Sept 16th: A new delicate balance

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Firstly, I have to laugh over how differently my viewpoint flows from most of this forum. I found most of last week to be underwhelming by PB standards but most people were loving the naach gaana, chooda, random rasmein etc......to me, it just lacked the PB level of feel😆

This week begins with everyone maatam manaaoing over supposed character butchering and I actually liked today's epi😆. After 3 episodes lacking the PB standard of writing quality, they were finally back in form today......I frankly don't know how the same person wrote the Khuranas ka scene on Friday and the one today.....lol they need to maintain consistency internally. 

Anyways, first I want to talk about HS-NB scene, NB's voiceover and the foreshadowing emerging from that. There's a lot to process from those initial 5 minutes......

a) HS has developed expectations from Mini as well....expectations of samajhdaari, expectations of handling everything.....perhaps it's a by-product of her having handled many crisis moments b/w him and Babita in terms of helping them overcome their anger/ego to talk to each other.....Mini's reputation now precedes her😆....even with her Hanuman Uncle....he's called her his brave girl for so long that he's started to rely a lot himself on that courage.....and that is what that initial bit was about as NB asked him how well he knows her.....he knows Mini's courage, he knows Mini's samajhdaari, he knows her immense love for her mother....because these are the traits with which she's overcome whatever little vulnerability she's ever displayed.....this is after all,  the girl that sambhaaloed him when he was ravaged over Imarti.....toh kaise nahin hogi expectation of samajhdaari? 

b) HS-Babita rushed into this marriage.....yeh toh sach hi hai....the proposal was a moment of impulse and they both ran with it....so NB's question is very valid when she asks - do they both even fully know what they want from this marriage? Only one truth is obvious to everyone....that Mini is the strong thread that connects them.....this is something many of us have said before also.....Mini is that strong link that binds them even as they both have an equation with each other.....but it's Mini who's maintained the delicate balance through many storms for them.....they don't have feelings for each other because of Mini.....but they have both become dependent on Mini over time in terms of being the link for their relationship......and that ends up putting a lot of undue burden on Mini to manage them.....which is what NB was talking about.....that when so much falls on one person, any hint of weakness in that link, or that link being removed from b/w HS and Babita makes their relationship susceptible to failure. 

I view this as food for thought more than an inevitability.....NB is WARY of what she's seeing.....she worries about how all three of them will handle this delicate balance going forward.....she also hopes they shall overcome as they always have....but she worries....because she's a mom....lol 

c) HS himself.....he's transitioning.....you can actually see the shift in him as he stops hesitating and confidently takes Babita's hand....for so long, this is what he'd craved.....that haq....and finally the wedding day is here....the first step towards officially getting that haq from Babita....he allowed himself to bask in that happiness for a bit.....he was distracted as he was talking to NB....for once, it wasn't about the heavy thinking for him.....lol for once he felt light...happy.....and he just wanted to live in that moment.....it's totally understandable.

d) Mini being left behind as HS-Babita walk forward hand in hand.....lol hardly some subtle attempt at symbolism from the writers....but again, it has to be taken as a step towards inevitable transition.....Mini cannot literally accompany her mom to a mandap at the end of the day no matter how happy she is over this marriage....the reality of inevitable transition begins to set in bit by bit.....when a bird nurtures her baby, it is meant to fly on its own eventually....not live in the nest for its entire life.....just like that time HS gave the coach-player analogy to Mini.....Mini can't live everything FOR Babita....at some point, Babita has to live it herself. 

And the same applies to Mini as Poonam nicely reminded her today.....Mini also needs to start thinking about taking flight on her own rather than spending all her time being her mom's shadow....it's not healthy for her either no matter how much she loves her mother.....and perhaps this is what will test the delicate balance of relationships.....as Mini tries to set out to define herself without being labeled a parchhayi of either of her parents, will that disturb the balance b/w the trio that have come to rely on Mini as the central anchor b/w them? 

Phew....lot to think about....if indeed the writers want to build on this and not keep switching gears.....lol....cuz there are other issues pending but for now, this seems like it will be the main backdrop. 

As for the rest of the epi.....Mini's speech was nice and again spoke of those conflicting emotions inside her as she talks about the mother she is so attached to and scared to let go of but still wanting to see her fly.....there was a hint of the real Mini there for a brief moment before she covered it up and switched gears as always. 

And the CD drama.....LOL at this point I can only laugh I guess....I was dreading way worse but the first half of the epi gave me enough good fodder so I'm happy today.....and I personally didn't see any problem with HS's reaction in the precap.....what's the big deal about him stopping Mini from approaching Babita? It was just a gesture....this is typical HS....he gets strict like this when he's protective......this is another thing all three will have to adjust to....three people who are learning to navigate their protectiveness for each other.....HS can be protective of Mini and stop Babita from approaching her too....yeh sab hoga....lol all three will take turns.....cuz ab haq badal rahe hain.....gehre ho rahe hain.

Anyways, we'll see what tomorrow brings.....so far, the shaadi drama hasn't put me off, surprisingly.....lol 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Reserved Excited now 

AreYaar thumbnail

P.S.....another unpopular opinion....I don't like the new montage much....why the rondu tune? 

I liked the happy music from the previous one. 

Also, I wish the trio were in their regular clothes....yeh shaadi ke heavy duty clothes as a permanent montage🤔.....not my cup of tea.  Babita's makeup looks SO heavy there as well. 

AreYaar thumbnail

HS reacting to the sound of Babita's payal today reminded me of this scene cuz I'd just rewatched it yesterday😆

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AreYaar

HS reacting to the sound of Babita's payal today reminded me of this scene cuz I'd just rewatched it yesterday😆

I love this scene . Yese Hanita kab milegi ab. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

I love this scene . Yese Hanita kab milegi ab. 

This scene happened because HS slept on the chaarpaayi outside....inke late night code language waale chat sessions when she woke him up...lol.....HS phir se wahin pahunch gaya hai matlab aise HS-Babita jald hi phir milenge🤣

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AreYaar

This scene happened because HS slept on the chaarpaayi outside....inke late night code language waale chat sessions when she woke him up...lol.....HS phir se wahin pahunch gaya hai matlab aise HS-Babita jald hi phir milenge🤣

Phir se charpayi mein soyega ye HS ... This is why I said they needed a couch in the room. So even if they are mad at each other, one doesn't have to go outside and sleep on the charpayi ðŸ˜†

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Phir se charpayi mein soyega ye HS ... This is why I said they needed a couch in the room. So even if they are mad at each other, one doesn't have to go outside and sleep in the charpayi ðŸ˜†

I actually don't think he's sleeping outside cuz they're mad at each other😆.....kuch aur reason hoga shaayad.....we'll have to wait to see I guess. 

I haven't watched the spoiler videos.....just saw the thumbnails which showed HS on the chaarpaayi again😆

I think I'm just SUPER happy to see the bottom half of the haveli looking NORMAL again....chaahe it involves HS bechara sleeping outside again🤣

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

This scene was really sweet....the awe with which he was watching Babita walk down the stairs....both of them smiling at each other

And this little bit when Mini asked him how's Babita looking, he sidesteps by gesturing that her maang-teeka is a little off-center.....lol

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Really really liked today's episode. Am thankful for no naach gaana phewww and an actual episode  which focuses on where this is going and what test is up ahead for all 3 of them. Mini 's speech was  very emotional and did speak of her fear too but she is a pro at baat ghumao😆. Naeem's bi voiceover was the highlight of today's episode for me and ofcourse this cutisie monent between  babita  and hanuman and the handhold was so adorbs too