Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
30 threads!? Are you serious! :O I wasn't even on IF during ZGH time but I saw a comment that said 10 threads for ZGH. 10 threads was surprising. But 30 is unbelievable 😛

clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

They r airing many shows, unfortunately none have caught the imagination of ppl the way ZGH has. Eeven it's re-runs bring more TRPs than many shows being aired for the first time.

This is sort of weird. I mean Z is currently airing a masterpiece like Dastaan and people still can't get over ZGH. Not that I dislike ZGH.. In fact, I was sort of crazy for ZGH but the drama industry doesn't end on ZGH.

Zindagi should actually move back to the slot of 1 hour for every serial because the half hour slot makes the serials appear like soaps. And they really should not air shows like Mere Humnawa and the other ajnabi one. I mean there are some brilliant serials out there and they're choosing the ones that received lowest ratings and have repetitive plot
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

30 threads!? Are you serious! :O I wasn't even on IF during ZGH time but I saw a comment that said 10 threads for ZGH. 10 threads was surprising. But 30 is unbelievable 😛

OK not 30, der were 32, but dat one didn't go far. Also I think a couple of them continued aftet the show ended, but still.😆
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This is sort of weird. I mean Z is currently airing a masterpiece like Dastaan and people still can't get over ZGH. Not that I dislike ZGH.. In fact, I was sort of crazy for ZGH but the drama industry doesn't end on ZGH.

Zindagi should actually move back to the slot of 1 hour for every serial because the half hour slot makes the serials appear like soaps. And they really should not air shows like Mere Humnawa and the other ajnabi one. I mean there are some brilliant serials out there and they're choosing the ones that received lowest ratings and have repetitive plot

IMO Dastaan is doing well, though I watched the beginning epis., but now am not watching it coz I had already watched it some months back.

Also call it weird or whatever but ppl r really hung up on ZGH nd I am one of them.😳 Also yeah other dramas r good too and I have liked many of them, but I guess they don't hv the repeat value the way ZGH has. ZGH has had a tremendous impact. Anyways sorry to digress, but just read my first post here and u'll know what I mean.

They r airing many shows, unfortunately none have caught the imagination of ppl the way ZGH has. Eeven it's re-runs bring more TRPs than many shows being aired for the first time.

wow how many times did they air humsafar?

They shouldve kept to the original episodes. With the same timings and titles. They are just ruining it.
And ZGH and Humsafar are overrated IMO. They were good but we have so many other good shows which deserve just as much recognition.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

They shouldve kept to the original episodes. With the same timings and titles. They are just ruining it.
And ZGH and Humsafar are overrated IMO. They were good but we have so many other good shows which deserve just as much recognition.

So true.
clockworknerd thumbnail

IMO Dastaan is doing well, though I watched the beginning epis., but now am not watching it coz I had already watched it some months back.

Also call it weird or whatever but ppl r really hung up on ZGH nd I am one of them.😳 Also yeah other dramas r good too and I have liked many of them, but I guess they don't hv the repeat value the way ZGH has. ZGH has had a tremendous impact. Anyways sorry to digress, but just read my first post here and u'll know what I mean.

Interestingly, I went through this post of yours just a few days ago when I was stalking Z forum. Well, I understand. But I feel like that ZGH, along sith AZ, was the first serial in the list of 'something new' for Indian audience. MANY people have rated AZ above ZGH on Indian websites. The first and second in the list of the dramas they've liked so far is either ZGH or AZ. So I think the fact that these two were the first of the different content you guys got to see is the reason why people can't get over ZGH/AZ. For example, if they had aired Daam along with AZ I'm pretty sure it would have ended up being the favourite of all considering the fact that it had a rather strong plot and performances. And Daam was spell-bounding!

For me, this is the only reason why Indian audience is still hung up on ZGH. And of course, the craze that girls have on Fawad. 😛 And yes, it definitely had more 'romance' content compared to the other serials of '13. Khair, so people really need to get over it and watch the other content that Z is airing and will air. But I respect everyone's choices and I agree that some serials do indeed end up becoming special to you but this attitude just doesn't suit towards ZGH because honestly, there are wonders like Ankahi and Tanhaiyaan which Indian audience is yet to see.
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I so agree on this issue of changing the titles. Like how on earth can they name the tragedy that happened with Hassan-Bano as 'haseen sitam'? I agree that pori dunya mein when foreign content is aired, they change the names. But when Indians can understand the Urdu titles like Dastaan and Silvatein there is absolutely no need to change the title. Yes, Mata e Jaan counts as a difficult Urdu word, so changing it to Meri Jaan Hai Tu is acceptable but not the others!

I agree on the latter part too. The acting and direction was the real magic otherwise Humsafar's plot was TOO predictable. For ZGH, I didn't like it much after the wedding episodes. They had tiffs because of Asmara and Osama in the later episodes, nothing else.
what is haseen sitam? :S

IMO, the script and dialogues of MZZB were way better than Humsafar even though the concept was same.