Alia Bhatt is more problematic than Sonam Kapoor!

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Sonam is dumb and entitled, but I think she's harmless on the whole. She hasn't made a career of snatching roles from her contemporaries. The stardom( or lack of it) is organic. 

Compare this to Alia Bhatt, who is the biggest beneficiary of nepotism. Her entire career has been curated from scratch and her stardom manufactured. It's not organic. I really don't think she was the first choice for either Highway or Dear Zindagi, 2 movies which supposedly proved she can carry off female-centric films.

Her entire career has been predicated on snatching roles from others who are prettier and equally or more talented, people who didn't have access to the same privileges as she had. Her stardom has been manufactured by the godfather of the industry himself. 

Alia has taken nepotism to a whole new level.

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Considering what Iā€™m read in the Chat rooms it seems Rhea Chakraborty was the most problematic šŸ¤” šŸ˜†

How many more threads are going to be opened to get Alia bashed....people are literally saying the same thing over and over again.....this is like the 76534th thread.šŸ˜³

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Sonam is dumb and entitled, but I think she's harmless on the whole. She hasn't made a career of snatching roles from her contemporaries. The stardom( or lack of it) is organic. 

Compare this to Alia Bhatt, who is the biggest beneficiary of nepotism. Her entire career has been curated from scratch and her stardom manufactured. It's not organic. I really don't think she was the first choice for either Highway or Dear Zindagi, 2 movies which supposedly proved she can carry off female-centric films.

Her entire career has been predicated on snatching roles from others who are prettier and equally or more talented, people who didn't have access to the same privileges as she had. Her stardom has been manufactured by the godfather of the industry himself. 

Alia has taken nepotism to a whole new level.

Discuss.

I do think this is a time to revisit this debate with the nepotism question being opened in all. I think even if the movies were manufactored that is an unfair product of nepotism on its own. But the thing is people praise her to skies. If they praised he the amount that she deserved it would be another thing. Look how good of an actress Kokona Sen Sharma was. Or Manisha Koirala ? Despite being acknowledged for their talent (Alia isn't even at their level). They were never referred to as the Merly Streep of their times. Or they never had the honor of having Shabana Azmi comparing their performances to her own in Arth. In Highway and Dear Zindagi she was good for a newcomer. Give her the amount of praise she deserves.

In one of the current debates Shekhar Kapoor explains exactly how Gully Boy got the Oscar nomination. Shabana Azmi was once again on the jury. She is like the stepmother of Farhan and Zoya. He explained how many in the jury felt there were many other deserving films this Chichore included (NOT Kabir Sing. It wasn't a good movie period. I hope people don't digress the topic to whole another perspective by bringing that dumb film up.) Point being did Gully Boy have to sweep all the awards?? Ever since she has entered the industry she has one awards for HSKD, Highway, Udta Punjab, Dear Zindagi, Badri ki Dulhania, 2 states, Raazi among others. With this year Kalank not working. They wanted to hype her up with Gully Boy being the film of the year. Was it going to kill her to step aside and let someone else have the limelight for once? She couldn't have made a comeback next year? 

It goes way beyond just getting good script after good script on a platter. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 4 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

That being said Alia is more talented in than Sonam. Sonam's success/failure is more organic. But she continue to get good films like that Sooraj Bharjatya film and Neerja due to daddy. If she was an outsider she wouldn't get so many chances. So if people had to chose they would chose the somewhat more talented actress that is good at not acting entitled.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

I do think this is a time to revisit this debate with the nepotism question being opened in all. I think even if the movies were manufactored that is an unfair product of nepotism on its own. But the thing is people praise her to skies. If they praised he the amount that she deserved it would be another thing. Look how good of an actress Kokona Sen Sharma was. Or Manisha Koirala ? Despite being acknowledged for their talent (Alia isn't even at their level). They were never referred to as the Merly Streep of their times. Or they never had the honor of having Shabana Azmi comparing their performances to her own in Arth. In Highway and Dear Zindagi she was good for a newcomer. Give her the amount of praise she deserves.

In one of the current debates Shekhar Kapoor explains exactly how Gully Boy got the Oscar nomination. Shabana Azmi was once again on the jury. She is like the stepmother of Farhan and Zoya. He explained how many in the jury felt there were many other deserving films this Chichore included (NOT Kabir Sing. It wasn't a good movie period. I hope people don't digress the topic to whole another perspective by bringing that dumb film up.) Point being did Gully Boy have to sweep all the awards?? Ever since she has entered the industry she has one awards for HSKD, Highway, Udta Punjab, Dear Zindagi, Badri ki Dulhania, 2 states among others. With this year Kalank not working. They wanted to hype her up with Gully Boy being the film of the year. Was it going to kill her to step aside and let someone else have the limelight for once? She couldn't have made a comeback next year? 

It goes way beyond just getting good script after good script on a platter. 

GullyBoy wasn't even as good a film as Chhichhore, IMO. Ranveer winning for Gully Boy was OK, but the rest of the awards were unfair.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

That being said Alia is more talented in than Sonam. Sonam's success/failure is more organic. But she continue to get good films like that Sooraj Bharjatya film and Neerja due to daddy. If she was an outsider she wouldn't get so many chances. So if people had to chose they would chose the somewhat more talented actress that is good at not acting entitled.

But wasn't she the first choice for Neerja? The director wanted to cast her only as she somewhat resembles the real Neerja, that's what I read.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

But wasn't she the first choice for Neerja? The director wanted to cast her only as she somewhat resembles the real Neerja, that's what I read.

Yeah but if she was an outsider would she still be getting chances ? After atrocious performance after atrocious performance? 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

GullyBoy wasn't even as good a film as Chhichhore, IMO. Ranveer winning for Gully Boy was OK, but the rest of the awards were unfair.

I don't know why it so hyped up to be a bigger success than it was. There were better films. Chichore was def the better movie. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

How is Ranveer winning okay? Was he unanimously proven to be better than Shahid in Kabir Singh or AB Sr in Badla or Hrithik in Super30 or Ayushmann in Dream girl or Sushant in Sonchiraiya?

I don't see Ranveer getting any best actor award in public forums and public polls, it is Shahid who won majority of these, and than were Hrithik and Ayushmann. Ranveer hardly had any public approval for his role, people can change the narrative as much as they want but Alia, Siddhant and Vijay Verma/Vijay Raaz were more talked about them post the movie releases.

Yes the so called critics, were like since KS was a misogynist movie, Shahid should be banned from discussion.

Ranveer was good, and while I think Shahid should have won, but still I don't have any issue with him winning, but let's not make it like, if we are talking about fairness, than his win was fair, when there were performances which were better.

Edited by RegressiveThug - 4 years ago