Future Dreams (A Diyar-E-Dil Drabble)

farahwalikhan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello, so since I love DeD so much, I want to put some drabbles up for them. This is just a small one on Wali, Farah and Zarmine's first meeting.

--

"Tum parti ho?" Farah asked Zarmine as Wali and Zarmine were showing her around. She was quite impressed by her cousins' house.

Zarmine nodded. "Haan."

"Aur tum kya karte ho Wali?" Farah asked with interest, listening as Wali explained he liked riding and going out. Seemed a bit too free, in her opinion. Just like Mama had said.

"Tum kya karti ho Farah?" Zarmine asked, looking at her.

"Main?" Farah said. "Main college ke final year main hoon, doctor banna chaati hoon, aur Baba poori kaushish karre hain ke mera medicine main admission ho jaye."

Wali smiled at that. "Toh yeh Bare Baba ka sapna bhi hai?"

Farah laughed a little at that. "Baba ka aik hi sapna hai aur woh ke main joh bhi karoon dil se karoon." She had to admit, her cousins were different than she had expected, why was Mama so against them? They didn't seem uneducated and they were being so nice to her when they had never met her.

"I hope tumhara admission ho jaye medicine main Farah," Zarmine said gently. "Lekhin woh toh baut expensive ho ga right?"

Farah's expression became a bit saddened and she looked down. "Haan, jabhi main Baba ko kehti hoon main koi choti si degree kar ke job kar loon gi."

Wali glanced at her, frowning a bit. "Farah, kyun? Apne sapne pure karo. Aghar tum dil se doctor banna chahiti ho, toh zaroor banno. Aur paise hi fikhar mat karo. Is haveli pe jitna mera aur Zarmine ka haq utna hi tumhara hai. Harcha hum dein gein."

Farah's eyes met with Wali's for a moment and she was a little taken aback by the sincerity in his eyes. He didn't seem to be lying. But how was she to explain that her mother would never accept anything from this haveli or it's people? Not wanting to hurt his feelings, she simply gave a forced smile. "Thanks Wali. Chalo, baaki haveli dekhein?" She gestured a hand.

"Chalo," Wali agreed, leading the way with Zarmine to show Farah the rest of the haveli.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaliFarah thumbnail
I like it. 18-year-old Farah is super-cute. 😳
surbhimathur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This is really cute. Liked farah's monologues! Exactly what she felt at that time.
Continue!
p.s.
God just felt the earthquake :X
farahwalikhan thumbnail
Thank you. I was a bit worried about the characterisation but if you liked it, must have been good.
surbhimathur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: farahwalikhan

Thank you. I was a bit worried about the characterisation but if you liked it, must have been good.

Characterisaton was perfect 👍🏼
You wrote good! 😊
Dhani_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG lovely it's so good...I hope they could have done it that way too...