Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I really, really like Amrita (still do) but there was nothing special about her.

Looks wise she is pretty, but in a girl next doorsy way. She had 0 sex appeal or glamor in her. Maybe if she worked in serials she would have done better, but she is not cut out for Bollywood where we are obsessed with hot bodies or glamorous faces.

As for acting, sure she was better than the Katrinas etc, but again not extraordinarily great. She was very good in Ishq Vishq, but just OK in everything else I've seen her in.

During her time, we had actresses like Rani, Preity, Ash, Kareena, Bipasha, Vidya etc battling to get on top -- no chance in hell that Amrita would would survive alongside them. Maybe if she debuted a bit later (like during the Kat-Sonam-Deepika era) she would have survived as we have a dearth of good actresses today. But in her time, when we had powerhouse actresses like Rani, Vidya etc working, or glamorous ones like Katrina Kareena PC etc working, Amrita seemed pretty pale.

More than anything else, she had zero connection, no family lineage, and mostly no ambitious. I doubt she took acting seriously. In fact I think she was quite lucky, did many hit movies, was quite famous and made decent money when she needed. Now happily retired.