Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Yes..completely agree..

Although all dramas aren't good , all aren't that bad either..we have to pick and choose.

Overall yes , there has been a shift in story telling . It's all money related...when they get the trps and views they want to milk it as long as possible . Hence the repeated flashbacks and mindless dragging . Like kam3 could have better if it was wrapped up in 25 epis but ek toh aise hi bakwas tha upar se millions of views ..its setting a wrong precedent..ppl will forget that content is also Important and bring more such shows , which gets them trps.

I think what they are trying to do is mix Indian shows concept with their own ..so they r neither here nor there right now..they will find a Middle ground hopefully..they do a pathetic job with gray characters..dikhana bhi hai unko phir morality kicks in..and in the end they just die or shifted to asylum. There r cliche elements in all the shows...class difference..forced marriages..no falling in love..the father or mother always dies.. although they r doing better with the role of women , mostly they r vamps or suffering types.

some of the stories r still heart touching, and told with sensitivity..like parizad..there r some shows who only depend on star power like kam3 ..there r some which r totally mindless n depend on star power.. like ishq hai. Then there r good shows like ishq jalebi and chupke chupke ..

meimo12 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I am not a fan of dragged shows either like they could skip some flashback scenes but I don’t mind the 60-70 episodes range. Anything under 100 is fine cuz the story doesn’t just end rapidly. Things aren’t rushed. I particularly feel with 30 episodes sometimes episodes are super rushed and you can’t find that connection maybe that’s just me.

But yea if you are looking for recommendations then mohabbat maine chor di is a good show with great performance albeit a bit strong. I don’t mind Banno either but it’s heavy and way too much crying so if you can handle that i think it has chances of a cute love story 🤞🏼

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

I know quality of content of majority of the dramas are the same old and geo dramas and even ary these days look like reincarnation of Indian soaps, but still you will find some hidden gems that are worth watching. Some of the notable dramas from the last couple of years:

Parizaad

Raqeeb se

Dil na umeed to nahi

Alif

Ehed e wafa

Yeh dil mera

Mushk

Raq se bismil

Lapata

Ishq Jalebi

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for this discussion, because even I was wondering how come suddenly there are 40 episodes valle shows. I do hope this doesn’t become a permanent thing. In fact if anything the worldwide trend is shorter shows and longer gaps between seasons, Pakistani dramas were actually best capable of taking advantage of this trend on OTT platforms. Pata nahi why they are going the other way. And my god, some of the shows concepts are so regressive 🤦🏽‍♀️ The whole point of watching them instead of indian ones is lost.

But thankfully as someone has pointed out the production values, acting and writing is still fantastic. Also as someone els pointed out, I stick to Hum TV, I will watch anything that is written by Umera Ahmed, Faiza Iftikaar and Farhat Ishtiaq. One thing that will always set Pak dramas apart are its writers - ismei koi shaq nahi, pak writers are celebrated, writer ki ehsiyat is up there with the director, quality ki pehchaan hoti hai. Used to watchKhalil Qamar too until his disgusting behavior on Tv - I hope that horrible man never gets another chance to write on TV

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: columbia

Thanks for this discussion, because even I was wondering how come suddenly there are 40 episodes valle shows. I do hope this doesn’t become a permanent thing. In fact if anything the worldwide trend is shorter shows and longer gaps between seasons, Pakistani dramas were actually best capable of taking advantage of this trend on OTT platforms. Pata nahi why they are going the other way. And my god, some of the shows concepts are so regressive 🤦🏽‍♀️ The whole point of watching them instead of indian ones is lost.

But thankfully as someone has pointed out the production values, acting and writing is still fantastic. Also as someone els pointed out, I stick to Hum TV, I will watch anything that is written by Umera Ahmed, Faiza Iftikaar and Farhat Ishtiaq. One thing that will always set Pak dramas apart are its writers - ismei koi shaq nahi, pak writers are celebrated, writer ki ehsiyat is up there with the director, quality ki pehchaan hoti hai. Used to watchKhalil Qamar too until his disgusting behavior on Tv - I hope that horrible man never gets another chance to write on TV

Hum tv is on fire now a days

Plz watch Parizaad .....ishq e laa......

From ARY sinf e Ahan is excellent