Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Farah ! Hey ! Yes I have finished the novel.. please share the explanation you wanted to on that tearing the sketch wala part 😳

I already did... 😃.. See my second last post above yours, on this page.. I have replied to lovefawad
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: farahs_6

I already did... 😃.. See my second last post above yours, on this page.. I have replied to lovefawad

oh yes..yes.. this is what I supposed as well .. it was to show her that he is not interested in her.. But I thought thats because something happened in America .. maybe some girl.. It wasn't revealed yet that he is love with her or has any feelings more that just friends wala type.. I was thinking that only Aleeza loved him.. was find of him.. he wasn't.. n its later that he will be realizing his love for her..

But no.. he has AlWAYS loved her n he KNEW she loves him too.. n so on... UFF MAN.. I AM IN TEARS ONCE AGAIN... *sigh*
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Amina-Zahra

I tried reading it in Roman transcription as I was really curious what a novel in Urdu would sound like. Well, I don't think I'm going to read in Urdu, ever 😆 It just sounds strange to me- not the dialogues, obviously, but the descriptions etc...

Started the English translation, am just on the first pages. It will take me a long time since I read multiple things at the same time 😛 Let's see. Reading all you guys gushing and excitement, I do have high hopes 😉

yes please.. please read this gem ! You will surely ove it ! you will be willing to finish the novel as soon as possible.. especially when you wil be in the mid.. so yeah I'd suggest you to start n read it..

n yeah please share your thoughts on it too.. would love to read 😳
Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wowww awesomee Amar bail discussions, AB is loveee 😳😳
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Popo.

Wowww awesomee Amar bail discussions, AB is loveee 😳😳

Tu kahaan maar gaya tha kameeni

Why don't u post in any drama threads anywmore

MANHOOS
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

farah somehow on Junaid I agree with your analysis, that he married her only because Omar asked him to. As ZaYalicious trust and understanding are also good reason to get married.
the sketch part, actually the after 5 years part started with aleezzah understanding Umer in a different light! First he tore her sketch, was rude to her after she sneaked in to his room, slapped her, drank in the house, his actions and thought process aggregated Aleezah. Just like Shahbaz thought his gf would do, Aleezah did end up asking Omar o leave civil service! Aleezah would never have been happy married to Omar. Omar loved the power the bureaucrats held. *sigh*

Also at the time Jahangir married Reshna, Omar had kept someone picture on his wallet. I think it was either his mom or judith. I wonder whose!
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

I knew Omar would die before starting the novel through spoilers on good reads.
Also since it has a love story and Aleezah was evidently in love with Omar, I was curious to know how Omar felt. I assumed it was love, but throughout the first half, specially when he confronts aleezah about his sleeping pills, I construed his words as pity. I felt Omar loved Aleezah as a parent would love his kid. The only real revelation of his non-platonic love came from 2 scenes: one while he is taking his last breath, the other scene was Judith/Aleezah's talk!
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

oh yes..yes.. this is what I supposed as well .. it was to show her that he is not interested in her.. But I thought thats because something happened in America .. maybe some girl.. It wasn't revealed yet that he is love with her or has any feelings more that just friends wala type.. I was thinking that only Aleeza loved him.. was find of him.. he wasn't.. n its later that he will be realizing his love for her..

But no.. he has AlWAYS loved her n he KNEW she loves him too.. n so on... UFF MAN.. I AM IN TEARS ONCE AGAIN... *sigh*

Yes... Umera Ahmed only said tht he wanted to show her tht he is not interested in these expressions of love.. He wanted to discourage her from developing love interest in him.. This is what Umera Ahmed said
But i think it was only because he obviously already knew tht she was in love with him... And i think when he met her, in the past story..he already had developed love interest in her, and he knew it himself, tht he loved her.. He got attracted to her instantly, think due to her innocence and genuineness... And dint u remember, tht when in the past, Nano talks with Umar regarding Osamas proposal for aleeza, then when he talked to aleeza regd osama, ke tumhari tu bhtt dosti hogi usama se? Aur kia tumhein sab hi cousins itnay buray lagtay hain jitna main? Hih jealousy for Usama was evident there, the way he asked aliza about him... And in tht scene, when Nano was talking abt Usamas proposal...when she then said ke kia tum shadi karo ge us se? Aur tum pasand kartay ho na usay? He says ke aliza ko koi bhi na pasand tu nahi karsakta... And he also said ke main aliza se shadi ke baaray main sochun ga zuroor, abhi haan nahi karsakta...
So i think he already was attracted to her...and he knew it.. I think when he went back, then he must have thought abt his marriage with aliza, and then he realised tht he wouldnt be able to keep her happy... Because if u remember, Junaid told Aliza, tht he Umar had been convincing him to marry Aliza for long time, and tht initially even Junaid thought tht Umar himself was interested in Aliza because he talked abt her so much..but then suddenly started talking tht Junaid should get married to Aliza... So i think Umar, when he went back, to US, he had already realised his love for A liza and when he started to think abt it..he thoughtbi wouldnt be able to keep her happy and then started pursuing junaid to marry her

farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveFawad

Also at the time Jahangir married Reshna, Omar had kept someone picture on his wallet. I think it was either his mom or judith. I wonder whose!

@bold...It was his mother's photograph.. Tht was clearly told in the novel too, some time later.. I remember it being mentioned in the novel... Tht umar kept his mothers photograph in the wallet
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveFawad

I knew Omar would die before starting the novel through spoilers on good reads.

Also since it has a love story and Aleezah was evidently in love with Omar, I was curious to know how Omar felt. I assumed it was love, but throughout the first half, specially when he confronts aleezah about his sleeping pills, I construed his words as pity. I felt Omar loved Aleezah as a parent would love his kid. The only real revelation of his non-platonic love came from 2 scenes: one while he is taking his last breath, the other scene was Judith/Aleezah's talk!

The real revelation of Umar's love for Aliza first came through nano...when she told Samina, tht what did Umar actually say when nano asked him to marry Aliza... In tht scene..nano told tht Umar said tht since he wouldnt be able to keep her happy..he cant marry her...because he cant see her hurt and unhappy with him... If he would marry any other girl, if she gets hurt, it wouldnt matter to him, but he cant see Aliza in pain..and he knows tht if they both get married..he wouldnt be able to keep her happy because of his nature, his personality and also because of the nature of his job..and tht he can be a good friend but not a good husband to Aliza... Nano told Samina tht Umar loves Aliza and tht he doesnt take her as a friend only..but he wants her to get married tonjunaid because Junaid would be a perfact match for aliza according to him... So it was evident from tht scene, tht he was sacrificing his love for Alizas long term happiness
Then his last scene, as u said, when he was dying, his imagining aliza and tried t breathe and not being able to able to breathewhen imagined Junaid with her.. I think tht was the most powerful expression of his love and its intensity for Aliza... It showed the pain, he himself went through, while trying to do their matchmaking.. Because uptil then, we had only seen alizas side... It showed tht even for a pragmatic and as realistic and unemotional man as Umar, he went through a lot of pain hismelf while trying to get aliza married to junaid... And this was also the reason, he was going abroad, before aliza and junaids wedding day bexause he couldnt see it happening himself
And obviously the ending scene of the novel, where judith told abt what he had said at aliza and junaids engagement night... And i also found his jealousy cute for Usama, when nano told him about Usamas proposal for aliza, and then he later asked aliza, ke tumhari tu bhtt dosti hogi Usama se? Tht was cute