What is wrong with Pakistani shows?

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Lately, i have been a little disappointed with the shows that we get to see. This year the ones that i liked were Alvida and Diyar-e-Dil. I still haven't seen Mera Naam Yousaf hai but I heard it was great as well but that's about it. Shows which have big names like Faysal Qureshi in Naraaz or Saba Qamar in Sangat are extremely disappointing shows in terms of story line. The saving grace is only the acting. No drama is able to hold my interest and reading spoilers of upcoming shows like Tum Kaun Piya are really dissatisfying. Same old bechari Bahu crap.
I can't take the Bechari ablanari shows anymore and we are in DESPERATE need of new stories.😕 Good acting alone can not save a drama from being a flop. Pakistani shows need the something new flavor, I don't know about you guys but I am REALLY bored.

Old ptv dramas that casted Sania Saeed, Humayun Saeed & Nadia Jamil were so good. I can honestly watch them 10 times and not get bored but these days, i forward everything and watch shows in 5 minutes.

I want good tv shows.🤢
Edited by Meeph - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I love Saba Qamar but I've not watched Sangat I can't watch the show :/ I watch Ek Thi Misaal, Preet Na Kariyo Koi, Gul E Rana, and from Geo I watch Sada Sukhi Raho (I have to watch it since mum watches it but the actress is so off putting, her lips put me off!).

Some of them are like love triangles or two wives. Mera Dard Na Jane Koi and Ishq Benaam I've been watching as well but both are just too OTT.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
agree ... about the contents of the show. It has been bechari female lead ... i also agree on the humayn saeed as an actor along with few older actors.. i really enjoy Humayun's presence on screen ,his voice is also powerful . New tiny petite girls who look like just ran out of primary school is also not so fun. I like girls and guys with physical presence where they are not 30 kg with clothes and shoes on and 4 feet tall.
subject matter is that too many shows now a days ... even a new subject is bound to get chewed up...
FQ's naraz has been a blah ... i am trying hard to watch but its a struggle to get i to ,bhigi palkein is little more intresting with all masala but its nothing new, aitraz started with newness but turned in to pingpong game. misaal has been good right now .. i also FF most of the shows recently. some of the old i can keep on watching over and over
rosesforyou thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
An end of the year overview of the dramas in 2015

Very disappointing! 😭🤢