their definition of a Bhojpuri accent). It's mostly the Punjab-Delhi belt which still gets relatable representation(apart from the usual stereotypes) 

This is an OTT release, could Anushka not find an actress who could do justice? 

Even if we forget how she is a complete misfit in terms of looks, the issue that Anushka still acts like Shruti of BBB. The template is fixed in her case, no matter what her character's name/identity is.

Vidya in DP, looked and acted like Silk Smitha, that's how a biopic is supposed to be. 

Same with Kangu as Datto in TWMR, she didn't just look the part. She got the Haryanvi accent and behaviour right to the T. 

Deepu and now Anushka on the other hand *sighs*

They even misrepresent people from the state they’re in, Maharashtra.😆

These people can only represent the snobby elites in their ivory towers correctly. That’s all they know and care about.

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: atominis

Bollywood is caricaturish and crap in showing Punjabis as well. The way they speak Punjabi is laboured and often peppered with Hindi.

They show same rural areas or huge mansions or own lands which is not how every Punjabi lives. Not everyone has their own haveli, lands and fields in Punjab as Bollywood shows. 

Nor does everyone break into bhangra at drop of a hat. 

I agree with you on portrayal of Hindi belt as well. I sometimes felt UP and Bihar characters were stereotyped as just rustic, prone to crime villagers. And Bollywood never got difference in style of speaking in Bihar and UP. Biharis and UPites speak differently. 

You know what, I stand corrected. Even the Punjabis are hugely stereotyped by BW. They have stuck to a trope where the Punjabis have to be loud, always drinking and owning Sarso ke khets/or something along those lines. Man, wonder if there's any ethnicity BW doesn't stereotype ðŸ˜”.

@bold : Yup, BW doesn't even know that not all of UP-Bihar speak Bhojpuri (or whatever BW's version of Bhojpuri is). There's Maithili, Maghi, Awadhi etc. Par itni research inse kaha hogi. 

And the worst is when their horrible attempt at the accent is applauded just coz BW doesn't know better. Alia in Udta Punjab and Hrithik in Super 30 were so ðŸ¤¢

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mishh007

They even misrepresent people from the state they’re in, Maharashtra.😆

These people can only represent the snobby elites in their ivory towers correctly. That’s all they know and care about.

Bang on. Par usme bhi cringe daal dete hain (or maybe that's how they behave ðŸ˜†). Have you seen the texts on the posters of that new Deepu movie? Straight out of a teen fanfic ðŸ˜†

atominis thumbnail

I think Bollywood worsened in last 25 years in terms of representation.

Probably because earlier filmmakers and actors were actually from small towns and villages but now there are star brats raised in SoBo who know nothing about India.

Today's star directors and kids do not even speak Hindi properly. Nor English correctly.

It is impossible they will speak Bengali well. 

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Wait. This was supposed to be bengali accent? I thought Haryanvi.

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Gul_9

Wait. This was supposed to be bengali accent? I thought Haryanvi.

Same here😆

But I am looking forward to this film. I think it can work well for Anushka. I mean the comments on yt for her comeback is quite positive.

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I actually like Anushka. She's not exactly versatile though and I wish she'd know that. When she plays to her strengths, I think she does excellent. But for the last few years she's been very miss about the stuff she picks up. This is a prime example of her doing something that's way beyond her limits. She's terribly miscast. I appreciate her trying but girl, know your strengths and limits and play to them!

NotAMuggle thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I am a Bengali & her "Kintu Cheentaa Kaaaro Na" is feeling like an assault to my poor ears 

I am too traumatized to comment on rest of the aspects

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Anushka can only play bubbly North Indian girl roles. She is so overrated it's laughable.