Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@RisingAsh u also must do a detailed character analysis of umar jehangir ...and aliza also... After all we have waited for so long for both of u to be free.. So now pay penaltyπŸ˜† And do detailed character analysis of umar, aliza, and then their relationship...
farahs_6 thumbnail
RisingAsh & ZaYalicious where hv u both disappeared again? Want to discuss soo much more abt Amarbail.. RisingAsh come up with ur character analysis soon... Can u ppl believe it? I hav re read this whole thread again to remember what we were discussing earlier.. RisingAsh... U hv a lot more to discuss...coz u had left soon after completing the novel... Only me and lovefawad discussed diff aspects of novel and some questions we had in mind...
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey hey hey Farah ! Yes.. I am here.. I am just busy these with, again , some stuff during my holidays.. lol.. review on the characters kuch time baad dun toh chalega ? πŸ˜›
Filhal we will discuss what you want us to.. pucho kia puchna chahte ho.. :)
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
I think you asked recently that if Umar would have married someone after Aleeza's death or even if no one died..
My answer would be no.. cuz going by his thoughts and sayings throughout the novel, he never wanted to get married or be into any kind of relationship that will make him its slave .. cuz he wanted to stay free.. always.. though he always gave this as the sole reason.. but internally, the only thing why he refused to marry Aleeza was her well-being only.. so that she doesn't live a life like his mom Zara..
Now regarding his relationship with Judith, that was genuine but not of a longlasting one.. I personally feel k woh uss relation ko ek point pe akar khatam kar deta .. cuz he was never sure whenever he was asked about getting married.. hamesha baat taal deta tha.. so.. in that way, I feel he would have stayed alone akhir tak..

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
N yes.. Zaya told what she thought about the title.. but have both done it ? Agar nahi toh please go ahead.. I would like to know everyone's interpretation regarding this..

And btw.. you guys can call me Ash :)
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Ash...character analysis ke liye thora mazeeed waiit?... Nahi bilkol nahi chalay ga..πŸ˜†. Us ke liye hi tu itna ziada wait kiya hai... πŸ˜†... Do it..at the earliest, πŸ˜› ..character analsys se bhaagnay bilkol nahi dun gi πŸ˜† aur discussions tu saath saath chalti hi rahein gi... πŸ˜›
Also, dont u have any questions regd the novel?
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

N yes.. Zaya told what she thought about the title.. but have both done it ? Agar nahi toh please go ahead.. I would like to know everyone's interpretation regarding this..

And btw.. you guys can call me Ash :)

Abt the title.. As i think mentioned earlier also..tht Umera said in one of the interviews tht title is related to bureaucracy..and corruption...tht how corruption is a never ending bail and how its eating up our society...so tht is why Umera chose this title...umera told tht Amtul, the editor of shuaa digest wanted the title to be changed , and Amtul wanted the name Tanha chand...because theres already a novel by the name of amarbail by Bano qudsia, but Umera insisted on this title...Amarbail
farahs_6 thumbnail
Zaya... I told my reasons for not liking Junaid much.. Now u tell...why did u like Junaid?
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Popo.

Dekho I'm not a Aiza/Imran fan, so the news of their new drama didn't excite me. Plus, I don't read any other writer except Umera and Nimra (and sometimes Farhat), so I don't know about these airay geray writers ki novels. If I find the promos of any novel-based drama interesting, I read the novel before the show starts.. for instance, Aunn Zara, Mohabbat Subh Ka Sitara Hai. There has to be a pull in the promos to get me into reading these underrated writers ki books XD Meri demands bauhat high hain because I got into Urdu novels with Amarbail/PeK/JKP tou ab yeh ainvayi ki writers fail to impress me.. and you know what kind of stories get published in digests. Itna ghatya Indian drama type romance hota hai and that's the major reason why my mum has forbidden me to get these monthly digests from the akhbaar wala :p

I found out about Gul e Rana's novel from the thread on IF and since Zafri and Adeel's tactics made me interested in the show, I decided to read the novel per print itna kharab tha -.- If you've the link to a good print, please pm me. I really want to read the novel, itni curiosity nahin achi lagti mujhe :p

Popo, are you reading Namal? It's Nimra's currently publishing novel. I need someone to discuss it with me. It has Nimra's magic.. the characters are so amazing. And the villain is like highly inspired from Harvey of Suits.. ab tou tum zaroor parhogi xD

Word Count: 0

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: farahs_6

Wow..wow...beautiful
Ok..about Zara.. I think he did love her.. As u said he didnt want to have contact with her..because it would mean revisiting all his pain of childhood.. But ther were few instances which showed he reallr cared for her..though never showed it to her.. When jehangir marrried for the third time, and naana said in front of him, ke ye models ghar nahi basaati...umar in an instant defended zara...tht meri maa ko kabhi model mat samjhye ga.. Jo aurat jehangir maaz jaisy insan ke saath 12 saal guzar sakti hai..woh poori zindagi bhi guzar sakti hai.. Meri maa ne ye koshish ki thee lekin paapa main wafadari naam ki koi cheez nahi thee...and his death scene..where he thought of zara, along with aleeza... Plus he had zara's photpograph in his wallet..so definitely he did love her, inside..

About aliza's hate.. I think in their last confrontation scene, when aliza blamed him for ruining her life..i think he definitely got hurt by her words..but i think he still deep down he would have known..tht she loved him and tht she is only pretending, even to herself.. Because i think umar knew aliza too well.. I think he would know...

He truly is a fascinating character.. S. Realistic.. I think his character is the most well etched character of umera ahmed, as u said, because it had so many layers..but i think even umera ahmed doesnt realise what a character she has developed in him, because she rates her other characters more highly than him

@bold: Yeah I remembered these instances later and realised that I had forgotten them while writing the review and hence was confused. But he did pretend to hate her or not to care about her because well.. some resentment was still there and he wanted to lead a life without his parents.. completely detached from his past.

It remains a question mark honestly. At times, I feel like he wouldn't know what Aleeza felt but at times, I feel like like he knew Aleeza in and out, how could he not know that Aleeza was just pretending to hate, just under the illusion that she hated him when in reality she was still the same Aleeza dependent upon Umer Jahangir for support, the same who couldn't bear the thought of him dying? Maybe he know and maybe he didn't. Honestly, Aleeza said so much to him that Umer may have thought she really hated him.

Umer Jahangir is my favourite character no doubt. But as I said, he is a dark, deep and kind of black character which is something I love about him. However, he does not stand first in my list of fictional crushes/obsessions.. Jihan Sikandar has the first spot xD Fictional crushes are different kind of characters.. the one that you fangirl about, Mr Darcy kind, you know. But Umer Jahangir is a literary character is every sense. If you tell me to choose a literary, close to reality character, the one with whom I emotionally connect, the answer will be Umer Jahangir ofc.