Umera Ahmed's show, Uraan

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Has anyone seen Uraan which was written by Umera and directed by Yasir Nawaz?

I was skimming through the episodes earlier today ..I saw it on Geo when it aired years ago, but I couldn't remember much of it (except for the ending bits - which was amazing!). It's one of Umera's underrated shows. I think the show was a little slow in terms of pace, but the content was amazing to say the least. I loved everyone's performance..even Humayun's.

Also, though I love Saba and Aamina...Zhalay for me was arguably the best..perhaps because Sawera was such a brilliant character...so amazingly boss! 😆 I wish Zhalay got better roles..she was genuinely so great in Uraan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yup, I saw it, it's a good watch, humayun was good as a psycho.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Feel like giving this a rewatch.. saw it years ago and can\t remember much of it tbh.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yes this drama was very good but umm a lil bit slow..may be that is why it is underrated despite having good story and well constructed plot..humayoon was so good there..so was amna and saba...but for me also the girl played sawera was best..she overshadowed these two powerful actresses also in many scenes.. But sadly I didn't see her in any other drama
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Waiting for ZINDAGI to air it
They will air uraan doraha and khuda aur mohabbat

So I m waiting for all of them
grey23 thumbnail
Skeptical about dorahas response coz it is a bit old..but I liked it..I kept avoiding this drama coz I didn't want to see sanam in neg role..but she was as usual good there despite being a new comer then..I loved to hate her
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Waiting for ZINDAGI to air it

They will air uraan doraha and khuda aur mohabbat

So I m waiting for all of them

Really did zindagi announce these shows?
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I have heard about the show here on the Forum only.. Was planning to watch it.. Is it the same show having a Morning Show host or something ? I think Amina played the host..
grey23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

I have heard about the show here on the Forum only.. Was planning to watch it.. Is it the same show having a Morning Show host or something ? I think Amina played the host..

yes it is the same show..u can give it a try..it is good not awesome type but good..it has strong message as well.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
In terms of content, Uraan is very good. I feel the show's pace was a problem at times...especially Aamina's track in between which I found very dry when it came to her father and her. I don't think it's as engaging as some of Umera's other shows..you need some patience to watch it if you're going to binge watch it.
I personally enjoyed Zhaley's character the most. I think Savera was really refreshing being the headstrong, confident, and positive woman she was. The way she stood up for herself was very admirable. She was my favorite character. Shamim Hilali's character was very intriguing by the way.