Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: LoveFawad

Now coming to Omar, he would have invested his energy in finding out who wronged her by hook or crook. But mentally he would have been sad, very sad. But I dont think Jahangir/ayaz or anybody who did not know his love for allezah would ever have guessed his predicaments.

I imagine he would cry, torment himself, drink a lot.
And Omar would never have married Judy. He might have even left Pakistan permanently.
Frankly I think just as Aleezah moved on with Junaid, Omar would have done the same. Its almost like loosing a parent/sibling (for normal people), you would be sad, a part of you would no longer be with you, but the sad reality is life goes on.

I think..even if Aleeza had not died, and Umar would have lived, and not died, just like he was going abroad anyways... I dont think Umar would have married Judith then, either..even with Aliza marrying Junaid.. He might have married someone else..or most probably not married any one at all, as he always said tht i would never marry... As it is, he already had an illegitimate relationship with Judith..sonhe was not losing on any thing, by not marrying.. I dont think he would have ever committed to a long term relationship

Why do i say..tht i think..he would not have married Judith...is because..he might still not have wanted to hurt Aliza in a way, tht she would hv thought, he rejected Aliza because of Judith.. Umar knew how she was always jealous of Judith, and even cried during her engagement night tht how could u give my place to judith in your life? So i think he knew...tht his marrage to judith would hurt aliza, more than, him marring anyone else. S i think he would have avoided it, anyways...

Also, do u remember last scene of junaid and umar in a restaurant..after junaid and aliza's marriage was fixed again after all the fiasco? In tht scene, when Umar was teasing Junaid, about how everyone becomes so obedient after marriage, and gave example of Abbas and Tania, junaid taunted him by saying...ok..i will see...how you woudnt do the same, after getting married... To tht .umar replied...tht i would never marry... And when Junaid asks about Judith..tht does she also have same ideas? Umar surprisingly asked...what does Judith have to do with all this? Then Junaid..said..tht why isnt she involved in the matter? U were always interested in judith... Then umar made up, and said..yea maybe, if i ever want to marry, maybe i get married to her... Ofcourse he would never have told junaid tht i have always loved aliza and not junaid... So going by his first reaction, when junaid mentioned junaid, tht does she have same ideas regd marriage...he was surprised, at judith being mentioned, so i dont think he had any plans of getting married to judith, and it was partky due to the fact tht he thought tht aliza would not have liked it..even if Aliza acted indifferent
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Do u think, if Aliza would have died...Umar would have left civil service and his life style and power of being a bureaucrat, for ever? Because he knew...tht Aliza hated these..so i think he might have left all this, and would have felt guilty, all his life tht he hurt her, and even would have cursed himself tht if she had such a short life..he should have gotten married to her, and tried to keep her happy, instead hurting her, because of his job and his lifestyle.. What do u think?
farahs_6 thumbnail
Ok..in one of the question answer session only of umera ahmed by her one..heres a question tht was posted to her and an answer by her
Q- Which form of love is more true or genuine? Umar's love for Aliza or Salar's love for Imaama? Which love had more intensity and purity?

A- Umar's love for Aleeza is more intense and Salar's love for Imama is more pure.

Lolll.. I had thought the opposite.. I thought tht umar's love was more pure and salar's love was more intense.. But Umera Ahmed gave the opposite.. Someone plz explain me her answer, and her reason for saying so...
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: farahs_6

Do u think, if Aliza would have died...Umar would have left civil service and his life style and power of being a bureaucrat, for ever? Because he knew...tht Aliza hated these..so i think he might have left all this, and would have felt guilty, all his life tht he hurt her, and even would have cursed himself tht if she had such a short life..he should have gotten married to her, and tried to keep her happy, instead hurting her, because of his job and his lifestyle.. What do u think?

I think Omar was anyway going to leave civil service, he no longer enjoyed the power he used to with change in political scenario. I think his reservation for Aleezah was more because of his professional problems, he knew Aleezah accepted him as he was even though she knew he smoked,drank had an illegitimate affair with Judy, but still she wanted to marry him. I think they could have married if Omar left bureaucracy. But Omar was very strong willed, he worked in london and did not like the lifestyle, he wanted a luxurious life. He had the choice.He had degree. He had all the option in the world to live a life unlike his father, but he made a conscious choice to live in Pakistan. After Zara he never had a relationship with anyone, as he once said to nano, he doesnt need to know how to present himself and his family to world, he needed someone to tell him how to deal with pressure. He never had that someone. Although he learnt enough in his 8 years of service which action of his was moral and what will get him in trouble, but by then he was inebriate by the power and did not want to leave. I think if Junaid was not in the scene,i.e. if Junaid died,only then Omar might have thought about marrying Aleezah now that he was anyway out of bureaucracy. Other wise no I dont think in any circumstance would he have ever wanted to marry Aleezah.
meandwho thumbnail

Sajal Aly

I think the 26 years old Omar wanted to marry Aleezah. He saw his young vulnerable self in Aleezah. He wanted to protect her from every hurt he faced. He helped her develop better as a person after he left for america at 26. But gradually as his choices became hard, he understood he cant marry her. Maybe that was when he decided that he did not want what Zara went through while married to Jahangir to ever happen to Aleezah.
I think his love was very pure, his love for alezah exceeded his love for himself. He wanted someone better than himself/Osama for Aleezah and he gifted her Junaid.

farahs_6 thumbnail

I think Omar was anyway going to leave civil service, he no longer enjoyed the power he used to with change in political scenario. I think his reservation for Aleezah was more because of his professional problems, he knew Aleezah accepted him as he was even though she knew he smoked,drank had an illegitimate affair with Judy, but still she wanted to marry him. I think they could have married if Omar left bureaucracy. But Omar was very strong willed, he worked in london and did not like the lifestyle, he wanted a luxurious life. He had the choice.He had degree. He had all the option in the world to live a life unlike his father, but he made a conscious choice to live in Pakistan. After Zara he never had a relationship with anyone, as he once said to nano, he doesnt need to know how to present himself and his family to world, he needed someone to tell him how to deal with pressure. He never had that someone. Although he learnt enough in his 8 years of service which action of his was moral and what will get him in trouble, but by then he was inebriate by the power and did not want to leave. I think if Junaid was not in the scene,i.e. if Junaid died,only then Omar might have thought about marrying Aleezah now that he was anyway out of bureaucracy. Other wise no I dont think in any circumstance would he have ever wanted to marry Aleezah.

Yes..his profession was a major reason, why he chose not to marry Aleeza..but it was not the only reason.. I think his own temparament, his personality were an important aspect of him refusing to marry Aliza... Because, if u remember, in the scene where he talked to nano, abt his refusal to marry aliza, he said tht my temperamant, my lifestyle would not suit aliza.. I am unfit fotr relationships.. My personality is built on paradoxes unlike junaid.. I can be a good friend to aliza, but not a good husband... The way he grew up, had left long lasting impact on his personality.. The reasons he gave to nano, were more related to his own personality, than his job.. Ofcourse, he did mention tht i have to do many things in my job which she dislikes...but then he did say tht both, myself and aliza have incomplete personalities, and two such people cant make a happy family... I think he thought tht aliza had mostly seen his good side, like as a caring friend to her, but maybe he wouldnt have been able to give her the same care, permanentky given his own temparament issues, and tht would hurt her.., which he did not want...

Infact the same question was asked to umera... I 'll check if i can find her response... Yes..got it

Q- if umar loved her so much, why couldnt he change himself for her?

1 If Umar Jehangir could have changed himself for a woman, he would not have been Umar Jehangir :) Men hardly change themselves no matter how passionately they love a woman. They woo and win women with their passion not by changing themselves. Yeah, we are that silly and vulnerable :) Women change themselves to win men's heart. He knew Aleeza like the back of his hand and he knew that if they get married, his life style is going to torment her immensely and tht is one thing, he could never do to her

Here also, umera mentions his life style in general, and not his job

What i meant by question, to you, tht if aleeza had died, maybe out of guilt, of hurting her, he would have thought tht maybe i should have married her, and not hurt her, if she had such a short life...not tht he would have actually married her, if she was alive... He had no plans of marrying her... But what i meant..tht when some loved one dies, we do sometimes blame ourselves, and think of doing things, differently than we did..which one never thinks of doing so.. Sometimes, we blame ourselves, for hurting our loved ones, when they are no more
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail

I think the 26 years old Omar wanted to marry Aleezah. He saw his young vulnerable self in Aleezah. He wanted to protect her from every hurt he faced. He helped her develop better as a person after he left for america at 26. But gradually as his choices became hard, he understood he cant marry her. Maybe that was when he decided that he did not want what Zara went through while married to Jahangir to ever happen to Aleezah.

I think his love was very pure, his love for alezah exceeded his love for himself. He wanted someone better than himself/Osama for Aleezah and he gifted her Junaid.

Yes.. You are right.. I think the younger umar, in the past story, he fell in love with her and got attracted..but maybe he always had tht little hesitation, in marrying her..although he was not tht firm in tht decision of his, of not marrying her, yet..in the past story.. Because when nano tells him abt usama's proposal, and he tells why isnt usama suitable for aleeza, then nano asks him to get married tobher..and he says tht i have the same weaknesses tht usama has, and tht even i am not the right person for her.. But when nano insists, he said, ok.. I will think abt getting married to her, whenever i think abt marrying.. So he had not firmly rejected the idea of marryinig aliza then, akthough he was hesitant

But then when he went back to US, and later would have analysed the situation..it was then...he decided tht he cant get married to her.. Because even junaid told aliza tht initially i thought tht umar was interested in you as he talked abt u so much, but then he started convincing him for getting married to aliza.. So it must have been a well analysed decision.. Because obviously one cant decide to give away his love to someone else in haste.. He must have thought abt it over and over again, and when he would hv concluded tht he cant keep her happy, then he would made a firm decision
meandwho thumbnail

Sajal Aly

My personality is built on paradoxes unlike junaid.. I can be a good friend to aliza, but not a good husband.

I sincerely dont understand this, Allezah liked him as he was knowing every vice of his, even after he slapped her she loved him, even though he mocked her opinion on her passion. What temperament issue was he afraid of?
Edit: I realized he couldnt see Aleezah hurt Even though the reason she got hurt was because she was foolish*please dont hate me*
Edited by LoveFawad - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail

I sincerely dont understand this, Allezah liked him as he was knowing every vice of his, even after he slapped her she loved him, even though he mocked her opinion on her passion. What temperament issue was he afraid of?

Edit: I realized he couldnt see Aleezah hurt Even though the reason she got hurt was because she was foolish*please dont hate me*

She was hurt..because she was foolish? Matlab? Sorry..didnt get ur point?
meandwho thumbnail

Sajal Aly

She was hurt..because she was foolish? Matlab? Sorry..didnt get ur point?

She lived in her own utopia where she thought filing an FIR mattered! A judge or his friend will punish his son! NGO's real motive is to uplift poor peoples living standards (Not just Omar's point but I sometimes wonder where does my donation money really go, why is there no transparency?)! Or that by supporting articles written against her family member she was doing a good job! Killing a journalist who is out to bring the whole family on streets was a bad idea! Omar will let himself get arrested by allowing her to talk to Justice niaz, that an attack on house by Justice Niaz on a powerful family would have no news coverage. That Junaid was attracted to her quiet nature in burbham!