Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 days ago

I am not surprised  with KTKM views/trps.  Fahad might be one of the biggest stars but honestly the current generation doesn’t care  about him. 

It's a very good start for KMKT if they sustain it. Being on #1 or #2 on TRP charts for the first week is an achievement in itself. 

Even BRKRJ opened big but couldn't sustain it. Some shows show growth organically. Radd showed that. IM also had a slow start with 5.2 TRP & by 5th or 6th episode it took over Mein in both TRP & views for the first time. 

No doubt Mein was a commercially hit show but I wouldn't write off KMKT when it has started so well. 

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rashi23

https://x.com/JitaJita2/status/1689200375570837504?t=obGwq0BlyfqcBtrBqFKCEg&s=19

Mein had the highest first episode rating with a trp of 11.5.

Fahad and hania comeback couldn't manage to beat wahaj and ayeza's show rating.

Let's see how it fares further. Mein had consistently performed well with trps ranging between 8 and 13 trps.

Here is a list of e1 TRPs of major 8 pm shows from end 2022 that I kept record of.

Mein e1 TRP was 10.7 (ARY poster is reporting TRP w/o ads when the standard is to use TRP with ads)

A double digit e1 TRP is uncommon. Only Mein and BRKRJ got them since last 1.5 years.

My personal ranking of the opening episode TRP of 8 pm shows on Geo, Hum, ARY is:

e1 TRP of >9: Excellent opening

e1 TRP of >7  and <=9: Solid opening/ Above average opening

e1 TRP of >=5 and <=7: Average opening

e1 TRP od <5: Not good opening

This is a rough gauge of course. Things like star power, budget, director & writer, genre, timeslot will affect the perception of over and underperformance. An excellent opening does not mean the show will be a hit (and vice versa), but it does make things easier.

1. Burns Road Ke Romeo Juliet 11.0 (average)
  2. Mein 10.7
  3. Tere Bin 9.9
  4. Jaan-e-Jahan 9.5
  5. Shiddat 9.3 (average)
  6. Kabhi Main Kabhi Tum* (unadjusted 9.3; waiting for adjusted so its rank may shift)
  7. Jhoom 9.2
  8. Kuch Ankahi 9.0 &&& Ehram-e-Junoon 9.0 
  9. Jaise Aapki Marzi 8.2
  10. Mujhe Pyaar Hua Tha 7.9
  11. Khaie 7.8 &&& Jaan Se Pyara Juni 7.8
  12. Yunhi 7.7
  13. Sar-e-Rah 6.7 &&& Sukoon 6.7 &&& Jurm 6.7
  14. Mannat Murad 6.5
  15. Jafaa 6.4
  16. Noor Jahan 6.3
  17. Zard Patton Ka Bunn 6.2
  18. Fairy Tale 2 5.9
  19. Radd 5.8
  20. Ishq Murshid 5.2 &&& Tere Ishk Ke Naam 5.2 &&& Muhabbat Gumshuda Meri 5.2
  21. Jaan Nisar 5.1
  22. Namak Haram 5.0 & Jannat Se Aagay 5.0
  23. Rah-e-Junoon 4.9
  24. Khumar 4.8 & Zulm 4.8

*Edited to add Radd, Jafaa, Noor Jahan

Edited by hypnotoad - a day ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Danish Taimoor

So all time highest first episode opening record remains with Daneza. smiley36IMG_8870.jpeg

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

So then it’s settled .. star power 

- Hamza Sohail > Wahaj Alia > Hamza Abbasi > Fahad Mustafa 

- Iqra Aziz > Ayeza Khan > Ayeza Khan > Hania Aamir smiley37

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

So then it’s settled .. star power 

- Hamza Sohail > Wahaj Alia > Hamza Abbasi > Fahad Mustafa 

- Iqra Aziz > Ayeza Khan > Ayeza Khan > Hania Aamir smiley37

Sorry Mizz Max but your sarcasm doesn't land as your Math is not Mathing at all/

You have to take the average of all their shows in recent years at least to determine star power. 

MM opened with only 6.5 trp so Iqra's average is lower than Ayeza's.

Wahaj had high opening with Mein and TB but Jurm and MPHT had lower openings. So his average is behind both Hamza Abaasi and Fahad Mustafa.

Hamza Sohail's average is also pulled down coz of trps of FT1, FT2 and ZPKB. 

Try again with a calculator this time. 

Edited by hypnotoad - 2 days ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

Posted: a day ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Sorry Mizz Max but your sarcasm doesn't land as your Math is not Mathing at all/

You have to take the average of all their shows in recent years at least to determine star power. 

MM opened with only 6.5 trp so Iqra's average is lower than Ayeza's.

Wahaj had high opening with Mein and TB but Jurm and MPHT had lower openings. So his average is behind both Hamza Abaasi and Fahad Mustafa.

Hamza Sohail's average is also pulled down coz of trps of FT1, FT2 and ZPKB. 

Try again with a calculator this time. 

i love your analysis Hypno..totally agree with you..plebes like me like to keep it simple..but devil is in the details..so you go girl smiley40 
anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Legendary Lovers

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I am not surprised  with KTKM views/trps.  Fahad might be one of the biggest stars but honestly the current generation doesn’t care  about him. 

I'm a gen z and i saw his dramas on my childhood 

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

1st episode TRP of KTKM is very good. YouTube views may or may not improve, as it is not easy to get high YouTube views when TRP is already very high, as it looks like most of Hania and Fahad fans are watching it on TV.

Edited by Hatimoon - a day ago
Rashi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Here is a list of e1 TRPs of major 8 pm shows from end 2022 that I kept record of.

Mein e1 TRP was 10.7 (ARY poster is reporting TRP w/o ads when the standard is to use TRP with ads)

A double digit e1 TRP is uncommon. Only Mein and BRKRJ got them since last 1.5 years.

My personal ranking of the opening episode TRP of 8 pm shows on Geo, Hum, ARY is:

e1 TRP of >9: Excellent opening

e1 TRP of >7  and <=9: Solid opening/ Above average opening

e1 TRP of >=5 and <=7: Average opening

e1 TRP od <5: Not good opening

This is a rough gauge of course. Things like star power, budget, director & writer, genre, timeslot will affect the perception of over and underperformance. An excellent opening does not mean the show will be a hit (and vice versa), but it does make things easier.

1. Burns Road Ke Romeo Juliet 11.0 (average)
  2. Mein 10.7
  3. Tere Bin 9.9
  4. Jaan-e-Jahan 9.5
  5. Shiddat 9.3 (average)
  6. Kabhi Main Kabhi Tum* (unadjusted 9.3; waiting for adjusted so its rank may shift)
  7. Jhoom 9.2
  8. Kuch Ankahi 9.0 &&& Ehram-e-Junoon 9.0 
  9. Jaise Aapki Marzi 8.2
  10. Mujhe Pyaar Hua Tha 7.9
  11. Khaie 7.8 &&& Jaan Se Pyara Juni 7.8
  12. Yunhi 7.7
  13. Sar-e-Rah 6.7 &&& Sukoon 6.7 &&& Jurm 6.7
  14. Mannat Murad 6.5
  15. Zard Patton Ka Bunn 6.2
  16. Fairy Tale 2 5.9
  17. Ishq Murshid 5.2 &&& Tere Ishk Ke Naam 5.2 &&& Muhabbat Gumshuda Meri 5.2
  18. Jaan Nisar 5.1
  19. Namak Haram 5.0 & Jannat Se Aagay 5.0
  20. Rah-e-Junoon 4.9
  21. Khumar 4.8 & Zulm 4.8

11.5 or 10.7 don't care as it got double digit opening which was the highest that year. And its opening trps exceeded people's expectations.

Sure kmkt also opened well. But I anticipated a trp above 10 and close to 12 for superstar fahads comeback.

Anyways burns got high rating because it replaced mein which was getting double digit trps for last few episodes, also mein was consistent and even hit a high number of 14 trp but burns couldn’t keep the momemtum and crashed. So lets see in which category kmkt will fall in coming days.