Why are they all remaking Subhash Ghai's old films?

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago

It's Official! Bhansali To Remake Ghai's Khalnayak

Rachana Dubey Sharma | 17 Nov 2015 6:39 PM

Reads
Beats Karan Johar to the winning post
The remake of Subhash Ghai's 1993 drama Khalnayak has been on the wish list of many directors, including Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Karan Johar.

Image source: facebook/BoxOfficeCapsule

Now, it's confirmed - Bhansali has bagged the rights for the remake. Ghai told 9xe, "Principally, I have already given the nod to Bhansali. He will remake Khalnayak in his own grand way."

Buzz is, the Bajirao Mastani director offered Rs. 9 crore for the remake rights. The development happened some weeks ago, when the two filmmakers met over lunch at Ghai's house. "We haven't spoken about the money or signed papers but I've given him the go-ahead. His vision for the remake is outstanding. I'm sure he'll do justice to my story," the filmmaker added.

Image source: Manav Manglani

Karan Johar, who has already bought the rights of Ghai's Ram Lakhan, had also expressed interest in remaking Khalnayak. Not just that, Ghai was also approached by two other filmmakers for the project (Three contenders for Khalnayak 2 - Ghai, Bhansali and Karan Johar, January 27). But then, the filmmaker himself was considering making Khalnayak 2 with Sanjay Dutt.

With this, Khalnayak is the latest Ghai film to be remade. It all began when his Karz was remade in 2008. His 1983 hit Hero was remade this year with Sooraj Pancholi and Athiya Shetty, and Rohit Shetty is all set to direct the remake of Ram-Lakhan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Isn't Khalnayak still fresh in the minds of people? It's not a 70s-80s film either. πŸ˜•
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Its not as if these films were great anyway.
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh God, imagine if they rope in someone like Sonam again to fill Madhuri's shoes. Bollywood will die a painful death. πŸ˜† I can't imagine anyone grooving to Choli Ke Peeche.
448368 thumbnail
I can totally see Aalia gyrating to choli k peeche..KJO wants Aalia to hve a image makeover.
Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
They are remaking films which shouldn't have been made in the first place...
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
These filmmakers ran out of their own original ideas so desperately remaking Ghai's blockbusters in the hope of making some big bucks. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
Why cant they hire some good writers or are there no more good writers in BW? πŸ˜•
Why dont they adapt some classic novel by some famous author, recent or old one? Why remake Ghai's mediocre movies which undeservingly became big hits? πŸ₯±

OMG! Imagine Alia dancing to Choli ke peechhey...πŸ˜† Horror Story! πŸ˜†
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Coldplaying

They are remaking films which shouldn't have been made in the first place...

Khalnayak and Hero were really good films. Surprised you have an issue with them. LOL.. If you ask me, films that should've never been made are films like PRDP, HNY, Ra.1, Dhoom 3, Kick etc. etc. Now these directors should be brought up on crimes against humanity.
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Aye Chal by remaking this awesome filam they will destroy it. And what's the use of remaking old classic movies they shldn't be touched at all. 😑
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Choli ke peeche kya hai?

DP: Jitna kuch bhi hai usko red circle matt karo. #Mychoice.
Katrina: Bahut kuch hai jisko main jiggle karti rahti hoon. #Itemnumberqueen
Sonam: Dikhane ka koi faida nahi hai.#Bewakoofian. Mujhe loge tho flop honi hi hai movie.
Alia: Dekha na Shandaar mein.
Edited by Error_404 - 8 years ago