Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@ grey ..not that old just 42 years young...😉 (technically aunty) lol ...now almost 21 years happily married...
that is why ...i am speaking from an experience .. who ever says that they dont want to do the dirty the first night , they r dammn liars and hypocrite... i can say that because i am not shy or have nothing to hide...nor anyone to impress with my pure mind... haha
there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. its human nature and most of us never felt that way about opposite sex pre marriage so naturally you want to feel the closest to someone you love and will have whole lives to gather to live. it is giving most cherish gift to each other is your self with lots of love and high hopes for bright future. its exiting and is a good feeling not necessarily lust.

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Cimba, I think everyone goes out before arranged marriage IMO or if parents are strict then they chat on phones.

I didn't, although i was allowed to 😆
I just dont like these things.

@cimba depends on which type of family you are from. Since i live in Europe my family wudn't mind me going out, but my cousins in pakistan they only chatted or spoke on phone.

Also i still find it wrong jumping on each other when u do not know a person properly, but tht is just my opinion.

I have noticed there are BIG differences between in arrange marriages. Like my sis in law choose a girl, spoked to her son, and now they have been speaking and going out for about 1,5 year. They know evrything about each other really well. Them jumping on each other is normal.

Then there are arrange marriages where the guy and girl where they might have known each other for 6 months and maybe spoke a evry week and still not comfortable about anything. Then the guy jumpimg on her is wrong. This is just awkward, give the girl a chance to actually know you better.
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cimba

@ grey ..not that old just 42 years young...😉 (technically aunty) lol ...now almost 21 years happily married...
that is why ...i am speaking from an experience .. who ever says that they dont want to do the dirty the first night , they r dammn liars and hypocrite... i can say that because i am not shy or have nothing to hide...nor anyone to impress with my pure mind... haha
there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. its human nature and most of us never felt that way about opposite sex pre marriage so naturally you want to feel the closest to someone you love and will have whole lives to gather to live. it is giving most cherish gift to each other is your self with lots of love and high hopes for bright future. its exiting and is a good feeling not necessarily lust.

@ bold no they are not 😕 Not evryone is the same. That is like the most pathetic thing to say.
Then ppl like me could say the others are desperate 😕
Edited by -Lostindreams - 9 years ago
cimba thumbnail
I forgot to mention the main thing I learned is NASHTA. Seriously I am feeding everyone good breakfast since started watching TV shows. Another thing , sipping more tea personally. It's crazy but they show charactes eating and drinking tea so much that now every time there's a tea time on TV , I feel like getting a cup myself. I am not making no paratha but definitely things have gotten better than milk and serial days for kids. Hope not over doing it and making them fat. Lol
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Guys, don't talk disparaging about people who go to dargahs and all... It's not on us to decide if it's unislamic or not...
The way i see it, many of these saints(for lack of a better word) were instrumental in the spread of Islam here in subcontinent... So nothing wrong in celebrating there lives or whatever...

About wedding nights
...probably in our parents generation nothing happened until the honeymoon ...but nowadays ..No way..by the time wedding day comwa around, bride and groom already know each other pretty well ...

It does probably start with talking and handholding😆
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Good Topic, I dont learn anything as I know it all, been there done that kinda thing😆...

Here is what You should not learn from it
  1. Not everyone marries their cousins or falls in love with them.
  2. All men do not have multiple wives.
  3. Jahaiz is not demanded, its upto the parents khushi, its just tradition now.
  4. men do dont hold hands and make promises on wedding night, They usually jump on the bride the first chance they get😆, holding hands=kissing, yaad rakhna next time you see it.
  5. Going to a Dargah is not part of Islam, it actually take you out of the folds of Islam, but sadly its very common for Pakistanis with weak Iman to go to fortune tellers and Dargahs.

I will add more when I remember.

@ Bold- frankly speaking that is one of the things I really like abt Pak dramas, is that dey don't make a big deal out of the first night or for that matter any nights.😆 It's shown in a very matter of fact way and those fed on all the silly OTT and long drawn sequences in Indian dramas shld realize that it never happens tht way and dat too years after marriage takes place between the main leads.😲

And yup even in real life it's never abt just holding hands.😳
Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago
cimba thumbnail
I am happy that paki drama"s don't show elaborated wedding nights as well. These days India drams have gone beyond half way x rated with that. I remember one in particular where Ram Kapoor"s drama was unrolling sari and all. OMG cant watch that with any family members around you. Another where guy has bindi n his back after the wedding night on the roof top... comes down wearing no clothes and that was also disgusting to watch with family around...
I do appreciate not making a big deal of the wedding night on TV for sure.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arwen.

Guys, don't talk disparaging about people who go to dargahs and all... It's not on us to decide if it's unislamic or not...

The way i see it, many of these saints(for lack of a better word) were instrumental in the spread of Islam here in subcontinent... So nothing wrong in celebrating there lives or whatever...

Majority of Dargah going people go there and raise there hands up and ask dua's, In islam you only ask God, that buzurgh needs dua, he cannot fulfil any ones wishes, he was a Human. Associating Partners with God is Shirk, and when people make that buzurgh equal to the ranks of God that is shirk. Only God knows the unseen and no one grants wishes other than God.

copy pasting from a site, this is proof enough I hope for it being unislamic

'A'ishah relates the following [Sahh Muslim (1/376)]:
When death approached Allah's Messenger, he began putting a sheet of his on his face. When he became hot and distressed because of it, he would remove it and say: "Allah's curse came upon the Jews and the Christians because they took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship."

The Prophet was warning the Muslims against what they had done. Had it not been for the fear that it would be taken as a mosque, his grave would have been in an open place.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) was so stern in prohibiting people from taking graves as places for Allah's worship, cursing those who did so, because it is a practice that ultimately leads people to polytheism.

So what can we say about those people who actually direct their worship to the denizens of the graves, offer sacrifices to them, supplicate to them, swear oaths by them, or circumambulate their graves?

'Umar b. al-Khattb relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Do not praise me excessively like the Christians praised Jesus, the son of Mary. I am but a servant, so call me Allah's servant and Messenger." [Sahh al -Bukhr (4/142)]

I just wanted to answer to your comment, If the Prophet SAW warned people about praising him, how can we praise a Buzurgh who is no way near the Prophet in stature.
lets not turn this thread into a debate about daraghs, if you have any other questions or comments pm me😊
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Loved your post
I have learnt making dough n rotis n azaan ki dua.
Learnt patience n fashion designing for my dresses as I see some Kurtis they are wearing I sketch it on my note book. Reading books. As I m watching Pakistan dramas from childhood so I learned many things don't remember.