Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

I want to know Anupama's views .

Her views change as who she is pandering to ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Making a stance clearer, Rohit Shetty said, "Today, I don't need an issue like rape to make a film hit. I have proven 13 films, 8 a 100 crore, 2 a 200 crore, this one is going for a 100 crore. I am sitting with 10 blockbusters and I don't need such a pathetic thing to do, that's wrong."
Legit point. His movies are hits despite wafer-thin plots. 

However, when Anupama asked him whether he is able to see where the criticism is coming from, Rohit replied, "You are one, who is saying about this and 2-3 people who have written about this. Other than that, if this was the case, there are so many women calling, there are so many women writing on Twitter, they are not feeling it like that. I think they are not analysing it, but are just getting entertained."

Getting a little defensive on the topic, Rohit also said that the film and the encounter was his point of view and he doesn't care about what few pseudo-intellectuals would write.

But this is my problem. Just because someone is in the minority does not mean they are not making valid points. I don't think he even tried to understand her objections. He could have said that a nuanced take on rape wouldn't fit with the tone of his films or people would lose interest if he put the message above entertainment. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Rohit gets defensive rather often😆 He used to get defensive as hell when people pointed out the use of cars in his movie, despite the movies being hit might I add and he is no different here.. 
I haven't seen the movie so cannot comment on whether Anupama was right or not
I watched that interview...She was very polite in putting forth her criticism, not lambasting or anything...On the other hand, I found Rohit totally rude in the way he called her 'pseudo-intellectual' right in her face...He has just had a Blockbuster movie, forget accepting the criticism, the least he could do is be nice and polite towards the interviewer! Being gracious about ones success is something a lot of people falter at, Rohit seems to be no exception!