Love is a bane... Chandini ff A/N at last page

JanakNandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi my dearies...

I have started to write a ff almost a couple of week after cn's closure. Please do read and comment about it.
This is about why Chandra was madly in love with Nandini. I always thought what makes him to fall for her when there were many damsels around him.Why only his enemy's daughter? My imagination started to go back and probably nandini must be an reflection of his first love... Can she be?

This is an attempt to give a justification why Chandra was so madly love with Nandini...
It does have some reflection of the serial with lot of my imagination. Hope you guys love it...Dont shy away to comment upon it. Both positive and negative are warmly welcomed. I am not following the history at all. It is always been a matter of dispute regarding personal life of the Emperor.
~ Avan
Edited by JanakNandini - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JanakNandini thumbnail

Year 327 bc... Takshashila.
Chapter 1

It was a usual morning in the ashram of Chanakya. The Ashram had some 100 and above odd boys of various ages  studying under the group of eminent professors teaching political science, medicine ,economics and warfare.The head of the professors was Vishnugupt a.k.a Chanakya who was known for his strict behavior and discipline.
 He personally supervised everything in the ashram so that no student will become a vagabond after completing the studies.Timetable of chores were strictly planned and executed correctly so that the students never wasted a single minute in loitering.Chanakya saw to that that his student should not deviate even slightly from the discipline.He virtually kept them as a captive .Rich or poor , no one can flaunt their dresses or jewels. They have to wear a light brown dhoti and angavastra. Students should keep sacred ash in their forehead and tulsi beaded chain in the neck.No entertainment other than singing Bhagavad Gita ,that too only on ekadashi. There was no holidays .
 The meals were provided only once while at other times they were served with rice porridge. Chanakya believed that to conquer the world,first one has to conquer his appetite and taste buds. He was so strict at that.
  The students were classified based upon their ages and learning capacity. The best amongst all were directly tutored by Chanakya. Out of these 100 hardly 20 came under Chankaya's department.Chandragupta was in his class and was apple of his eyes.

Chandragupta maurya  entered the class quite late today. His mind was filled with anxiety thinking about the oucome at the hands of Chanakya.Though Chanakya was very fond of him,he never hesitated to punish him if he is found to deviate from his duty. Punctuality is supreme  and it is the key of success is the mantra of Chnakya.

Chandra entered the hall with heavy fear of punishment. More than physical punishment he has to face the anger in his tutor's eyes which resembles the Lord Shiva during annihilation of three cities.
As soon as he entered the class,he found students are happily chitchatting with each other . One of his friends waved his hand and called him nearby.

With mind full of questions he went near his close and trustworthy  friend Lakshman .
"Chandra, today our Guru wont be coming to the class".
"Lakshman!" Chandra paused " Is he ill?He was coughing yesterday evening when I went to give a parchment regarding medicine"
Chandra was very afraid whether his Acharya is not keeping his health well.Lakshman heard his words patiently and in chiding manner
" Bhai! You are 18 year old ,but behaving like a toddler.Let me finish.Acharya's wife Yashomati has come along with their daughter Mythili from Kausambi"
Chandra in a relieved tone but quite intuitively " Acharya 's family has come here.?Isn't it odd?"
Lakshman " Chandra what to say? Nand 's atrocity is growing day by day. He was after Acharya's family in Kaushambi. I heard he was after Mythili. To safegaurd her honor,they have fled to Takshasheela."
" Lakshman,what is new about this. Nand always lusty behind girls"
" This is not lust it seems, He wanted to marry Mythili."
"Lakshman dont joke..." Chandra in disbelief.He knows that nand always uses girls and throws like a crumpled flower.
" You have to see her,to believe my words".
The matters stood here when their leader of the class asked the students  to assemble in library and receive instructions from Assistant professor of Chanakya.

A month later, one  noon Chandra was on his way towards his room when Satyajit met him in on the way.

" Chandra, can you please hand over this parchment to our Acharya,That Malayketu is creating a scene over the food with the cook. I have to mend them amicably."
"Sure" came the reply. Satyajit was the class leader of Chandra. He has lots of leadership and management qualities . They never knew when Chandra becomes Chandragupt Maurya,Satyajit is going to be his one of the able minister.

Chandra carefully picked up the bundle of parchments and was heading his way to the Acharya's humble cottage. He noticed that the cottage was very different. It was a month ago when he came there,but now the cottage's appearance was totally changed. It used to be devoid of  plants and creepers till last month. Now it was full of flower-bearing plants and creepers.The fragrance of the flowers made him forget himself. He was spell-bounded by the appearance of the cottage and chirping of the birds.
"hm hmm" a voice broke his trance.

He turned around to see a beautiful girl of 15-year-old standing with a mud pot filled with water. She had a black eyes which was brimmed with innocence and a dimpled chin with a small black mole at right corner below the rosy lips.Her voice was so gentle and had no pride in her appearance.She was wearing a simple cotton attire.For Chandra the time stood there!

" I you" Chandra fumbled. He remembered Lakshman's words and he accepted the fact that she was so divine. Chandra remembers his mother's face which was withered with  constant coughing and crying." My mother used to be beautiful when she was young" The thoughts were going directionless.The thought of his mother broke him from inside.

Finally, Myhili broke the silence understanding the purpose of Chandra's visit" I will hand this to my father sir,don't worry",
Chandra was blushing and he thanked her.Without seeing her back he raced straight to his room. Mythili walked inside the cottage.

JanakNandini thumbnail
Press like and comment if you like my post...
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome chapter Avantika 😊
Edited by Nonie12345 - 6 years ago
Abinaya_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice start Avantika😳
The place's and characters description is good
So Chandra's first love mythili πŸ˜‰
RTDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Avantika di, this is so cool. Poor Chandra and the other disciples at Takshashila. Worse than vegetarian life. Uhu... but how daring is our ChandraπŸ˜›... He is smitten by his Guru's daughterπŸ˜ƒ. I am quite sure that Mythili is Nandini, but would love to be proven wrong. But Chandra would only ever have his eyes only for his Nandini right? Ah, now that you have kept us all in the edge.
Update soon like a good girl.
AshtaVasus thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Chandra in love at first sight ??!!
And he is a shy boy who fumbles in front of girls ???
Boy, he sure needs to grow up as an Emperor huh !!  πŸ˜†

Well, Acharya's daughter is supposed to be treated as Sisters by the Fellow Students those days.
However, if the daughter falls in love with the student, there were cases where Acharya marries his daughter to the student (like Brihaspati for example)...

So, the ball is actually in Mythili's Court - whether she will choose to look at Chandra as a Brother (oh boy) πŸ˜† or a Husband πŸ˜›...
And the final decision will be made by the Umpire Chanakya !! πŸ˜†  Now, thats a tough one. 

Nand wanting to marry Mythili ... Now you have established that Nand is a womaniser and lusting on young Mythili (and not Yashomati ??!!) ...   Lets see how long these two women escape from his clutches. 
alanta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Avantika πŸ€—
First of all Thank you for the decision to start an FF on CN again. 
The description of Gurukul, word by word I could imagine and the strict Chanakya is strict of all the teachers around. Chandra has to be really obidient and good of all to be the dearest of such a strict teacher. Well, Chandra always would come first., whether in love, or in enemity, he will be the matter of concern. 
In the whole chapter, my heart skipped a bit when I read Chandra falling for someone else than Nandini, though you had already given a clue in the epilogue, but still, I found it a little hard to accept because I am not yet out of the CN fever πŸ˜†.  

So I am trying to read this from this story's POV. 
Keep going. Waiting for the next update. 
JanakNandini thumbnail
Hi friends 
Thanks for all reAding the ff.Atlanta  abi nonie san  jodhu all have commented and asked me a same doubt.
 how chandra can love anyone else than nandini? 
A very good question.Our king will never make that mistake.He got fumbled because he never seen a girl before or he never spoke to girl.Thanks to chanakya.That is why he got blushed. ..He is going to love our nandini only but mythili is going to mistake him.Like one sided love. How he is going to manage her.How chanakya is going to deal her ...As i said before nandini is so special to him  ..But why? ? The forthcoming chapters will  give all answers.
Ipsitta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Avantika mind blowing...πŸ‘πŸ‘