Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I don't know about this and can't be bothered to watch the videos. But even I r ember that Srisanth episode and how he was used as a scapegoat. Don't tell me he was the only big player doing it....😆

Kapil Dev was from Haryana and all these Mumbai group people who held sway like Shastry used to give him a real hard time I heard. So though I only read the titles of the posted videos, I doubt that if Kapil Dev is tainted then anyone else was clean. Probably another hit job. 

And by the by do people know that Sunil Gavaskar's father was a true blue bookie for reals?

Edited by nigahen - 4 years ago
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Whaaaaat? I never heard about this. Internet sucks. First I got to know the guy who is laxmi's partner on whom chapak is being made left her n their kid,while I used to think awww such a cute couple,then during super 30 got to know controversy about Anandkumar while iusedto think wow what a great man when he came in dadagiri quiz show. Now this. Is anybody totally good?

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Charaiveti

Whaaaaat? I never heard about this. Internet sucks. First I got to know the guy who is laxmi's partner on whom chapak is being made left her n their kid,while I used to think awww such a cute couple,then during super 30 got to know controversy about Anandkumar while iusedto think wow what a great man when he came in dadagiri quiz show. Now this. Is anybody totally good?

No... There is no such thing as totally good.. Thats the best thing about life.. All of us have committed mistakes.. And life is all about trying to better ourselves in the best way we can.. No one is perfect

Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

No... There is no such thing as totally good.. Thats the best thing about life.. All of us have committed mistakes.. And life is all about trying to better ourselves in the best way we can.. No one is perfect

😟😟 but yesab to basic decency h na. How many of us common people do fraud in our workplace for money? 

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna46

Yes I compared Kapil with Sanju. So what? Kapil Dev was just a cricketer, which is another overrated profession in India alongside acting. So I see nothing wrong in comparing them. Both are just entertainers for me. Nothing more than that. 

83 is not a biopic yet Ranveer is the only star in the film along with DP who plays Kapil Dev's freaking wife!!! What is her contribution in 83 World Cup win that a popular actress is casted for this role? Why aren't other popular actors casted for other cricketers like Sunil Gawaskar etc?

And even if its not a biopic, a "match fixer" will be shown as a hero in this film and you guys will be okay with that.😆Even biopics are not supposed to show everything, as its impossible to show a person's whole life in 2 and half hours. You can only do that in biography or documentaries, yet people cribbed why so much was left out from MSD and Sanju. 

Oh don't worry about that. "We all" are not bothered. But "you all" got bothered when a "terrorist" was shown as a hero in a film. I hope "match fixer" also gets the same treatment. 

Again it’s not a Biopic and if people say it’s about the WC then how can you compare about Biopics like sanju and dhoni. Hero or not if they showing only the WC journey he was the hero that time so how can match fixing come into play and when did it happen? Can you say in which year that happened? IF it was a biopic which you desperately wanting it to be then you are right cause then they would need to show everything and then you can accuse of whitewashing if they don’t show his so called „match fixing“ blaming other and not him.

Again „terrorist“ yes who ever is not outraged about this then I can’t help you.

All the cast got an official announcement  day by day who is playing who. The players are all promoted. Not their fault if you are only concerned about ranveer and deepika. Most of them are definetely not no names. You expecting the whole team to be A-List actors or what? I have to laugh.

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yeh Pakistani log Ko har koi fixer hi lagta hai kya like their players

flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: Charaiveti

I don't know Lakshmi's story. 

But I can say about Anand Kumar. If you see the movie, first thing that comes to our mind is, how can he run the boarding school for free without any income. It is not possible. The real Anand Kumar balances it out by doing commercial tuitions as well as this charity coaching. (Part of the money he earns, he spends for the mobilisation of these unprivileged kids). As he has become famous for this experiment, his competitors accuse him of advertising his charity coaching. May be he does. May be not all 30 might get entered into IT. Let's presume, it is only 15. 

But fact is, he could have got away without doing any of this (and earned more by tutoring another batch instead of bearing the expense of free boarding and coaching for these kids). But society always tries to pull down someone, who gets fame for a cause. (Like whenever a celebrity donates, they call it as peanuts for his income and brand him kanjoos). 

Allegations started with a quora posts (which surprisingly appreared more after the film was announced). Based on quora posts, an article was made. Now, it is an allegation. To me, even if has used them for advertising his coaching centre, still it is a good work.

Regarding 1983. Betting scandal surfaced in India in mid or post 90s, when DCompany was powerful. Not during World Cup (1983 time). It was Azhar, who was mainly found guilty. Manoj Prabhakar used the time to brand other cricketers. A committee was formed based on his accusations. But it did not find Kapil Dev's involvement. In fact, it found Manoj Prabhakar himself being guilty. Then Manor Prabhakar said, why he would have accused, if he himself was involved. Nothing was clear, who was clean or dirty. Most probably (I believe) Kapil was not involved. Even if he was, that has nothing to do with 1983. (I still trust Kapil though). 

Edited by flipfl0p - 4 years ago
Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

I don't know Lakshmi's story. 

But I can say about Anand Kumar. If you see the movie, first thing that comes to our mind is, how can he run the boarding school for free without any income. It is not possible. The real Anand Kumar balances it out by doing commercial tuitions as well as this charity coaching. (Part of the money he earns, he spends for the mobilisation of these unprivileged kids). As he has become famous for his experiment, his competitors, accusing him of advertising his charity coaching. May be he does. May be not all 30 might not get entered in IT. Let's presume, it is only 15. 

But fact is, he could have got away, without doing anything. But society always tries to pull down someone, who gets fame for a cause. (Like whenever a celebrity donates, they call it as peanuts for his income and brand him kanjoos). 

Allegations started with a quora posts (which surprisingly appreared more after the film was announced). Based on quora posts, an article was made. Now, it is an allegation. To me, even if has used them for advertising his coaching centre, still it is a good work.

Regarding 1983. Betting scandal surfaced in India in mid or post 90s, when DCompany was powerful. Not during World Cup (1983 time). It was Azhar, who was mainly found guilty. Manoj Prabhakar used the time to brand other cricketers. A committee was formed based on his accusations. But it did not find Kapil Dev's involvement. In fact, it found Manoj Prabhakar himself being guilty. Then Manor Prabhakar said, why he would have accused, if he himself was involved. Nothing was clear, who was clean or dirty. Most probably (I believe) Kapil was not involved. Even if he was, that has nothing to do with 1983. (I still trust Kapil though). 

thanku for writing such a long post for me. U kinda cheered me up🤗 thanks

Originally posted by: Eboza

Again it’s not a Biopic and if people say it’s about the WC then how can you compare about Biopics like sanju and dhoni. Hero or not if they showing only the WC journey he was the hero that time so how can match fixing come into play and when did it happen? Can you say in which year that happened? IF it was a biopic which you desperately wanting it to be then you are right cause then they would need to show everything and then you can accuse of whitewashing if they don’t show his so called „match fixing“ blaming other and not him.

Again „terrorist“ yes who ever is not outraged about this then I can’t help you.

All the cast got an official announcement  day by day who is playing who. The players are all promoted. Not their fault if you are only concerned about ranveer and deepika. Most of them are definetely not no names. You expecting the whole team to be A-List actors or what? I have to laugh.

Biopic or not they are showing a real life cricketer as a hero who was accused of match fixing. That's glorification of his character because they are only showing him as a hero and selling that image to public. Sanju got flak for same reason when Hirani edited out things which showed Dutt in bad light. And honestly there is no clear definition of biopic in Bollywood. Dangal was called a biopic, Neerja too was a biopic, but they didn't show their whole life story but only the important parts of their life in those movies. So don't hide behind this "oh its not a biopic" bullshit. Even Hirani before movie release said that Sanju will only show 3 important chapters of Sanjay Dutt's life, not everything. Phir bhi kuch logo ka rona band nahi hua. 

Ya definitely, a character who is the wife of a cricketer in the film gets to be played an A-lister, but not other cricketers about whom this film is all about. It's seriously laughable that casting director of this film has no sense so let me laugh with you.

Sanjay Dutt has been cleared of all charges by the Court for TADA. He's not a terrorist in the eyes of the law. So why the f*ck will he take the blame for that when it didn't happen in reality?

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Manoj Prabhakar, Rakhi Sawant of cricket, ab ish chutiye ke baato ko hum log believe kare.