What significant lesson did you learn from a Pakistani Drama?

FloydLover thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Pakistani dramas have dared to do what many others haven't. Pakistani dramas have actually believed that their audiences would be intelligent and showed the real flavours of the world on screen.

With this introduction, I wonder whether you've learned anything of significance from Pakistani dramas? Doesn't have to be a life changing revelation!

I'll list down my takeaways-

1) Maat

Love transcends even the strongest of bonds. Care and affection handed out sincerely can mean more than blodd relations.

And I am not just saying it after watching this series. I know someone who lives with parents who have adopted her even though her birth mother and father have raised her with love.

2) ZGH

One shouldn't just go out crying towards God for every small thing. Thodi dhoop, thodi chaya sabke hisse mein hoti hai. Bas waqt waqt ki baat hai.

3) Meri Zaat

Misunderstandings creep into every relationship. Doesn't mean you sacrifice your trust at its alter.

4) Humsafar

Never be a husband like Asher. Never ever leave your wife like that.

5) Kankar

Raise your voice against the terrible things in society. Don't be ashamed to get it out in the open. Don't accept torture in the name of love. Money is not everything.

6)Daam

Friendships cannot exist in between people in which one feels superior to the other. But it is important to get out everything in the open. Don't hide things.

Edited by FloydLover - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i learned that pakistani men are beautiful.. and now there is an article that says we are 3rd on the list.. lol
but for reals, i've learned that pakistan is a very beautiful country...never to lose faith... and amongst others that are more specific to the shows i've seen (lots)
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
What marriage actually is ---Dure shehwar
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Good Topic, I dont learn anything as I know it all, been there done that kinda thing😆...

Here is what You should not learn from it
  1. Not everyone marries their cousins or falls in love with them.
  2. All men do not have multiple wives.
  3. Jahaiz is not demanded, its upto the parents khushi, its just tradition now.
  4. men do dont hold hands and make promises on wedding night, They usually jump on the bride the first chance they get😆, holding hands=kissing, yaad rakhna next time you see it.
  5. Going to a Dargah is not part of Islam, it actually take you out of the folds of Islam, but sadly its very common for Pakistanis with weak Iman to go to fortune tellers and Dargahs.

I will add more when I remember.
Edited by -shabz- - 9 years ago
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Good Topic, I dont learn anything as I know it all, been there done that kinda thing😆...

Here is what You should not learn from it
  1. Not everyone marries their cousins or falls in love with them.
  2. All men do not have multiple wives.
  3. Jahaiz is not demanded, its upto the parents khushi, its just tradition now.
  4. men do dont hold hands and make promises on wedding night, They usually jump on the bride the first chance they get😆, holding hands=kissing, yaad rakhna next time you see it.

I will add more when I remember.

haha... but according to some people, it is becoming a trend..lol

jokes apart, great list! especially one !
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing post. N I just loved reading everyone's thoughts ❤️
-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

What marriage actually is ---Dure shehwar

and phupo's are generally evil🤣...its universal, everyone has come across a phupo who doesnt mind their own business.
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I bet everyone in their life have thought "why does this happen to me". I dont know whether i have learned anything but what 've seen is that in every persons life there is somethng missing or there are certain problems.
I have been able to relate to problems in dramas such as ZGH, and i have seen Dur-e-shahwar, and made me realise how this person (i knew) must have felt during tht time she was in the same situation as dur-e-shahwar yet stayed with her husband.

Its hard to learn something from a drama, it depends on situation I guess and which type of person you are.
After watching some dramas you think to yourself tht u have to behave like this girl or someone else, yet it doesnt happen.

-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

I bet everyone in their life have thought "why does this happen to me". I dont know whether i have learned anything but what 've seen is that in every persons life there is somethng missing or there are certain problems.

I have been able to relate to problems in dramas such as ZGH, and i have seen Dur-e-shahwar, and made me realise how this person (i knew) must have felt during tht time she was in the same situation as dur-e-shahwar yet stayed with her husband.

Its hard to learn something from a drama, it depends on situation I guess and which type of person you are.
After watching some dramas you think to yourself tht u have to behave like this girl or someone else, yet it doesnt happen.

yes thats a better way to put it, I can relate to them, but I cant say I learn from them.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

haha... but according to some people, it is becoming a trend..lol

jokes apart, great list! especially one !

men do dont hold hands and make promises on wedding night, They usually jump on the bride the first chance they get😆, holding hands=kissing, yaad rakhna next time you see it.
😆
Edited by grey23 - 9 years ago