Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JanakNandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Chapter 2

Three years later...
" So this is final.You dont have any feelings for me ? " asked Mythily in between sobs.
"Mythili,how many times I have to tell you? you are my seer's daughter. I cannot marry you!" Chandra in a soft but assertive tone.
"Is that only one reason for you to reject me.?Then tell me Chandra , why did you save me from the quick sand when other were just watching helplessly"?
" I   could have saved anyone in that situation Mythli" said Chandra politely.There was a moment of silence. The room was lit by a lamp which shinned brightly  dispelling the darkness of night.The room was full of light but Mythili's mind was doomed in darkness of despair. She lost all her senses of reasoning . Love made her weak mentally and physically. She mistook Chandra that he too reciprocated her feelings.
"Mythili... Madhav is a good boy. Trust me ,he can be a better husband than me. You will realize this when you grow old.Now you are too naive to understand anything ."

Mythili did not reply .She avoided looking at his face. The owl was making sound deep inside the forest of Takshasheela.
Chandra continued " Love makes you weak . Listen to your brain over your heart"
Mythili  started to smile in oblivion.
She said in a soft voice " Love makes you weak... May be you are correct from your point of view.But Chandra that day is not far away when you yourself will fall in love with a girl. The love will never be fruitful to you . It will add you more pain . You will also twitch in pain thinking of your love. I will see this from heaven . This is my promise to you".
Saying this Mythili left the room swiftly without waiting for his reply.Chandra was quite shocked and could not understand the girl's words.

Chandra came back to his room and was relating all this happening to his close friend Lakshman.
Lakshman assured him that whatever Mythily spoke was from sadness .She herself will ask you sorry after she realizes her mistakes. Time will heal all.
"No Lakshman ,I dont know how ..."He stamped the floor with his foot and continues "
I still dont understand how on earth did I send a wrong signal to her..I was moving freely with her because she is our teacher's daughter. More than that she has a great interest in gaining knowledge."
Lakshman took his hand" It do happens my dear friend. It is not your fault. "
Chandra kept quiet for a while and " She says she is going to see all my suffering from heaven..What does it mean Lakshman?"
Lakshman chided Chandra saying it is just a loose talk. Nothing more than that.BUt Chandra did not accept. His mind was warning him something bad is going to come. At that juncture there was chaos in the ashram. Both the friends came outside and asked a fellow student.
"Mythily drank a poison and she died instantly". Chandra placed his hand over the chest and cried .
" Mythily is a fool. An arrogant and a selfish girl I have seen in my life. She made her parents suffer by this extreme step. What a pity   " He said aloud .Lakshman consoled him and took him inside.

Months rolled ,but Chandragupt's mind was haunting with Mythily's words. She was determined he thought.
"Chandra gupt " shouted a assertive voice.It was his guru Chanakya.He stood up and offered his respects to his seer.
" I have made talks with Bhimsen of Pipli van. He agreed to support our army financially. He also agreed to provide us 5000 horses of superior clan.Lastly he made arrangements of food for our growing army" Chankaya stopped abruptly.
"Acharya,then what stops us...We can proceed to Magadh now".
" Wait, He has laid us a condition"
"what Acharya?"
Chankaya came closer to Chandragupt and  took his hands " You have to marry his daughter".
Chandra did not speak. He wanted to say no this dealing  ,but Acharya will not relish the answer.
"Your wish is my command Acharya" Chandra said in reverence.Chanakya's face became radiant with joy
"I know putra, Thats why I have said yes the moment Bhimsen finished the condition.
Chandra gave a small smile.
"Ok,I will go and make arrangements. The marriage is going to happen tonight at Shiv temple. Get yourself ready."
He ordered Chandra and made a exit.Lakshman came after few minutes and hugged Chandra /.
"Congratulation Chandra."
Chandra said " I am just like a goat which is going to be given to Kali in Bali"
Lakshman " No Chandra, I have seen your bride.Infact I was with Acharya during the talks. Her name is Durdhara and she is very humble. The girl  will worship you after she finishes worshiping her Shiv. Trust me friend".
"Shiv ji" Chandra in a confused tone.
"Yes,your fiance is a great SHiv bhakt. It seems after finishing her pooja she saw you in the temple. It was love at first sight.."
Chandra " stop,Lakshman.."He was irritated with his teasing.
"Chandra,god knows why all girls love you madly.Show me your face..."
"Lakshman, Let them love.But I am not going to love anyone.I am going refrain from this Love all my life. The day my life ends I am going to go to heaven and say to Mythily that she is a fool. You have made my guru suffer by taking a drastic step."
He continues "Mythili, I know you are hearing this. Listen You are going to loose this challenge."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magadh
Pataliputra

Nandini and her friends was chitchatiing in a royal garden.Her friend Kinnari was asking about Nandini's behaviour change.
"Rajkumari,you are not taking care of yourself at all. Look at your face it is looking like a lotus without a sun".Nandini did not reply.
"No my dear friend. This particular lotus is waiting for the moon..." and pearl of laughter was heared.
Nandini did not answer and was playing with the swan.
"Maharaj asked me  why you are so dull these days..But belive me I did not say that your raj  Nandini is like this after seeing him in Kaling."Kinnari teased her.
"Girls,I cannot marry a person who is my father's enemy." Nandini gave a crispy reply.
"Well done my dear girl." came a manly voice
"Pita shri " Nandini ran towards Nand  and hugged him.
"Putri,I am so moved by your affection for this old man. I have understood your mind.Thats why I have arranged your marriage withMalayketu. It will happen on auspicious shukravar of Phalgun.
Now tell me are you happy?"
A pearl of tears rolled from her face. Little does Nand know that Nandini was speaking a lie.Her heart is already set for Chandragupt who she met a month ago .It was not a pleasant encounter. When her horse gone wild in the forest,The chariot was wobbling and it was almost going to fall in Ganga.There came our Chandra and saved her. When she presented her necklace he rejected it with a attitude.It was that attitude that made Nandini fall for him.She was very confident of her father 's approval.Nandini's heart broke when she came to know that Chandra was indeed a disciple of her father's arch enemy Chankaya. She completely shattered after she came to know that he is going to wage a war against Nand in order to outthrow him.
Edited by JanakNandini - 6 years ago
JanakNandini thumbnail
Chapter 3
after Chandragupt's victory
Chapter 3

Chandra was lying in the camp and the dasis were attending his wound. It was a dark night. Lamps were flickering in the wind. A footstep was heard.The anklets and bangles  made a tinkling sound indicating  that it s a young lady .
"Ekant " Chandra said as she entered the tent..When they were left alone Chandra without turning his back " Durdhara".
Durdhara "How did you know that it was me Arya?"
Chandra without lifting his head " Which other lady has that audacity to enter my private chamber Durdhara?"
Durdhara in a low voice " It can be Dasis too Arya"
Chandra " Dasi don't wear jewels my dear lady".
Durdhara smiled at her husband's witty reply. She started to apply ointments to cater his wounds.
"Arya can I ask you one question if you don't mind?"
Chandra " Durdhara,I will never get angry to you.Ask me without hesitation".
Durdhara swallowed a lump " Arya,I was very confident of your victory against Nand. Now you have conquered the kingdom what will happen next?"
Chandra " I will dedicate this victory to our Acharya."
Durdhara intervened " I know that. I am have been told that you will be made a king of Magadh".
Chandra cut shorted " Durdhara ,dont beat around a bush.Tell me what really bothers you?"
Durdhara stopped for a while and in a louder voice " Nandini".Chandra got shocked.
Chandrar" Nandini...?"
"Yes you are right!"
"How can she bother you.Did she threw a any insult on you?"
Durdhara in a calm reposed voice" What worse can it be when one's own husband marry another woman when his wife is alive?"
Chandra sat in the bed and observed his sobbing wife. He contemplated Durdhara. It was 6 months since they got married. She was his namesake wife. Chandragupt never treated her like a wife. It does not mean that he abused or hated her.Their relation was like treaty more and marriage less. It was a open secret that he did marry Durdhara for sake of monetary benefits.Chandra said this to her during their premier night. She did not complain and heartily wished for his success in the forthcoming wars.It was so paining to know that his sweet humble wife has been misquoted about his mission.He tried to allay her fears by giving all possible explanation but in vain.

Durdhara" Acharya, said to me this evening be prepared to receive your co wife Nandini in coming days. ".
Her heart was beating fast as she completed the sentence. The fear of uncertainty was evident on her face.
Chandra understood why his mentor wants to do this .He explained to her that it was a preventive measure to prohibit any attack from Nand who has fled the battle field.
He cupped Durdhara's face " Durdhara, I have just won the battle.Do you really think that I will get inside another battle between love and mind.?"
Durdhara" The real battle is waiting for you Arya tomorrow in the form of nandini".Durdhara walked out of the room leaving Chandra baffled.
Chandragupt could understand what Durdhara meant. He mistook it for confusion which any lady will get if her husband gets into another wedlock.

He left the matter as it is. As per his Acharya's order he married Nandini in quite religious ceremony after 10 days of over throwing Nand.
The people of magadh rejoiced and his guru was most happiest person in the world.Moora was raging in a fury seeing her son marrying Nandini.In fact she was completely devastated when Chankaya asked Chandra to marry Nandini. Little could she say as she knows whatever Chankaya does it is for their benefit. But what can she do as she hates Nandini to the core.Because she happens to be the daughter of nand.

Her mind came with the dubious plan "So what he married her ,I shall see to that they never become one.It means both physically and mentally." The mind was full of vegence against Nandini. 

When Nandini came to offer her respects after marriage rituals before wedding night to Moora she smiled wickedly and " Welcome to My house.. daughter of nand". She stressed the word Daughter of Nandi. Nandini expected this from her and was silent.
" Nandini putri,the planets are not favorable  for next 1 month. So till then you cannot have any relation with my son.I cannot say this to my son as this is very delicate issue. Do you get it"
She stopped and was looking for traces of disappointment in Nandini's face. But it was crystal clear and was very calm.She continued "You have to stay in Devi ma's temple tonight .And from tomorrow you will have the big room at the end of the palace near servant's quarters. My girl this is not intentional ,but I have not finished altering the palace. I want to remove the traces of Nand 's arrangements. "Each word was piercing Nandini as a n arrow.She cannot open her mouth before her husband's mother. If she does again her lovable father will be blamed for her misconduct. He may be a tyrant but she cannot forgive herself if her conducts brings him a bad reputation.
Nandini " As your wish mother " She folded her hands and went away.
Moora smiled cunningly and within her mind" Wait and see,after sometime you will have no shelter in Magadh.Forget my son's life,you will have no refuge even in that Devi ma's place.She thought about this.Moora went to her son's room .
She started to fill her son's mind that Nandini insulted them by preferring to stay in temple rather than staying with Chandra. His ego was kindled.He asked his mother to leave him alone. Moora left the place and went to Durdhara.
"Putri,get yourself ready"
Durdhara " What ma.."
Moora" Dont worry,I have made your position stable in Chandra's life."
Just then  a Dasi came " Maharaj is waiting for you in his chamber".
Durdhara " You go, I will go later.Not today. Tonight is for Nandini". Moora got angry "Durdhara you are spoiling everything." She turned to Dasi " I will bring Durdhara to his room in a jiffy ."Dasi went away to inform Chandra upon Durdhara's arrival
Ma what is this? It is not right to steal other's rights.
"Stop you silly girl.I am your mother in law.Do what I say...Have this perfume"
while dressing Her " Durdhara I know already how my son married you.If
you dont give him a heir before nAndini. I mean if she gives birth to child then Nand vansh will get benefited by this.I mean Nandini's child will have his genes. ..Moora stopped and bit her tongue " looks like Durdhara is too good. ..it willl take time to inject poison of hate.Why should  I explain Her ! I am Rajmata and Durdhara is my pawn.She and Nandini should  be at loggeeheads and chandra should side with Durdhara.Moora thought while Durdhara was completely clueless about her mother in law.She mistook Moora  that she is trying to reduce the gap between herself and chandra. But deep within her heaet she did not want to spend that  night with him. 
Durdhara does not know how to tackle this overbearing mother in law.She finds Moora to be manipulative and prejudiced . Chandra worships his mother so Durdahra has no choice. She wanted to oppose her mean ways ,but found hooked between respect and righteousness.

JanakNandini thumbnail
Girls
for a change let the villain post be given to Moora .Please key in your views...
RTDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You really really are a very good girl that you gave two back-to-back updates.👏
Coming to the update, oooh... too much happened within two updates.
Mythili dies... ChanDur wed, Nandini in love with Chandra, Nand's defeat, ChandNi marriage and now clash of clans between Moora and Nandini.

Giving grey shades to Moora or perhaps evil shades(in this story) makes it actually more convincing and natural. All this happens in the BC's and no mother, even if she is the Queen Mother will welcome the idea of her son marrying his enemy's daughter and even if that fatefully happens, the mothers-in law make sure that the bride sees hell. Favouritism amidst daughters-in-law, plotting to separate the disliked one from her son and instigating him against his wife is all so instinctive and natural on her part. I love this actually. It is more believable. Wish they had showcased something like this in the show.  "Nandini meri Putri" nonsense was looking so fake and annoying.

Oh my God... she triggered his male ago. I sense a danger there but I wonder whether it's for naive Durdhara who is forced to spend the night against the norm and her hesitation or for Nandini on whom he might end up try forcing himself( I know, he eventually will drop the idea) or will try humiliating her for the same?

Keep it up good girl and update sooner than this, the next update(s).
JanakNandini thumbnail
Jodhu dear
Perhaps if moora was a villain other than helu andd co it could have been much better.Even Durdhara was like cupid between cn was quite shocking. ..it was very unreal...
I am planning to avoid helu. ...
Nandini and  chandra will have feelings but wpnt reveal.It will be hide and seek... Moora fonna be between them.
RTDeewani thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakNandini

Jodhu dear

Perhaps if moora was a villain other than helu andd co it could have been much better.Even Durdhara was like cupid between cn was quite shocking. ..it was very unreal...
I am planning to avoid helu. ...
Nandini and  chandra will have feelings but wpnt reveal.It will be hide and seek... Moora fonna be between them.

@bold...     A double thumbs up for that. I can't stand that woman even in fiction now. Enough of Greek gang. Making Moora as the antagonist is very much pleasing and refreshing.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic chapters Avantika 😃 Edited by Nonie12345 - 6 years ago
JanakNandini thumbnail

Important note 
Precap 

I have interesting piece of information for this ff
We will see our most hated first later loved Roopa entry in upcoming chapters..
stay tuned guys..
RTDeewani thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakNandini

Important note 
Precap 

I have interesting piece of information for this ff
We will see our most hated first later loved Roopa entry in upcoming chapters..
stay tuned guys..

I am in for the fun...update soon...😃
JanakNandini thumbnail
Thnx Jodhu for ur comment
[COLOR=BLUE ]
To be frank my dear readers I really feel this ff has not reached many...I dont know whether to continue this ff or just leave this as it is.Though i could see a handful of likes and few comments from my dedicated  readers who always support me and motivate me.
To be frank even when show was on screen , our ffs  never got that much response like how we used to get  in other forums.But only here o found a group of interested readers who read all my work without fail.So this post is for those souls who take pain to like & comment.
Here is my question to u guys
Now it is almost a month after show'S closure. I should not be expecting too much response. 
Considering all above my mind has started to ask is it worth spend time..You all know how much strain it causes to write.

Writing ff is time consuming and very tedious job.I am doubtful whether it is worth spending time as I find this ff has very low responsive rate compared to my other two ff.Inactivity really makes me think should I forgo my noon leisure time for a story ??Honestly Iam in a fix.[/COLOR]
[u]
Please share your views.I want an honest answer.I really want a convincing reply..