Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I don't agree with this. I feel they're in the same league as Indian shows.

In fact, in some respects, I found certain themes pretty regressive in these shows. Like in ZGH, Zaroon basically wants Kashaf because he feels she will be the typical, demure housewife and it is shown to be completely fine. A lot of patriarchal ideas are propagated, but unlike Indian shows, they aren't portrayed to be wrong. Like Zaroon's sister who was 'modern' is supposed to tell the viewer what happens when a girl is too 'forward thinking'. His mother is also a case study in what happens when women cross the Lakshman Rekha.

In Dil-E-Muztar, the guy has a problem with his wife working and he feels his masculinity is threatened, which is never addressed as a problem. It's just accepted. 😲 This is why I couldn't sit through the entirety of these shows- slow paced and sometimes obviously regressive.

I also have a problem with how physical intimacy is demonised in them. Honestly, I got bored 'cause even holding hands was so taboo, as if it suddenly changes someone from a good to bad person. The romance was sandwiched between family drama and you had to wait a lot for it.

MidnightRambler thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

You are talking about post 2000 shows. But Indian TV shows have been around right from the 1980s. Indian films have been around for more than 100 years. Pre 2000 Indian TV shows were much better these K shows. Anyways even now majority of Pak shows center around multiple marriages, sisters fighting over one man which is pretty much like any Indian show post 2000. I think highest rated Pak show now is called Dusri Biwi...pretty self explanatory what its about.

LMAO No it's not...😆
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Well yes dramas may have same type of content but the treatment is most of the time different.
Like Mere Qatil Mere Dil Daar is about revenge taken by a woman and loved the ending.

No matter what show the OST are just amazing, among my favourite is OST from Humsafar, Mere Qatil Mere dil Daar, Tum Mere Kya ho, Aasmano Pey Likha, Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Alvida.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
To an extent I'd agree but some of the current Pakistani dramas keep focusing on one guy and two women or one woman and two guys, but they are good dramas overall. I'm glad Pakistani ones are only 20-30 episodes rather than dragging it on, though some of them have been quite slow.
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: clarity

I don't agree with this. I feel they're in the same league as Indian shows.

In fact, in some respects, I found certain themes pretty regressive in these shows. Like in ZGH, Zaroon basically wants Kashaf because he feels she will be the typical, demure housewife and it is shown to be completely fine. A lot of patriarchal ideas are propagated, but unlike Indian shows, they aren't portrayed to be wrong. Like Zaroon's sister who was 'modern' is supposed to tell the viewer what happens when a girl is too 'forward thinking'. His mother is also a case study in what happens when women cross the Lakshman Rekha.

In Dil-E-Muztar, the guy has a problem with his wife working and he feels his masculinity is threatened, which is never addressed as a problem. It's just accepted. 😲 This is why I couldn't sit through the entirety of these shows- slow paced and sometimes obviously regressive.

I also have a problem with how physical intimacy is demonised in them. Honestly, I got bored 'cause even holding hands was so taboo, as if it suddenly changes someone from a good to bad person. The romance was sandwiched between family drama and you had to wait a lot for it.

Totally agree with this,as much as I like zgh for the characters and the journey specially of kashaf's,it really had major chauvinist undertones🤢 zaroon was so angry when he got to know his friend proposed kashaf,although point to be noted she rejected him😆,but when kashaf was angry over him meeting his ex fianceee he called it overreaction😆
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

we definitely have had our fair share of brilliant shows..in the 90s.. TBH before Kyunki happened to her, even ekta's shows like Hum Paanch, Koshish were fabulous! by that measure, she is 0.1% better than the likes of Rashmi sharma and Gul khan😆
the pain point is not just the show makers or channel owners, but what the audience wants to see?

Many Indian shows till date start with a good concept (which obviously does not include nonsense like Nagin), but when the trps dip in the initial months, when it is still sticking to its original concept..they change it to outrageous tracks to seek it..which ranges from love triangles, quadrangles, jodi swapping, marriage ruckus, saas-bahu fights to extreme shit like nagins, bhoots, werewolves!🤢 forget fiction, even historicals and mythos have to be tampered with to gain audience attention..

++++++++++++++++
Pak shows - I believe even there the glorification of mazloom aurat is what catches people's fancy..hence Chup Raho was the highest rated show of last season?????

Beneath that gems like Jackson Heights, Mere Humdum Mere Dost go unwatched there as well

427050 thumbnail
the so called classics like maat,daam,dastaan are blah

zgh 👍🏼

I don't like that the women in pakistani serials mostly work as a 'majboori'..and they are never happy that they are financially independent..
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Pak Shows are so depressing and the gloomy atmosphere in each episodes makes it more horrible. After a tiring day in office I would watch something that makes me happy and acts as a stress buster. I have no problem with Daayans Nagin concept if treated well and as an individual show rather than using it as TRP gimmick. I will prefer Indian TV Shows anyday over Pak shows..!!
bonnie7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Emptyheart

Start with zindagi gulzaar hai... BTW this is the only Pakistani series I know..

Yaaar I miss Sumit Sambhal Lega 😭

Word Count: 0

bonnie7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Emptyheart

Start with zindagi gulzaar hai... BTW this is the only Pakistani series I know..

Yaaar I miss Sumit Sambhal Lega 😭

Watch Humsafar as well