Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

I don’t know about Arjun but Sid actually has a good fan base. And Marjavaan did good business and had great footfalls in the mass centers. It has been called a hit. Yes I’m sure some will disagree about Marjavaan’s status and how Bollywood calculates them. But as of now the movie is a hit. So between the two Sid is in a much better shape, literally and figuratively.

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peek-A-Boo

Both Sid and Arjun need to retire from BW 😵.

It still boggles my mind how, in a country of 1billion + !!!! of people there cannot be found actors that have SOME good looks and SOME GREAT acting chops..

Why do we even fight for these guys?

Really, truly sorry to their supporters but, hand on heart, don't you really wish for good actors?Actors that not only look sweet or cute, or just because a few girls fancy, but actors that can transport you..make you BELIEVE in their role?

So you can watch movies where you don't feel constantly - or maybe even a tiny bit- bothered by the wooden MAIN LEAD's ''acting''?

Yeah both Arjun and Sid could do some romcoms and have some fanbases...but why not push for excellence?

Why not try break BW/any Indian cinema's system and try get these darn audition processes?

*I think if you guys had the audition system you'd beat really fast South Korean cinema's brand of being ''the only asian country producing excellent movies all the time'''and pretty much could become either second to HW or even beat HW in movie quality!

I hope it happens soon- I hope there will be thousands of auditions, tons of screen tests for newbies and those that SUIT the role will get cast for that and their acting prowess...rather than on how much influence their family has..or on how much is their daddy/lover bankrolling the movie..

Like, there cannot be SOME GOOD ACTORS that can debut every year? Why not? Competition will make others try act better, too!

And even if they DO get cast, they usually only get 'leftovers' - it's hard to show your 'chops' when all you have is a few minutes roles in a poorly scripted movies..or a low budget movie that won't be promoted, so there's little chance these good actors can get the exposure......

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

Ppl have pblm with Arjun getting movie what about this guy😆

I know man he should really quit on his own. Its second hand embarrassment now

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

@MoonOrchid, you kind of answered your own questions. Bollywood functions completely differently than other industries. That’s why nepotism is being brought up so much because a lot of roles go to star kids. Even outsiders who managed to get in and get launched by a big name like Sid or Sushant will stop auditioning because roles will come to them. Good or bad, roles will come to them. So as you said the whole concept of auditioning doesn’t exist in the true sense. Aamir Khan is the only one who actually holds true auditions. He did a nationwide search for Dangal and his production house looked at around 30 thousand aspiring actresses. The whole process took 6 months to a year until they finalized the four girls.

All that being said, I still support Sid because he’s showing growth and improvement. And he’s oh so gorgeous and dreamy . Within the context of how Bollywood works I hope he still gets movies and succeeds.

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

@MoonOrchid, you kind of answered your own questions. Bollywood functions completely differently than other industries. That’s why nepotism is being brought up so much because a lot of roles go to star kids. Even outsiders who managed to get in and get launched by a big name like Sid or Sushant will stop auditioning because roles will come to them. Good or bad, roles will come to them. So as you said the whole concept of auditioning doesn’t exist in the true sense. Aamir Khan is the only one who actually holds true auditions. He did a nationwide search for Dangal and his production house looked at around 30 thousand aspiring actresses. The whole process took 6 months to a year until they finalized the four girls.

All that being said, I still support Sid because he’s showing growth and improvement. And he’s oh so gorgeous and dreamy . Within the context of how Bollywood works I hope he still gets movies and succeeds.

I get what you mean but - please do not take it wrong- IF THERE WERE AUDITIONS maybe you have discovered a DOZEN Sid Mals... that had similar dreamy face and maybe they were much better actors..

That's all..

I am not saying it out of spite, honest, I just -oh so- wish that you guys had the sudition system and give chance to potential great actors.

***Didn't know Aamir did such extensive auditions for Dangal- kudos to him- it showed !!****

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

I get what you mean but - please do not take it wrong- IF THERE WERE AUDITIONS maybe you have discovered a DOZEN Sid Mals... that had similar dreamy face and maybe they were much better actors..

That's all..

I am not saying it out of spite, honest, I just -oh so- wish that you guys had the sudition system and give chance to potential great actors.

***Didn't know Aamir did such extensive auditions for Dangal- kudos to him- it showed !!****

Oh absolutely there are potential Rajkumar Rao talents with Sid’s face. But we don’t know what we don’t know.

Aamir had even asked Kareena to audition for Lal Singh and she was apparently taken aback and had said something along the lines of how she’s never auditioned for anything in her life. But Saif pushed her to go for it and here we are.

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Cookies..

I think Sid did a very good job in Hasee Toh Phasee, Ek Villain, Kapoor & Sons. He even did well in Aiyaary and Itefaaq but they didn't perform well.

Arjun was average in 2 states. He wasn't good in Fanny. He was good in Ishaaqzade. Other than that, he hasn't done anything versatile.

I completely agree with a good script sid does perform👍🏼