Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Pak shows are given way better treatment even stories are repetitive and this puts them in better position. Since that sex on Pak shows on TV topic is closed on bw forum, I was too late to make any post there.
So I don't mind no intimacy there but at least before starting nine months journey, pair should be shown comfortable with each other because in previos episode they are at each other throat. Or since Pak shows are based on reality, you guys must have lot of angry sex 🥳
.Eesha. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

we definitely have had our fair share of brilliant shows..in the 90s.. TBH before Kyunki happened to her, even ekta's shows like Hum Paanch, Koshish were fabulous! by that measure, she is 0.1% better than the likes of Rashmi sharma and Gul khan😆

the pain point is not just the show makers or channel owners, but what the audience wants to see?

Many Indian shows till date start with a good concept (which obviously does not include nonsense like Nagin), but when the trps dip in the initial months, when it is still sticking to its original concept..they change it to outrageous tracks to seek it..which ranges from love triangles, quadrangles, jodi swapping, marriage ruckus, saas-bahu fights to extreme shit like nagins, bhoots, werewolves!🤢 forget fiction, even historicals and mythos have to be tampered with to gain audience attention..

++++++++++++++++
Pak shows - I believe even there the glorification of mazloom aurat is what catches people's fancy..hence Chup Raho was the highest rated show of last season?????

Beneath that gems like Jackson Heights, Mere Humdum Mere Dost go unwatched there as well

Jackson heights was very boring 😆 .
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
While good amount of shows are written properly, majority are written with the intent of commercially selling.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
theses are the same reasons i have been watching them.. amen
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Indian shows starts off well but get crappy after 6 months. Gul Khan used to be good actually I used to love how she treats her shows with unique songs and romantic BG for all her couples but she got bad since she started following the Naagin concept. Even Saurabh Tiwari shows are good for the first 6 months the musics for his shows are amazing even though storyline is cliched.
K.S. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Intoxicated.

Zindagi gulzar hai and dyar-e-dil ❤️ best Pak shows ever.

I agree..Both are MASTERPIECES👍🏼 ..Even mera naam yousuf hai is d best in its way..I love how women fought for their rights.👏
NeemKaP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Binge watched ZGH after reading about it on this thread; WOW!!! the talent, direction, writing are fantastic!!
Why cannot Indian TV go back to superior creativity than the cheap story lines, sloppy acting?? The Indian TV industry needs a huge hose to cleanup and restart.
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Its true that it is condensed in 25 episode, but a BIG fat lie that it is always about second marriage and torture. I guess I am watching different dramas as it does not contain the same in every single drama 😕. (I am watching Mann Mayal, mera yaar miladey, naraaz, Tum mere kya ho, Bhai, Gul e Rana and few more i do not remember the same). None of these dramas have the torture nor second marriage. More than half of the dramas i have seen in my life did not contain that. And even if it does contain some of the same content u can actually differentiate between the dramas. And about romance, most of the dramas that ACTUALLY contain some sort of romance never get popular because they are inspired of indian dramas. Ppl like me watching pakistani dramas are actually NOT watching it for romance, my grandmother watching are not watching it for romance. I am very very happy that pakistani drama contain minimal romance, and when there finally is romance it is not crossing any limits. Last but not the least they really are based on reality, and you can relate to the issues.

Coming to indian dramas have basically the same story. Only the first 50 episodes are different, but after those episode all indian dramas are same and some ppl cant accept the fact. I feel like THE ONLY reason why paki ppl watch indian dramas is because either they contain romance, and to waste their time and then make fun of it afterwards that is what i have noticed.
Till now i have personally ONLY liked one indian drama which is Rishta.com otherwise evry single drama turns into kaos and gets the same storyline as others, even when you skip 20-30 episodes the characters are discussing the same thing. Basically you just need to watch every 20th episode, A wedding last for 20 episodes, sometimes 50. And then the storyline might be interesting in the beginning and even exciting which i admit it is, but after 100-150 episode the concept of the drama has completely changed and basically many of the scenes are the same as all other dramas. And the characters just never die, even when sometimes main character dies they come back to life.

After saying all that alot of pakistani have the same storyline and many paki dramas can be pathetic, but really saying indian and paki are basically the same is reaaallly the biggest insult as it wud be if we said "pakistani movies from 90s are same as bollywood movies from the 90s", since pakistani movies were 🤢
Edited by -Lostindreams - 8 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I love my dramas, I had completely stopped watching when star plus came to Pakistan and as a result Pakistani producers and directors lost their mind and went down the soap route, what a disaster was that. Thank fully they regained their senses and went back to their old ways.
I read here that Pakistani dramas are just remakes of old Indian movies, sorry but I strongly disagree, I can list Indian movies that are copies of not only our dramas, stage dramas but also our crappy old movies.
The point is for Pakistani's, dramas are a more popular choice, most of the times it has stories that Pakistanis can relate to, other times it has doorsrI Biwi crap, which also is relatable lol. Coming to to romance, I love that it's subtle and not in your face, easy to watch with families. We all know whT goes down on wedding nights, we don't need to see it.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Indian soaps from initial Ekta kapoor (k) dramas on star plus were fantastic and no doubt they were good till the end. Now just too many repeat stories and don't even talk about Naagin business to me. Current drama comedy on Indian tv are really good as well.
Pakistani drama on the other hand have end in 20 to 30 episodes which is why no need to put utter bakwas in storyline. They too have their share of multiple wives, unbearable in laws , marriage with first cousin which is not norm for anyone other than Muslims. There are plenty of cliche story lines but all ends in 20 episodes so not too bad. I am seriously loving OST's. Reminds me of kyunki, kusum ,kumkum days. I am also loving Urdu language