Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Farah, you quoted Umera's answer about differentiating between Salar and Umer's love and asked for opinions, right? I think she considered Salar's love true because well.. the first evidence lies in PeK itself. Remember the last part where Imama said that Salar's love for her was truer than her love for Jalal which is why even after loads of prayers and tries, she did not get Jalal in her life? Salar's love for Imama was honestly an epitome of true love. He waited for her for nine years, didn't give up hope. Ramsha was honestly a nice woman suitable for Salar but he didn't think anything baout marrying her. Like who the hell wouldn't be hopeless in the span of nine years.. everyone from his parents to Furqan wanted him to marry but he wasn't to be moved. Sikandar Usman told Imama that Salar died which was kind of the last straw but he still refused to marry anyone. For nine years, he remained true to the nikaah that helf him and Imama together. He was a settles man in his life and marriage was the only thing left.. I think that's where his true love lies. Most importantly, he changed himself because of Imama's words.

Furqan: Tum usay bhool jao

Salar: Koi saans lena bhi bhool sakta hai?

I mean just read these dialogues. It may be ordinary but in their story, it sounded so much more meaningful. From just a handful of 5-6 meetings, he fell in lover with her and didn't marry anyone although there were high chances of Imama being with Jalal in his view.

Coming to Umer's love, well.. He was with Judith despite the fact that the only person to reside in his heart was Aleeza. Man, he lived with Judith, he cared about her, said that he loved her, but in reality he didn't. There's no doubt his love was kind of eternal and undying.. he loved Aleeza wth the same intensity till his last breath. But he didn't stay true to his love.. he was involved with Judith too. The key concept is the same thing that Umera said.. Men do not change themselves for women, not matter how much they love them. Despite his passionate love, he didn't give up his civil service or anything. Although it was easy.. he could have left the service, married Aleeza and probably have lived a happily ever after with her abroad. But he didn't.. that doesn't make his love any less passionate but the thing is that when he knew his faults, he didn't correct them.. he chose someone for Aleeza better than himself. The emotions we get, the heartbreak towards the end when we know about Umer's real motives/sacrifice is all because his love was intense and riled a storm of emotions in readers. He loved Aleeza but for her, he couldn't give up his luxurious life. Ek tarhan se I think he was involved with Judith because she was a mature woman who wasn't seeking Umer's love. While it was opposite with Aleeza..she did love him but it was more getting than giving in their situation. Aleeza's situation demanded more love from him.. there was no guarantee about him being treated like a loved one at all times. Had they been together, it would have mostly been giving on Umer's side and receiving on Aleeza's side. So with Judith, at least he got the love and a healthy/sane relationship he probably needed. Sirf Aleeza hi nahin, Umer too grew up without love, so he did need his share of care as well which only Judith could give him. In his and Aleeza's case, the age difference resulted in Umer being the the giver while Aleeza the receiver adding to Aleeza's oversensitive nature. So I guess that explains ke why Umer's love wasn't true. I definitely don't consider it true love when anyone side is involved with someone else no matter what the reason is.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: farahs_6

Zaya... I told my reasons for not liking Junaid much.. Now u tell...why did u like Junaid?

Main ne itni tou Junaid ki tareef ki hai with reasons on previous pages, aur kya reasons doon? :p I understand where you and Ash come from.. two of my friends read Amarbail and they practically prayed ke Aleeza aur Junaid ki shaadi na ho while I was kind of happy/sad both when they made up after the cancelation drama of Aleeza. xD I know my view differs. I love him because he is Junaid Ibrahim man. He's so sweet and he was the guy Umer chose for Aleeza.. how could I not like him? 😭

Will definitely think about the reasons why I like him and tell you guys. Bas larai nahin karna.. Junaid is so endearing.. I can't dislike him at any cost.
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Farah, you quoted Umera's answer about differentiating between Salar and Umer's love and asked for opinions, right? I think she considered Salar's love true because well.. the first evidence lies in PeK itself. Remember the last part where Imama said that Salar's love for her was truer than her love for Jalal which is why even after loads of prayers and tries, she did not get Jalal in her life? Salar's love for Imama was honestly an epitome of true love. He waited for her for nine years, didn't give up hope. Ramsha was honestly a nice woman suitable for Salar but he didn't think anything baout marrying her. Like who the hell wouldn't be hopeless in the span of nine years.. everyone from his parents to Furqan wanted him to marry but he wasn't to be moved. Sikandar Usman told Imama that Salar died which was kind of the last straw but he still refused to marry anyone. For nine years, he remained true to the nikaah that helf him and Imama together. He was a settles man in his life and marriage was the only thing left.. I think that's where his true love lies. Most importantly, he changed himself because of Imama's words.

Furqan: Tum usay bhool jao

Salar: Koi saans lena bhi bhool sakta hai?

I mean just read these dialogues. It may be ordinary but in their story, it sounded so much more meaningful. From just a handful of 5-6 meetings, he fell in lover with her and didn't marry anyone although there were high chances of Imama being with Jalal in his view.

Coming to Umer's love, well.. He was with Judith despite the fact that the only person to reside in his heart was Aleeza. Man, he lived with Judith, he cared about her, said that he loved her, but in reality he didn't. There's no doubt his love was kind of eternal and undying.. he loved Aleeza wth the same intensity till his last breath. But he didn't stay true to his love.. he was involved with Judith too. The key concept is the same thing that Umera said.. Men do not change themselves for women, not matter how much they love them. Despite his passionate love, he didn't give up his civil service or anything. Although it was easy.. he could have left the service, married Aleeza and probably have lived a happily ever after with her abroad. But he didn't.. that doesn't make his love any less passionate but the thing is that when he knew his faults, he didn't correct them.. he chose someone for Aleeza better than himself. The emotions we get, the heartbreak towards the end when we know about Umer's real motives/sacrifice is all because his love was intense aMa sha Allah ''' cute baby love. While it was opposite with Aleeza..she did love him but it was more getting than giving in their situation. Aleeza's situation demanded more love from him.. there was no guarantee about him being treated like a loved one at all times. Had they been together, it would have mostly been giving on Umer's side and receiving on Aleeza's side. So with Judith, at least he got the love and a healthy/sane relationship he probably needed. Sirf Aleeza hi nahin, Umer too grew up without love, so he did need his share of care as well which only Judith could give him. In his and Aleeza's case, the age difference resulted in Umer being the the giver while Aleeza the receiver adding to Aleeza's oversensitive nature. So I guess that explains ke why Umer's love wasn't true. I definitely don't consider it true love when anyone side is involved with someone else no matter what the reason is.

When u say..Umar was involved with Judith? What do u mean exactly? I mean..in which sense...u say tht he was involved with Judith? Yea..true tht he definitely had an illegtimate or physical relationship with her..and he liked her too, genuinely..but do u think he was involved with her, in that sense, even low in intensity? I think he liked her..yes...as we have a genuine liking or attachment for our friends..here its somewhat different coz they had a physical relationship too... But..i dont think there was any sort of love from his side..because he was too deeply emotionally in love with aleeza... Plus..he never thought of marrying Judith even ...like when Junaid talked abt him getting married to judith...he was surprised at tht bit..when junaid said does judith also thinks the same abt your non marriage plans? To which umar said..what it has to do with her? Then junaid said tht..why ? Werent u always interested in judith? Then he obviously said. In front of junaid yea i am...( what else he could say in front of junaid?) but i wouldnt marry..and in my civil service i cant marry a foreigner...tht scene , esp his surprise when junaid mentioned judith.., regd marriage ...i think tells a lot he was not really tht much into judith... Yea he liked her, and had a physical relationship but nothing more than tht...

Plus..even if no civil service... Firstly i think he would have never married as he always said tht he would never marry..even if he ever did...i dont think he would ever marry judith...why i think he would hv never married judith? .coz...i think he would know tht his marrying judith would still pinch aliza somewhere tht aliza would he rejected aliza because of judith... So i dont know why..but i have this feeling tht he would never marry judith even if he ever decided to marry...tht it would hurt aliza...what are ur thoughts abt it?
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Regd umera's answer abt salar and umer's love... Umera said tht salar's love is more pure and umar's love is more intense
Zaya.. I agree with everythng u said abt salar and umar's love... And tht is the reason i would have said tht umar's love is more pure in the sense tht it was more selfless...he thought of aliza's happiness over his own...and hence sacrificed..otherwise he could easily get aliza and be happy..for himself for time being tht he got his love..no matter what happens afterwards..whether they break up or whatever...

Salar's love was more intense in the sense(according to my view) tht he was ready to do any thing to get Imama... He wanted imama at any cost..whether she would be more happy with him or jalal..but he wanted her...he was more passionate abt her...hence i would have said tht his love was more intense..and waited for her all these years, and didnt lose hope, which is in itself a remarkable thing

But Dnt u think sacrifising ur love is more difficult? Even when u know its easiest for u to get your love..no zalim samaj or anything..and tht too getting ur loved hooked to you own best friend?

Or maybe i am bit too biased in favor of umar...he is my all time fav character or my first fictional love lolll...so dont mind my bias... Although i love salar a lot too.. He is my sec fav..infact i hated imama in aab e hayat a lot...bcoz of her tantrums..to salar...but umar still tops my list...

Regarding the thing...tht Umar didnt change himself for aleeza..well..i agree with what umera said tht men never change themselves for women.. Infact if we see... Salar also didnt change for imama..he changed due to imama or she was an influencing factor but he changed for Allah only... He didnt not change himself to marry imama...when he realised his love for imama, he had alteady changed by tht time... His scene at margalla hill was the main point...change tu woh Allah ke darr se hi hua tha.. Imama ki wajah or influence se change hua tha lekin imama ke liye nahi... Salar turned to religion, hence changed

Salar and imama got the motivation to change themselves due to religion, Allah ke liye..in umar's life there was no influence or talk of religion..hence he never got the much needed push to change ... And umar being in a live in relationship with judith also signifies his lack of religiosity or morals..more than anything ellse...he saw no harm in it... A person with even an inch of religious influence would never do such a thing.. But he had no concept of good or bad,.. He decided he cant get aliza..so he didnt see any harm in satisfying his physical needs... Wrong yes... I totally agree... But uski zindagi main sahi ghalat ka hi tu koi concept nahi tha...yehi tu sara masla tha...

I dont know what i am saying... Kisi cheez ki koi sense banti bhi nai ya nahi? But...Ab pata nahi..umera ne intensity ya purity se kia exactly matlab liya hai? Ya kia interpretation li hai ...tht umera thinks ke umar 's love was more intense... I would have been perfectly ok...if she only said tht salar's love was more true/ pure ...tht i am fine with.. I understand ...but the fact tht umera said tht umar's love was more intense than salar's? How is umar's love more intense than tht of salar? Intensity tu passion se nahi aati? And salar was definitely more passionate abt imama, in my eyes.. He could literally do anything to get imama...while umar was more sacrifcing in his love...

Sorry for the long post or if i just kept repeating things.. I dont know what i said or whether it made any sense at all?

farahs_6 thumbnail

It remains a question mark honestly. At times, I feel like he wouldn't know what Aleeza felt but at times, I feel like like he knew Aleeza in and out, how could he not know that Aleeza was just pretending to hate, just under the illusion that she hated him when in reality she was still the same Aleeza dependent upon Umer Jahangir for support, the same who couldn't bear the thought of him dying? Maybe he know and maybe he didn't. Honestly, Aleeza said so much to him that Umer may have thought she really hated him.

Umer Jahangir is my favourite character no doubt. But as I said, he is a dark, deep and kind of black character which is something I love about him. However, he does not stand first in my list of fictional crushes/obsessions.. Jihan Sikandar has the first spot xD Fictional crushes are different kind of characters.. the one that you fangirl about, Mr Darcy kind, you know. But Umer Jahangir is a literary character is every sense. If you tell me to choose a literary, close to reality character, the one with whom I emotionally connect, the answer will be Umer Jahangir ofc.

I think Umar would have definitely known this tht aliza was more frustrated at him rejecting her..aur us ka ghussa bhi doosti baaton ke saath nikal raha hai... Because he definitely knew her inside out...he didnt need alizas words to know what she feels abt him... Even if he got hurt.by her words.he, deep inside would surely know tht aliza can never hate him truly

farahs_6 thumbnail

Main ne itni tou Junaid ki tareef ki hai with reasons on previous pages, aur kya reasons doon? :p I understand where you and Ash come from.. two of my friends read Amarbail and they practically prayed ke Aleeza aur Junaid ki shaadi na ho while I was kind of happy/sad both when they made up after the cancelation drama of Aleeza. xD I know my view differs. I love him because he is Junaid Ibrahim man. He's so sweet and he was the guy Umer chose for Aleeza.. how could I not like him? 😭

Will definitely think about the reasons why I like him and tell you guys. Bas larai nahin karna.. Junaid is so endearing.. I can't dislike him at any cost.

Aray larai ka tu koi sawaal hi nahi...lol...or maybe i might get convinced by yourr reasons of liking Junaid...lol...though ke woh kuch mushkil hai...but umeed par dunya qaym hai loll...

Haan lekin you have a strong point when u say tht he is the guy umar chose for aleeza...tu koi ghalat aadmi tu choose nahi karay ga... I know he was a nice person but its just tht i think aleeza wasnt in his top priority list...aur agar kisi aur larki ki baat hoti tu it wouldnt have mattered at all...as every marriage cant be love marriage..but its just tht i think she deserved undivided love and attention, for which she craved all her life... She truly deserved someone as caring as umar for her, minus his negative points.. A person like junaid, but for whom aliza could be as important as she was for umar, lolll
farahs_6 thumbnail

One more thing... Do u ppl think..tht aliza did the right thing by telling juniad tht she loved umar, earlier? At tht time..umar was also alive... After coming to know tht junaid was umar's best friend..and she agreed to marryn junaid..at tht time..should she have told junaid tht she loved umar? Wasnt it better if she didnt tell junaid abt it? Also..had umar not died...do u guys think..tht junaid would have agreed to marry aliza then, after knowing this from aliza? He was about to talk to umar abt it..but never got the chance..but if they had talked...would juniad have ever agreed to marry aliza then, even if umar told him tht he didnt love aliza?
farahs_6 thumbnail
Also, sometimes...i wonder...did judith do the right thing by telling aliza in the end...tht umar loved aliza? I mean..she was just about to get married to junaid... She had her mind set tht umar didnt love her..he was interested in judith and aur ye ke bas uska hona hi kaafi tha aliza ke liye, even if he didnt love her... But now tht she knew tht umar loved her, and then obv she would later also know the reason through nano, why he did all tht? Now tht when she was abt to get married to junaid..wouldnt this knowledge of umar's love make her life more difficult ? She would be even more guilty tht she had hurt him so badly in his life..accusing him of trying to ruin her life..and now she knows tht he loved her...it would make it more difficult to adjust with junaid, atleast forsome time...so i wonder whether it was wise of judith to tell her at tht time tht umar loved aliza?
Also, after all tht happened...will aliza and junaid be able to lead a normal married life? Aliza after knowing tht umar loved her...and will junaid be able to forget tht aliza loved umar?
farahs_6 thumbnail

Despite his passionate love, he didn't give up his civil service or anything. Although it was easy.. he could have left the service, married Aleeza and probably have lived a happily ever after with her abroad.

I dont think he did not marry Aleeza just because of civil service and the nature of his job... I think it was his overall personality and his own temperament and nature / lifestyle which led to his refusal to marry Aliza...because if we remember what he said to Nano, he said tht i cant be a good husband or a good father... Mera temperament is tarah ka hai ke main usay khush nahi rakh sakta.. I can be a good friend but not a good husband to her.. He said my personality is built on paradoxes unlike junaid ..who is very caring in nature...he said ke main aliza uar umar jaisy aur bachay nahi chahta...aur apnay aur aliza ke rishtey main compromise main bhi nahi chahta...ofcourse he talked abt his job also tht i would have to do many things in my job which aliza did not like... But i think he was more concerned abt his own personality than his job.. Aready by the end, he had almost left his job...he was going abroad by taking ex pak leave, and planned to do studies, and who knows whether he would have returned or not? Most probably he wouldnt have returned because then he could not a avoid junaid or aliza for long.. I think aliza's marriage was also a main factor why he planned to leave and tht too before aliza's marriage, coz i think he couldnt see tht himself... So in a way, by the end he had almost already left civil service ... Isnt it? Or u think he could have returned?
farahs_6 thumbnail
Zaya... Still waiting for ur review on aliza's character and most importantly as u also said, on umar alizas relationship..the real beauty of this novel... Yes... I am tht velliπŸ˜› Wont let u forget it πŸ˜›