Pakistani actors in Indian movies -whats your prediction

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
So, a handful of actors from Pakistan are currently working in bollywood..Lets just predict the outcomes of their movies.

1. Fawad Khan - Kapoor & sons.
This one is going to be sure shot success. Produced by Dharma and his co-stars are Sidhart and Alia. Fawad is definitely going to overshadow the other two. Although, Sid has a great personality but his dialog delivery is weak and Alia is irritating..LOL.(my pov). This is definitely going to be a big thing for Fawad.

2. Fahad Mustafa - Mahesh Bhatt movie
He hasn't signed the contract yet but he confirmed it in his last interview that he will doing an intense love story. This film might be a success and he is fairly popular among Indian viewers. Also the music in vishesh films is always a success... and Intense love stories works very well with Indian viewers. But, he might get negative feedback from Paki viewers since vishesh films are known for their sleazy content.

3. Mawra Hoccaine -
There is no information about the production house or the name of the movie. I just read in BW forum that a Tamil actor who is making his debut in BW will be her co-star. I read in her interview that she said no to bold content but the picture that came out a couple of days ago says something else. Anyways, it will be difficult for the movie to be a success. If promoted well and WOM is good.. It might do well.

4. Imran Abbas - Jaanisar
A period drama set in 1877. Imran is paired opposite a newcomer Pernia Qureshi. here is the first look of the movie:

Imran Abbas in long hairs was a bad choice. His face is girlish and long hairs are making things worse for him. As for the movie.. I doubt it will be a success.

5. Mahira Khan - Raees
Just like Fawad's movie, this is also going to be a sure shot success. Her co-star is SRK and it says everything.

Few other actors (Faizan Khawaja, Shahroze Sabzwari & Ahsan Khan) are also doing BW movies but nothing much is known about their projects..so no predictions can be made about them at this moment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
fawad has already make a stable place in Bollywood and moreover it is karan johor's film and has aliya in opposite him..his one is going to be hit at least if not blockbuster
mahira is also a very popular name in India thanks to humsufur..she has a huge fan base there like fawad..and it is going to be her debut film..moreover she is lucky enough to be in opposite THE SRK who gives nothing but blockbusters
fahad's one might do a decent business but might be flop as well.i hope he doesn't do anything which upset her huge fan following in Pakistan
mawra's one will be flop
imran Abbas's one is going to be super FLOP 😡 what happened to him!!! Why he is choosing this type of films which anyone can say that it is going to be a big flop..1st creature and now this!! And moreover those horrible long hair ugghh
Edited by grey23 - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Hey Usman thanks for the lovely thread
I didn't know fahads movie was. Y the. Bhatts

I m even more interested now as the Bhatt movies are always different and a treat to watch

Fahad can always ask them to tone down the romance

No comment on mawra and her srevant hero ...

Imran Abbas jaanisaar he signed cocoz it was by a very senior director of India ...I forgot the name...mudassar something...he made the original umrao jaan with rekha...he is master us showing periodic genre ...agree the long hair didn't suit him but I hv better expectations from the movie...at least it's different...not typical Rom com romance or faltu Masala action

I don't want AHSAN in Bollywood as he is a drama material...he is not Bollywood hero .material...some heroes irrespective of how AWESOME actors they r ...r better off in dramas like AHSAN mikaal fq SAMI

They r fantabulous but not Bollywood lead hero material
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fawad and Mahira obviously have the upper hand over everyone else...not because of them, themselves..but because of the movies they're roped in. You could've roped anyone in their respective roles and they would've gotten a hit to their credit because the movies and actors involved are bankable. I mean working with SRK? You could put Mawra there and she'd blindly get a superhit to her name at the very least. Fawad will last longer than Mahira though in my opinion. Mahira doesn't have it in her to be a Bollywood star.

Everyone else is most likely not going to work because working in Bollywood isn't about potential or acting chops..there's so much more involved that makes you a star or merely recognized amongst audiences...and Imran, Ahsan, Fahad Mawra,etc etc aren't going to get that. And, let's just say that one of their films DO work in India for whatever reasons..they'll receive a backlash from Pakistani fans for sure..because somewhere down the line one of them will end up doing something that will create negativity amongst their Pakistani fans.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
And, I would have given Imran's movie a shot out of curiosity had he not worn that hideous wig. Also, I'm getting bad vibes from Fahad's debut, if it ever happens.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow.. Interesting topic Usman.
Well, as u all already mentiomed that n it is clear that which movies are gonna be HIT or have more chances to become a blockbuster.

I see it in this way..

In Pakistan, even if we aren't that good looking or dashing, acting talent is the saving grace .. N I really appreciate that.. But in Bollywood itz not the same.. People get recognition more with their beauty than their talent. Plus u need to be very lucky to stand out there.

In this case I think, Fawad n Mahira are way too lucky to grab these big budget projects. Like we say in urdu ' andhe ko kia chahye do ankhen ? ' itz like what else one needs !? Some people get fame with their hardwork only but there are some who get that with their luck.
A KJo project has 80% chances to be a hit.. ( coz itz not always the case ) but I personally think, the movie, hit or flop, Fawad's performance would definitely leave a mark on audiences of Bollywood as it did for Khoobsurat
( didn't see the movie ).

Same goes for Mahira.. I think she is the luckiest one.. Be it in Pakistan or India.. It will be a hit with SRK for sure.. Plus the title Raees is attractive..

For Fahad, i personally want his movie to be a hit. I want the story to be mature n sensible n not a do number thing. I want him to be well recognized in India as well.

Imran's movie looks different.. I have hopes.. His look is wierd i know but I guess itz the demand of the story na ? As itz from 1800 era.. Well letz see..

No comments on Mawra.. She should have sticked to TV only.. Not Bollywood face in my opinion.. She hasn't impressed me that much with her acting though..
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RisingAsh

Wow.. Interesting topic Usman.

Well, as u all already mentiomed that n it is clear that which movies are gonna be HIT or have more chances to become a blockbuster.

I see it in this way..

In Pakistan, even if we aren't that good looking or dashing, acting talent is the saving grace .. N I really appreciate that.. But in Bollywood itz not the same.. People get recognition more with their beauty than their talent. Plus u need to be very lucky to stand out there.

In this case I think, Fawad n Mahira are way too lucky to grab these big budget projects. Like we say in urdu ' andhe ko kia chahye do ankhen ? ' itz like what else one needs !? Some people get fame with their hardwork only but there are some who get that with their luck.
A KJo project has 80% chances to be a hit.. ( coz itz not always the case ) but I personally think, the movie, hit or flop, Fawad's performance would definitely leave a mark on audiences of Bollywood as it did for Khoobsurat
( didn't see the movie ).

Same goes for Mahira.. I think she is the luckiest one.. Be it in Pakistan or India.. It will be a hit with SRK for sure.. Plus the title Raees is attractive..

For Fahad, i personally want his movie to be a hit. I want the story to be mature n sensible n not a do number thing. I want him to be well recognized in India as well.

Imran's movie looks different.. I have hopes.. His look is wierd i know but I guess itz the demand of the story na ? As itz from 1800 era.. Well letz see..

No comments on Mawra.. She should have sticked to TV only.. Not Bollywood face in my opinion.. She hasn't impressed me that much with her acting though..

You're welcome.
I agree Fawad & Mahira are definitely lucky to grab these big projects especially Mahira. I am keeping the expectations from Fahad movie (If he is doing it) quite low seeing the fate of HAK which is on similar lines (intense love story) from Vishesh films.

The director of Imran's movie is the same person who directed Umrao Jaan with Rekha.. but as a matter of fact he directed only three movies after Umrao Jaan out of which one went unreleased and the other two are also not so famous. And his last movie released way back in 1995. So, don't really have high hopes for this one.

Freebird_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
fawad and mahira really lucky bt more dey are bollywood material.. dts y dey bags such a big projects,, fawad had already made his place in bollywood,, (zgh worked for him) n mahira will definitely success,, (humsafar )
every 1 saying mahira 's advantage is The SRK definitely bt this Raees has awesome star cast too,, Nawaz ,Farhan akhtar n zeeshan n many more,, so of course it has strong content too,, i think she is very smart n mature dt she chose dis, i must say she deserve dis, i heard she got many offers before bt she didn't pick, same as fawad he too chose khoobsurat aas per d character n production,, n anil kapoor is also a big name,, dis stars had really put der step in bollywood smartly n hard work too works
n abt imaran den i think he made a big mistake by debut with bipasha aunty,, ooppss,,😛 i read he got offers like ram leela guzarish n ashiqui 2 ,, n he denied,, he is unlucky ,,

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
IMO Fawad has managed to get a good footing in BW and career wise I guess he is the most secure, so I suppose he'll continue with BW.
Mahira is good and also has a good fan following, but age isn't on her side, so I guess she will maybe do a few movies in BW, but wld continue in Pak industry chiefly.

I feel Imran Abbas has a good shot in BW, but again I suppose he needs some big banner movies, like Fawad to secure his place. But I guess now he's doing very well in Pak dramas as both his shows currently r doing well.

The others may end up doing a few films in BW or not even dat.

But scenarios keep changing and who wld hv thought even a year back tht so many Pak actors will become well known in India?

Also I am going off topic, but what baffles me is dat before Zindagi, it was never a big deal if Pak actors worked in BW...at tht time I don't think Indians as well as Pakistanis thought much abt it. In fact I guess most Pakistanis wld be happy in a Pak actor got chance in BW. But since Zindagi, when Indians started appreciating Pak actors for work they had done in Pak industry and coz of tht it opened up new opportunities for them in India, many Pak ppl r resenting this.😕

I wish dat was not the case and some Pak ppl, in stead of appreciating the Indians for appreciating Pak dramas hadn't become resentful. And knowing IF since the past few years and knowing what's said on IF is not the general consensus, so hopefully this resentment is restricted to a negligible few who end up giving the impression of representing the majority.

Sorry Usman, but just wanted to mention dis and ended up doing it here.😳
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Don't see any of them making some sort of a mark, other than Fawad.