Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Yes, it's a problem film, but not problematic...and certainly not toxic.

These labels can be given to any film by anyone if they choose to do so. It seems here the OP wants to know why Tere Naam gets some leeway from people as oppose to some others. My think is does it matter ? smiley36

17 pages, hadh hai desperation ki to get Salman bash smiley36

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

17 pages, hadh hai desperation ki to get Salman bash smiley36

I think it is. Why is OP obsessed w what rest of world thinks about TN smiley36

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I think it is. Why is OP obsessed w what rest of world thinks about TN smiley36

That's a lie. 

I am. only obsessed with you Maroon 😍

😂 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sharaban

Well not Raveena as she was a league higher but Shilpa, twinkle and Mamta kulkarni. 

Manisha was an A lister, but could not sustained for longer, her peak was in 1996. She had the charm innocence and depth in acting like yesteryear actresses. 

Yes Tabu was in Border, also yesteryear actress Rakhi's daughter who was a newbie. 

Pooja Bhatt started with a BANG with two back to abck superhits Dhkmn and Sadak... people used to consider her in top 3 contenders of future, she was extremely popular during early 90s that's why got more screen time and prominant role then Madhuri in film prem Deewane.. do watch this song of prem Deewane with both Pooja and Madhuri, you will enjoy it. 

https://youtu.be/zjCwxSWb1z0?si=hK0RW8cDBmVanCHf

Sunjay Dutt Sadak was one of his best films, do watch it, it's very engaging and interesting with great songs. 

These are the misconceptions that Mahesh Bhatt haters spread... he was always a good and supportive father to both Alia and Pooja.. it's just that he is unconventional for most people so they cannot digest his philosophies. 

It was a kiss between father and daughter. Pooja recently expressed her disgust in an interview after bigg boss  over people's mentality stated that if people can doubt a pious relation of a father and daughter they can do anything... they are just more expressive. Pooja was from a foreigner white woman hence ass more spunky and bold. 

Do watch dil hai ke manta nahi, ZAKHM, TAMANNA and Sadak atleast if you cannot watch more... these are four of her best films. (do watch phir teri kahani yaad aayi for her performance as a schezophrenic patient, she nailed that role) 

It seems Akshay Kumar seemed to prefer the non-A-list heroines then like Raveena, Shilpa, and Twinkle in terms of romantic life.

Going by other posts on this thread, it sounds like Manisha's private life may have been responsible for her decline. I know she had controversial romantic affairs and had feuds with almost every major actress. I think people said she also drank a lot but not sure if that's true or not.

I'm familiar with Rakhee but never seen her daughter as a leading lady.

Thanks for sharing the song. It was a good song and the movie seems more interesting now to me. That being said, I don't find Pooja very pretty and that's especially apparent when you put her next to Madhuri. Maybe she's one of those actresses whose personality and charm supplements a lack of looks.

Tbh, when Sanjay Dutt is in a film, I tend to stay away. This has been a childhood problem of mine lol where I would walk out of a movie if he was in it because he would instantly bore me. I haven't seen many of his major films like the Munna Bhai series either for that reason. Even in films with actresses I love like Sridevi and Urmila, in his pairings with them, I would barely be paying attention to the movie.

I don't know, there's too many stories about Mahesh Bhatt circulating for them all to be untrue. Kissing your grown daughter even in the western world is considered very bizarre. It gives me Donald Trump vibes who did the same and has also openly said that he would date his grown daughter if she wasn't his.

I'll definitely have to add all those films to my watchlist then.

Do watch this small clip of Pooja Bhatt's interview during her peak days... she was very electrifying presence wise and had a different aura compared to other girls of her age 

https://youtu.be/smaTylhuxQA?si=BR80ppVKAMekze90

I did watch the interview and she does seem quite thrilling. I can see why she still has a devoted fanbase then. I posted above that I didn't find her very pretty but was wondering if she makes up for that by onscreen charisma and I can see that now from this interview.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

It seems Akshay Kumar seemed to prefer the non-A-list heroines then like Raveena, Shilpa, and Twinkle in terms of romantic life.

Going by other posts on this thread, it sounds like Manisha's private life may have been responsible for her decline. I know she had controversial romantic affairs and had feuds with almost every major actress. I think people said she also drank a lot but not sure if that's true or not.

I'm familiar with Rakhee but never seen her daughter as a leading lady.

Thanks for sharing the song. It was a good song and the movie seems more interesting now to me. That being said, I don't find Pooja very pretty and that's especially apparent when you put her next to Madhuri. Maybe she's one of those actresses whose personality and charm supplements a lack of looks.

Tbh, when Sanjay Dutt is in a film, I tend to stay away. This has been a childhood problem of mine lol where I would walk out of a movie if he was in it because he would instantly bore me. I haven't seen many of his major films like the Munna Bhai series either for that reason. Even in films with actresses I love like Sridevi and Urmila, in his pairings with them, I would barely be paying attention to the movie.

I don't know, there's too many stories about Mahesh Bhatt circulating for them all to be untrue. Kissing your grown daughter even in the western world is considered very bizarre. It gives me Donald Trump vibes who did the same and has also openly said that he would date his grown daughter if she wasn't his.

I'll definitely have to add all those films to my watchlist then.

I did watch the interview and she does seem quite thrilling. I can see why she still has a devoted fanbase then. I posted above that I didn't find her very pretty but was wondering if she makes up for that by onscreen charisma and I can see that now from this interview.

Akshay also dated Pooja Batra and Ayesha Jhulka , two other B list actresses of 90s :) 

Manisha was the grand daughter of Nepal's ex prime minister and was from a very affluent royal family, yes all of the stories about her private life are true. There used to be a lot of stories in the 90s magazines and tabloids about her drinking problem, many costars of hers used to say she was not 100 percent normal and used to zoone out somewhere during the. conversation. 

Yes Pooja was not conventionally pretty but had an onscreen charisma and alot of spunk to her personality.

Lol I know what you mean, I also used to get irritated by Sunjay dutt's lousy personality and formulaic 90s movies, but few of his films were really good and worth watching from the 90s, Sadak is definitely one of those. 

Mahesh Bhatt is a different being, he is kind of on the same wavelength and philosophies of the famous Osho(philosopher) I personally think he is majorly misunderstood by the typical janta of India /South Asia. 

Pooja inherited his intellect, her interviews are a treat to watch for her strong view points. 

Thanks I am glad you enjoyed the song and the interview' bit. 

Please do watch Dil hai ke manta nahi, Sadak, Tamanna and ZAKHM... Each one of it is a master piece in its own way. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Akshay also dated Pooja Batra and Ayesha Jhulka , two other B list actresses of 90s :) 

Manisha was the grand daughter of Nepal's ex prime minister and was from a very affluent royal family, yes all of the stories about her private life are true. There used to be a lot of stories in the 90s magazines and tabloids about her drinking problem, many costars of hers used to say she was not 100 percent normal and used to zoone out somewhere during the. conversation. 

Yes Pooja was not conventionally pretty but had an onscreen charisma and alot of spunk to her personality.

Lol I know what you mean, I also used to get irritated by Sunjay dutt's lousy personality and formulaic 90s movies, but few of his films were really good and worth watching from the 90s, Sadak is definitely one of those. 

Mahesh Bhatt is a different being, he is kind of on the same wavelength and philosophies of the famous Osho(philosopher) I personally think he is majorly misunderstood by the typical janta of India /South Asia. 

Pooja inherited his intellect, her interviews are a treat to watch for her strong view points. 

Thanks I am glad you enjoyed the song and the interview' bit. 

Please do watch Dil hai ke manta nahi, Sadak, Tamanna and ZAKHM... Each one of it is a master piece in its own way. 

Lol, Akshay really did seem to get around then. I think Raveena was his longest relationship before Twinkle.

I'm guessing her background was able to protect her to a large extent in the industry, considering how disliked she was by most of her peers. I know she had feuds with Sridevi and Rekha but I don't even know what they were about. She seems to have patched things up with Rekha by Lajja unless it was just very good acting on both sides. I'll say this for her that her offscreen private struggles never really showed up onscreen so I'll commend her for that. But there was always a type of nervous energy to her acting especially in films like Dil Se, Mann, and Akele Hum Akele Tum, so I wonder if part of that was her inner demons coming out. Many of her characters were neurotic.

Glad to see another person who is not a huge Sanjay Dutt fan. I never considered him much of an actor either. Out of his contemporaries, I definitely prefer Anil Kapoor. And while Jackie Shroff is not my favorite as a leading man, I enjoy him in supporting roles like in Devdas and Rangeela. And even in Aaina, where he is the leading man, he's more or less supporting the two main female leads.

I suppose creatives always tend to be on a different wavelength compared to others.

Will be sure to. smiley1

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Lol, Akshay really did seem to get around then. I think Raveena was his longest relationship before Twinkle.

I'm guessing her background was able to protect her to a large extent in the industry, considering how disliked she was by most of her peers. I know she had feuds with Sridevi and Rekha but I don't even know what they were about. She seems to have patched things up with Rekha by Lajja unless it was just very good acting on both sides. I'll say this for her that her offscreen private struggles never really showed up onscreen so I'll commend her for that. But there was always a type of nervous energy to her acting especially in films like Dil Se, Mann, and Akele Hum Akele Tum, so I wonder if part of that was her inner demons coming out. Many of her characters were neurotic.

Glad to see another person who is not a huge Sanjay Dutt fan. I never considered him much of an actor either. Out of his contemporaries, I definitely prefer Anil Kapoor. And while Jackie Shroff is not my favorite as a leading man, I enjoy him in supporting roles like in Devdas and Rangeela. And even in Aaina, where he is the leading man, he's more or less supporting the two main female leads.

I suppose creatives always tend to be on a different wavelength compared to others.

Will be sure to. smiley1

Yes he and Raveena had a serious affair, they even had an official engagement. 

I didn't heard about Manisha's fights with sridevi and Rekha..  seems like I missed on these. 

What I read was she usually used to miffed with her contemporaries like Karishma etc.... Manisha Raveena and Pooja Bhatt were famous in 90sBollywood as a trio... they had a good bond and used to hang around with each other... 

oh yeah I agree, there was a certain unease in Manisha beneath all that soft beauty... Manisha once said that she sometimes zoone out even while driving and hardly saved herself once from a major accident... seems like some inherited personality traits... she was a good actress nonetheless.. 

Anil Kapoor was the real performer of his time, a method actor just like Aamir.. Jackie got a great personality and was a popular leading hero of his time from early 80s till mid 90s.  Sunjay dutt was kind of wooden and a limited actor, but he nailed those roles which suited him like Naam, Sadak, Saajan and Khal Nayak. and also Munnaa bhai. 

Creative people are different then the usual ones, sometime sits hard to understand their intent. 

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You guys are getting played. It's like shouting why a mob boss like Vito Corleone is one of the most celebrated characters.

This whole Animal debate started with certain film critics acting like cinema is supposed to represent some form of morality. If that were the case, we'd simply have documentaries.

Should we now start moaning about movies with toxic personalities like Gone Girl or Taxi Driver? Should we blame horror movies for scaring people? These are the same people who blame video games for real-life violence.

It's just an art form. If you like it, sure, consume it. If you don't, just ignore it. Nobody's forcing anyone to watch Animal or similar movies.

GaramAloo thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Ok I barely remember this movie but I was today years old when I realized that the lead actress in this movie is not in fact Bhagyashree!