Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: sharaban

Yes he and Raveena had a serious affair, they even had an official engagement. 

I didn't heard about Manisha's fights with sridevi and Rekha..  seems like I missed on these. 

What I read was she usually used to miffed with her contemporaries like Karishma etc.... Manisha Raveena and Pooja Bhatt were famous in 90sBollywood as a trio... they had a good bond and used to hang around with each other... 

oh yeah I agree, there was a certain unease in Manisha beneath all that soft beauty... Manisha once said that she sometimes zoone out even while driving and hardly saved herself once from a major accident... seems like some inherited personality traits... she was a good actress nonetheless.. 

Anil Kapoor was the real performer of his time, a method actor just like Aamir.. Jackie got a great personality and was a popular leading hero of his time from early 80s till mid 90s.  Sunjay dutt was kind of wooden and a limited actor, but he nailed those roles which suited him like Naam, Sadak, Saajan and Khal Nayak. and also Munnaa bhai. 

Creative people are different then the usual ones, sometime sits hard to understand their intent. 

I always felt Twinkle and Raveena had a bit of resemblance. I wonder if Akshay ultimately marrying Twinkle also had to do with the fact that she had a flop film career whereas Raveena was still at least popular. I don't know if he's the type who preferred a wife/partner whose career couldn't possibly threaten his and wouldn't act. Maybe he didn't want a wife who was acting.

I'm not sure what Manisha's issues with those actresses were but it's been reported that she criticized Rekha for something. But women seem to be on good terms now praising each other and attending each other's events. I know Manisha and Aishwarya had a major feud as well where one accused the other of stealing a boyfriend and Aish basically sl*t-shamed Manisha. This video also confirms that Manisha, Raveena, and Pooja were good friends and that she had a problem with Karishma as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4miC19_hE

Oh wow, I've heard stories of people who zone out while driving. One girl told me she had no memory of driving from work to home, all she remembered is suddenly being home. Very dangerous. But I agree Manisha was a good actress overall and it's a shame she only does mother roles now in mainstream cinema films.

Anil Kapoor has definitely had a major comeback too, even if he's mostly taking supporting roles now like in Fighter and Animal. His Fanney Khan didn't do well. I know people said on here that he was doing less work in order to not clash with Sonam's career but when her films started to fizzle out and she more or less left the acting business, that's when he came back to Bollywood. I'm not a huge Jackie fan but that may also be because of his son Tiger lol who I think is one of the most useless actors ever.

Agreed.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Double Post. 

Edited by sharaban - 3 months ago
sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I always felt Twinkle and Raveena had a bit of resemblance. I wonder if Akshay ultimately marrying Twinkle also had to do with the fact that she had a flop film career whereas Raveena was still at least popular. I don't know if he's the type who preferred a wife/partner whose career couldn't possibly threaten his and wouldn't act. Maybe he didn't want a wife who was acting.

I'm not sure what Manisha's issues with those actresses were but it's been reported that she criticized Rekha for something. But women seem to be on good terms now praising each other and attending each other's events. I know Manisha and Aishwarya had a major feud as well where one accused the other of stealing a boyfriend and Aish basically sl*t-shamed Manisha. This video also confirms that Manisha, Raveena, and Pooja were good friends and that she had a problem with Karishma as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4miC19_hE

Oh wow, I've heard stories of people who zone out while driving. One girl told me she had no memory of driving from work to home, all she remembered is suddenly being home. Very dangerous. But I agree Manisha was a good actress overall and it's a shame she only does mother roles now in mainstream cinema films.

Anil Kapoor has definitely had a major comeback too, even if he's mostly taking supporting roles now like in Fighter and Animal. His Fanney Khan didn't do well. I know people said on here that he was doing less work in order to not clash with Sonam's career but when her films started to fizzle out and she more or less left the acting business, that's when he came back to Bollywood. I'm not a huge Jackie fan but that may also be because of his son Tiger lol who I think is one of the most useless actors ever.

Agreed.

Twinkle and Raveena always had a lot of resemblance, many people says this as well, although Raveena had that stressed out facial expressions while Twinkle had those Lallu lost expressions.. lol 

Akshay was kind of conservative, he put the condition on both Raveena and Twinkle to stop working in films after marriage, Raveena left the industry after her engagement for two years at her peak time in 1994 and wasted her two most important years which could have dramatically changed the course of her career and popularity, she was only behind Madhuri in 1994 at rank number 02 in popularity when she did this famous career suicide due to Akshay. 

Manisha Raveena and Pooja as I mentioned were always reported as a friends-trio in magazines, they were very promising as well in the early 90s as been upcoming top stars, but their careless attitude, bad career choices and personal issues surprisingly lead all this trio of 3 friends into not so favorable conditions career wise, else they were always taught by then media to be more promising then Karishma and kajol... but the later 2 concentrated more on their careers and went ahead in ranking then these 3 in the later part of the decade from mid to late 90s. 

Anil I guess passed his prime already and was doing supporting roles when Sonam arrived in 2007 anyways, he is doing good for his age. 

Yes Tiger is mechanical, mouths his dialogues like a robot and is kind of unattractive despite having a great body and face, don't know why. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Twinkle and Raveena always had a lot of resemblance, many people says this as well, although Raveena had that stressed out facial expressions while Twinkle had those Lallu lost expressions.. lol 

Akshay was kind of conservative, he put the condition on both Raveena and Twinkle to stop working in films after marriage, Raveena left the industry after her engagement for two years at her peak time in 1994 and wasted her two most important years which could have dramatically changed the course of her career and popularity, she was only behind Madhuri in 1994 at rank number 02 in popularity when she did this famous career suicide due to Akshay. 

Manisha Raveena and Pooja as I mentioned were always reported as a friends-trio in magazines, they were very promising as well in the early 90s as been upcoming top stars, but their careless attitude, bad career choices and personal issues surprisingly lead all this trio of 3 friends into not so favorable conditions career wise, else they were always taught by then media to be more promising then Karishma and kajol... but the later 2 concentrated more on their careers and went ahead in ranking then these 3 in the later part of the decade from mid to late 90s. 

Anil I guess passed his prime already and was doing supporting roles when Sonam arrived in 2007 anyways, he is doing good for his age. 

Yes Tiger is mechanical, mouths his dialogues like a robot and is kind of unattractive despite having a great body and face, don't know why. 

Lol. Twinkle's performances can be a hoot to watch. I've seen very little of Raveena but the films I've seen with her usually have her in a supporting role to a powerhouse actress like Sridevi and Rekha so she looks really bad in comparison to them.

Poor Raveena. I didn't realize she took a 2-year gap and that would have been a very significant time because it was right before Kajol and Karishma became big stars. Those 2 years could have been crucial for Raveena. I wonder if Twinkle was also fine with this marriage because her own career had flopped and she wasn't able to make it as an actress so an arrangement where she couldn't work was more or less inevitable since I doubt she would have been getting many major offers anyway.

It seems like these 3 friends all had their fates intertwined then. Funny too considering how in the 90s, actresses were rarely friends and mostly pushed against each other. I know Madhuri did not get along with Juhi or Sridevi, her two biggest rivals. Similarly Juhi refused to play supporting to Madhuri in Dil To Pagal Hai and quit the film after she felt disparaged. Karishma had major problems with Aishwarya stealing her thunder when she debuted and Kajol and Rani never got along during that time. Rani was the only actress, out of dozens who were asked, who was willing to play the risky role of getting in between SRK and Kajol.

Anil looked much better than Hrithik in Fighter imo. Much younger and more fresh. In the movie, the obvious storyline was that Hrithik's lost love was Anil's daughter but it didn't surprise me that it turned out she was his sister instead. 

I agree with you about Tiger that despite his body, he just looks very unattractive to me. Very plasticky as well.

sharaban thumbnail

Lol. Twinkle's performances can be a hoot to watch. I've seen very little of Raveena but the films I've seen with her usually have her in a supporting role to a powerhouse actress like Sridevi and Rekha so she looks really bad in comparison to them.

Poor Raveena. I didn't realize she took a 2-year gap and that would have been a very significant time because it was right before Kajol and Karishma became big stars. Those 2 years could have been crucial for Raveena. I wonder if Twinkle was also fine with this marriage because her own career had flopped and she wasn't able to make it as an actress so an arrangement where she couldn't work was more or less inevitable since I doubt she would have been getting many major offers anyway.

It seems like these 3 friends all had their fates intertwined then. Funny too considering how in the 90s, actresses were rarely friends and mostly pushed against each other. I know Madhuri did not get along with Juhi or Sridevi, her two biggest rivals. Similarly Juhi refused to play supporting to Madhuri in Dil To Pagal Hai and quit the film after she felt disparaged. Karishma had major problems with Aishwarya stealing her thunder when she debuted and Kajol and Rani never got along during that time. Rani was the only actress, out of dozens who were asked, who was willing to play the risky role of getting in between SRK and Kajol.

Anil looked much better than Hrithik in Fighter imo. Much younger and more fresh. In the movie, the obvious storyline was that Hrithik's lost love was Anil's daughter but it didn't surprise me that it turned out she was his sister instead. 

I agree with you about Tiger that despite his body, he just looks very unattractive to me. Very plasticky as well.

Raveena was pretty good in few films with author back roles like sattar, Daman and shool and also in comedies like Andaaz apna apna.  

Yeah 90s actresses were famous for their cat fights.

Ecen Raveena mabisha and Pooja grew out of their friendship bond in the later part of the decade. 

Not watched fighter, but Anil is really good for his age, so is Sunny.. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Raveena was pretty good in few films with author back roles like sattar, Daman and shool and also in comedies like Andaaz apna apna.  

Yeah 90s actresses were famous for their cat fights.

Ecen Raveena mabisha and Pooja grew out of their friendship bond in the later part of the decade. 

Not watched fighter, but Anil is really good for his age, so is Sunny.. 

I liked her very much in Andaaz Apna Apna. That film did more justice to her since she wasn't acting alongside any veterans. And against Rekha and Sridevi, most will look quite boring in comparison. There are very few who can keep up with them although Karishma was able to do so in Zubeidaa and Urmila in Judaai.

Oh that's sad that they grew out of their friendship. I suppose it happens especially when everyone goes on different paths and they're not as active in the industry.

Yes, Anil's real age shocked me. I didn't realize he was that old because he doesn't look the part at all. Sunny too looks shockingly young for his age. I think he actually looks younger than Bobby now. I know all that body building and fitness can age the face (you can see that on Hrithik) and it's showing on Bobby.

sharaban thumbnail

I liked her very much in Andaaz Apna Apna. That film did more justice to her since she wasn't acting alongside any veterans. And against Rekha and Sridevi, most will look quite boring in comparison. There are very few who can keep up with them although Karishma was able to do so in Zubeidaa and Urmila in Judaai.

Oh that's sad that they grew out of their friendship. I suppose it happens especially when everyone goes on different paths and they're not as active in the industry.

Yes, Anil's real age shocked me. I didn't realize he was that old because he doesn't look the part at all. Sunny too looks shockingly young for his age. I think he actually looks younger than Bobby now. I know all that body building and fitness can age the face (you can see that on Hrithik) and it's showing on Bobby.

Raveena though not some great performer in totality, but had her own unique charm and charisma on screen... I especially enjoyed watching her from 1991 till 1996 when she didn't lost so much weight, was kinda bit bulky with those aligned beautiful teeth, button nose and those heavy fizzy long thick layered hair.. she was very attractive to look at on screen. 

The famous friends trio of Manisha Raveena and Pooja of 90s were not usual girls... psychologically... all 3 of them had some issues which they described as well on record. 

Pooja stated she and her whole family is OCD. 

Manisha said she zoon out somewhere in another dimension, even her colleagues stated that she is not 100% normal and seems not there with them sometimes, mentally...  Raveena also said her self that she is somehow eccentric and that she is thankful to get such a good husband to understand and keep up with her eccentricities. 

All these 3 taught to be the next big things, were much more promising then Kajol and Karishma, started their careers with a bang with super hits from early to mid 90s, and surprisingly all 3 of them lost the steam till mid 90s and then those who were behind them in popularity till mid 90s like Karishma and Kajol went ahead in popularity... all 3 of them ended up the same way career wise, more or less. 

I guess these psychological and emotional traits also somehow bonded these 3.

They were very good buddies in their younger days, but I guess parted ways  due to different priorities and grew out of their zones. 

Manisha had her own fights and illness, Raveena got married and Pooja Bhatt was always told to be reclusive. 

Few actresses of 90a stated that they feel bad for Pooja and her loneliness and wanted to reconnect with her, but she prefers to spend time and live alone in her farm house and home, and with time she became more distant with her colleagues and prefer to stay alone.

Body building somehow strains the face and facial muscles.