Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Anachronist

Yeh Pakistani log Ko har koi fixer hi lagta hai kya like their players

I don’t think topic maker is Pakistani. πŸ˜†

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Luna46

Nothing else about his life will be shown yet a popular actress is casted as his wife for the movie. I'm sure DP is not just there to serve tea and cheer for him among the audience? Even if its a flower pot role she gotta do something in the film right? And why aren't other popular stars casted for other cricketers roles? I'm sure 83 World cup win was not all about Kapil Dev. 

Sanjay Dutt's name is also cleared from TADA by the court. He didn't need a movie for that. General public doesn't consider him a terrorist. If anything, the biopic again reminded people that his name came in 1993 bomb blast. 

Kapil Dev is a sporting hero who was accused of match fixing. And the movie will show him as a hero but not the controversial aspects of his life which puts him in the grey area. That's glorification. 

thats because kapil's wife was there at the world cup, they are gonna show wat happend on the ground and off the ground during that time 

and this is not a kapil dev biopic! why should they show other aspects of his life? its about how india won the world cup, plus there is no solid proof that kapil dev was involved in the match fixing scandal

and all the actors in 83 are being promoted, its actually great that kabir is giving lesser known actors a chance to be part of this film, it will be a big opportunity for them 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Fixing still happens. I think, they all are actors. They dont play, instead they 'act'. 

That' what i'd think, if i start living under extreme delusion. 

Originally posted by: zara321

thats because kapil's wife was there at the world cup, they are gonna show wat happend on the ground and off the ground during that time 

and this is not a kapil dev biopic! why should they show other aspects of his life? its about how india won the world cup

It's not a biopic yet they will show a "match fixer" as the hero. That's the point. And what contribution Kapil's wife has in world cup win to warrant an a-list actress to play the role? I'm sure wives of other cricketers were also there during the win. What's so special about Kapil's wife?

zara321 thumbnail

It's not a biopic yet they will show a "match fixer" as the hero. That's the point. And what contribution Kapil's wife has in world cup win to warrant an a-list actress to play the role? I'm sure wives of other cricketers were also there during the win. What's so special about Kapil's wife?

you keep calling him a match fixer, but he has not been proven to be a match fixer, there is no solid evidence against him, and he was a sports hero that lead the team to win their first world cup, many people within the cricketing community call him a legend and respect him. Plus sachin tendulkar has also been accused of knowing about match fixing, but there is also no evidence against him either 

and i am sure wives of the other cricketers will also be shown, kabir offered deepika the role coz i guess he thought it wud be nice for a real life couple to play kapil and romi 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Bollywood main toh stalkers, rapists & harassers bhi hero he hote hai. That's what bollywood is. Glorified in a wrong way. Comparing to this, match fixing isnt a big deal in movie/ biopic criteria. Biopic is all about charitra shuddhikaran. 

Originally posted by: zara321

you keep calling him a match fixer, but he has not been proven to be a match fixer, there is no solid evidence against him, and he was a sports hero that lead the team to win their first world cup, many people within the cricketing community call him a legend and respect him   

and i am sure wives of the other cricketers will also be shown, kabir offered deepika the role coz i guess he thought it wud be nice for a real life couple to play kapil and romi 

There was no solid evidence even for Sanjay Dutt that's why court let him go, but "Terrorist" ka tag to hai na? So what's wrong in calling Kapil "match fixer"? In the end everyone gives their own judgements no matter what Court or evidence says. 

He made India win world cup so that exempts him from match fixing? And since it's not a biopic, makers got licence to show him, a real life cricketer who is an "accused match fixer" as the hero? Right? Got it. 

I think makers are themselves confused whether its a biopic or not. Nothing new from Bollywood. Even Super 30 is not considered a biopic now. Wives ho ya na ho, they have no role to play in a movie which is about their husbands world cup win. RS and DP being the only A-listers in the film hints towards the story being more personal than being about a team.

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Bollywood main toh stalkers, rapists & harassers bhi hero he hote hai. That's what bollywood is. Glorified in a wrong way. Comparing to this, match fixing isnt a big deal in movie/ biopic criteria. Biopic is all about charitra shuddhikaran. 

Match fixing is also funded by Underworld. It fuels terrorism so its a big deal. So biopics on match fixers should get same backlash like biopics on terrorists.πŸ˜†

Koel100 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kapil Dev was 24 the youngest ever captain to win a world Cup in 1983 against WI who were already 2 times world champions by than. The movie is based on this. This is what movie is about. Kapil Dev is still a Hero. & I'm sure 1983 can't be fast forwarded to show 1997 when those allegations were made just because someone wants to. 

I really don't understand why r people so he'll Bent on proving someone wrong. Internet ka zamana hai so I wonder if accusation tapes are found, counter for it too could have been.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxM5hKG1apI

Since the man himself confirmed.im choosing to believe him over someone who already had reputation of being jealous for other co-players & coach.

People like it or not Kapil Dev changed the face of Indian cricket by 83 win & will still be hailed as a hero for his contribution to the game.

zara321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koel100

Kapil Dev was 24 the youngest ever captain to win a world Cup in 1983 against WI who were already 2 times world champions by than. The movie is based on this. This is what movie is about. Kapil Dev is still a Hero. & I'm sure 1983 can't be fast forwarded to show 1997 when those allegations were made just because someone wants to. 

I really don't understand why r people so he'll Bent on proving someone wrong. Internet ka zamana hai so I wonder if accusation tapes are found, counter for it too could have been.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxM5hKG1apI

Since the man himself confirmed.im choosing to believe him over someone who already had reputation of being jealous for other co-players & coach.

People like it or not Kapil Dev changed the face of Indian cricket by 83 win & will still be hailed as a hero for his contribution to the game.

exactly, kapil will always be a sporting hero, he lead the team to their first world cup win, that is credit that can never be taken away from him