Pakistani shows language?

pillowtalk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Namaste buddies, I'm Pearl from India. I watch Pakistani shows frequently (since 4 months or so). Now my question is in which language are the shows made? I mean is it Urdu or Hindi? I have watched humsafars, bashar momin, aap Kay liye etc and I can understand easily without any English subtitles! Am I missing anything?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
hey welcome here
i m gald you like paki dramas
its in urdu
there are some dialogues in english as well
but there is no hindi in our pakistani drama
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
urdu and hindi are similar and also
because in bollywood movies most of the time they use URDU specially in the songs , so thats why you could understand it easily
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Only certain words are different in urdu but are mostly the same
chik thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
The basic structure of hindi and Urdu are same, like the sentences and grammar, but hindi and Urdu have different and advanced words.

Even I started watching Pakistani dramas recently and can understand the basic language, but have difficulty understanding the advanced words...But after watching zindagi gulzar hai 3-4 times I am able to understand those worgs like muktalif, raiga... In fact love Urdu...
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: chik

The basic structure of hindi and Urdu are same, like the sentences and grammar, but hindi and Urdu have different and advanced words.

Even I started watching Pakistani dramas recently and can understand the basic language, but have difficulty understanding the advanced words...But after watching zindagi gulzar hai 3-4 times I am able to understand those worgs like muktalif, raiga... In fact love Urdu...

For this I don't defrantee between Hindi and Urdu. being an Arab woman. All I know is that Urdu has more of Arab words. this makes it easier for me to understand Urdu .
I used to listen to Indian movie songs of 90s. Sameer was my favorite lyricist. now I know that in songs, writers use urdu heavily sometimes.😃