Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

I remember Manoj Prabhakar (his team mate) accused him of accepting 25 lakh from a bookie. Also during the time Azhar was the captain, Kapil was the head coach and was involved in the famous 1999-2000 India vs SA match fixing scandal. In Tahelka Sting operation Manoj Prabhakar and Ravi Shashtri has accused Kapil Dev's involvement in match fixing. He later gave an interview and shed some crocodile tears when he was accused of it. Even the Former BCCI secratary Jaywant Lele spoke about an Incident of India vs NZ ahmedabad Test. Sachin was the captain and Kapil was head coach. India had scored 580 runs and NZ was all-out for 300. Kapil Dev overruled Sachin's decision to take follow-on and decided that India will bat. It was bizzare and even Sachin was shocked! Now my question is, is it right to make a movie and glorify a person who sold his country for some money?? I'm posting the sting operation videos below. Plz check out.. And don't give me the bullshit that he was given clean chit. Even the likes of Azhar and Ajay Jadeja got clean chits.

Part 1

https://youtu.be/LBI4figu67c

Part 2

https://youtu.be/F5zlIoCDjZg

Part 3

https://youtu.be/vbK-yxJJTnE

Part 4

https://youtu.be/gR5UZCDn2A0

Part 5

https://youtu.be/ajHyq6QloR8

Part 6

https://youtu.be/FGw_E9kO0Rc

Edited by Coldplaying - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Some people are expecting a masterpiece but his movie too will be a PR excercise like Dhoni and Sanju.😆

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I know you rather want to live in your own bubble but again for you 83 is not kapil devs biopic it’s about the World Cup and whatever happened in 1983 and the Teams journey to the World Cup and their win. 

So what kapil did afterwards won’t even part of it cause it’s not his biopic. And yeah comparing kapil with sanju? Whitewashing? Shouldn’t bother you all cause you loved sanju to the core :D again I have to laugh nothing won’t top sanju

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Eboza

I know you rather want to live in your own bubble but again for you 83 is not kapil devs biopic it’s about the World Cup and whatever happened in 1983 and the Teams journey to the World Cup and their win. 

So what kapil did afterwards won’t even part of it cause it’s not his biopic. And yeah comparing kapil with sanju? Whitewashing? Shouldn’t bother you all cause you loved sanju to the core :D again I have to laugh nothing won’t top sanju

je baat 👏

and yea, as you said, its not Kapil's biopic.........its the team's journey towards the win and that too againt the most formidable cricket playing team till then...... and that is why everyone is involved in the movie, not just kapil dev.......

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wow! I didnt know abt this. I used to like Kapil. But now..

But since the film is about World Cup, they will jst focus on that, I guess. 

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
aish. thumbnail

Did anybody actually watch the videos or does anyone really know what happened?

Well played TM, nobody would sit and watch six videos.

Anyways SA player Cronje was the one who admitted to fixing and named two other players involved as well, Jadeja and Azhar. At the same time Manoj Prabhakar had personal issues with alot of people and decided to get his revenge and went to interview NJS with a spy camera. But no real information came out of it. He basically accused Sanjay M, Sachin and Kapil Dev. But had no concrete proof.

Edited by aish. - 4 years ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

83 is not kapil dev's biopic, its about how india won the 1983 world cup, it won't cover kapil dev's life, so none of this has anything to do with the film 

Originally posted by: Eboza

Yes I compared Kapil with Sanju. So what? Kapil Dev was just a cricketer, which is another overrated profession in India alongside acting. So I see nothing wrong in comparing them. Both are just entertainers for me. Nothing more than that. 

83 is not a biopic yet Ranveer is the only star in the film along with DP who plays Kapil Dev's freaking wife!!! What is her contribution in 83 World Cup win that a popular actress is casted for this role? Why aren't other popular actors casted for other cricketers like Sunil Gawaskar etc?

And even if its not a biopic, a "match fixer" will be shown as a hero in this film and you guys will be okay with that.😆Even biopics are not supposed to show everything, as its impossible to show a person's whole life in 2 and half hours. You can only do that in biography or documentaries, yet people cribbed why so much was left out from MSD and Sanju. 

Oh don't worry about that. "We all" are not bothered. But "you all" got bothered when a "terrorist" was shown as a hero in a film. I hope "match fixer" also gets the same treatment. 

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Luna46

Yes I compared Kapil with Sanju. So what? Kapil Dev was just a cricketer, which is another overrated profession in India alongside acting. So I see nothing wrong in comparing them. Both are just entertainers for me. Nothing more than that. 

83 is not a biopic yet Ranveer is the only star in the film along with DP who plays Kapil Dev's freaking wife!!! What is her contribution in 83 World Cup win that a popular actress is casted for this role? Why aren't other popular actors casted for other cricketers like Sunil Gawaskar etc?

And even if its not a biopic, a "match fixer" will be shown as a hero in this film and you guys will be okay with that.😆Even biopics are not supposed to show everything, as its impossible to show a person's whole life in 2 and half hours. You can only do that in biography or documentaries, yet people cribbed why so much was left out from MSD and Sanju. 

Oh don't worry about that. "We all" are not bothered. But "you all" got bothered when a "terrorist" was shown as a hero in a film. I hope "match fixer" also gets the same treatment. 

kapil will be shown as the captain of the indian cricket team that lead the team to victory, nothing else about his life outside of the world cup will be shown, so yeh he was a sporting hero at that time but not some misunderstood wrongly accused man, the film isn't trying to clear his name about anything, its just about how india as a collective team won their first world cup, whereas sanju was about how sanjay dutt was 'falsely' accused of terrorism and how badly he was misunderstood by everyone, the movies are about two completely different things 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: zara321

kapil will be shown as the captain of the indian cricket team that lead the team to victory, nothing else about his life outside of the world cup will be shown, so yeh he was a sporting hero at that time but not some misunderstood wrongly accused man, the film isn't trying to clear his name about anything, its just about how india as a collective team won their first world cup, whereas sanju was about how sanjay dutt was 'falsely' accused of terrorism and how badly he was misunderstood by everyone, the movies are about two completely different things 

Nothing else about his life will be shown yet a popular actress is casted as his wife for the movie. I'm sure DP is not just there to serve tea and cheer for him among the audience? Even if its a flower pot role she gotta do something in the film right? And why aren't other popular stars casted for other cricketers roles? I'm sure 83 World cup win was not all about Kapil Dev. 

Sanjay Dutt's name is also cleared from TADA by the court. He didn't need a movie for that. General public doesn't consider him a terrorist. If anything, the biopic again reminded people that his name came in 1993 bomb blast. 

Kapil Dev is a sporting hero who was accused of match fixing. And the movie will show him as a hero but not the controversial aspects of his life which puts him in the grey area. That's glorification.