Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
^I think the same. I have a feeling that Suhaib will be the one in the marriage who just does his duty as a husband without any attachment to Arjumand because no doubt Arjumand's repulsiveness did leave a mark on him. I believe it'll be Arjumand who'll want them to be happy as husband and wife...rishta bhale kaise bhi juda ho, she'll accept it nonetheless and want for it to work. And Suhaib will be all distant and cold, with no hint of his previous carefree playfulness..
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

I find Paki dramas even more intimate than Indian shows just because of how much distance plays a role in relationships. So even a simple act as watching a girl take off her niqaab or removing a hair clip becomes so pronounced and screams intimacy. I love that. The softness of it.

I love that this show isn't shying away from being authentic and are pulling all the stops to get there. That hug was very much needed in that instance. These are two people so madly in love they left their families behind to be together. It's their wedding night. It was more than warranted. I can't wait for WaFa now. A hug seems a definite possibility. The promos have a lot of hand pulling and even a wall bang I seemed. Can hardly wait!

You know I completely agree with you about Arjumand's state. I too was surprised she hadn't taken a more drastic step. Can you imagine being an educated, cultured, obedient good girl who has lived by the rules always being just tossed from one brother to another without a say in how you should live your life now that it's in absolute shambles. She wasn't even given enough time to grieve, to get over her heart break and to come to terms with her situation.

As I said before, Suhaib and Arjumand share a very different relationship than anyone else. They are genuine friends and she is more vocal with him than anyone else. Her outburst to him was right on so many levels. Some of which you pointed out. It was this openness of their relationship, this trust and friendship that she felt had been violated by his acceptance of this marriage. Even if no one else understood her, she expected him to. But seeing him quietly give in like that, make a decision or rather abide by one that he could have refused - that ruins both their lives and not doing anything about it? I am surprised she just cried, vented and begged and not start throwing punches!

You know, I personally find romance in Pakistani dramas very awkward. Not just in dramas, since I am a regular reader of digests as well, just reading about them makes it very hard for me to digest 😆 Only some writer can deal with the Pakistani version of romance nicely, most just go over the top and try to copy the Indian desi soap style of romancing and I just can not see it go well with Pakistani characters xD I am trying to overcome this awkwardness but it still makes it very difficult for me to watch the drama with my family. Of course I am not against them or anything but personally it's hard for me to find an aesthetic romance in Pakistani dramas. It all comes down to presentation, really. More than the hug, what I found more intimate was RuRoz's pillow talk. Them looking at each other and just talking about their future..now that was nicely shown.

I do hope that WaFa get their share of scenes. One can't be sure with Pakistani dramas because actors have their certain, and legit, reservations. But OsMaya are such good friends with amazing ease and comfort between them...Allah kare we get some nice moments between them

I was actually waiting for the moment or a scene where Arjumand would've attempted to take her life and I can't explain how happy I got that we didn't even get so much as a hint of it. Farhat Ishtiaq got some massive backlash for showing suicide in Humsafar and I'm glad she's learned from that. Arjumand's state was so broken and vulnerable, the sheer humiliation of rejection was making it hard for her to breathe. I loved that scene where she's standing in front of the mirror and it hits her again that Behroze left her and she falls on the floor, crying helplessly. But despite all that, she kept refusing and putting up a fight. And it wasn't till Agha Jaan so casually disregarded her self that she stopped struggling. That's when she realized that her struggle is futile. Yahan koi nahin sunne wala..

Arjumand herself confessed that she found it hard to even look at Behroze, let alone talk with him. The reality of their relationship always overpowered her and the haya took control. But with Suhaib she was more her age. She is younger than the brothers and had always been pampered by them as evident by the flashbacks. She was their playmate and while growing up, her equation with Behroze changed but it remained the same with Suhaib. Their first scene was hinting towards their friendship. Suhaib's blatant teasing about her restlessness to meet Behroze and Arjumand's adorably stern reaction to it, "Suhaib, tum hamesha mere saath aisa hi karte ho!" They have been one team and yes, they have an openness in their relationship which caused her to literally shake Suhaib up for his cowardly obedience. And Suhaib also told her his position, that he's helpless. His very own brother has left him in a position which is no less than a suffocating trap for him and he can't do anything about it. Khair, I am glad they had this conversation. They both know what the other feels about this nikaah. It will make things more interesting when they actually start their new life together...who changes first.

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Uff! I love the way he looks at her in this bit...Ali is definitely the star of the show right now!

He's my fav
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

^I think the same. I have a feeling that Suhaib will be the one in the marriage who just does his duty as a husband without any attachment to Arjumand because no doubt Arjumand's repulsiveness did leave a mark on him. I believe it'll be Arjumand who'll want them to be happy as husband and wife...rishta bhale kaise bhi juda ho, she'll accept it nonetheless and want for it to work. And Suhaib will be all distant and cold, with no hint of his previous carefree playfulness..

It is generally true that women tend to adjust to situations more easily than men.
If A wants to make her relationship better then she would need to work on it. Once she tries accepting S then only he will start looking at her in a different way. He will be cold and distant in the beginning but eventually they will both adjust. I don't know if they will fall in love or not but they will definitely develops an understanding.

Waise bhi A is two years older than S. She should act more mature in such situations. 😆 LOL
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Now I 'll start watching rishtey kuch adhoorey se now
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I m kinda obsessed with hareem Ali Rahman Jodi
Humtv better cash on this chemistry in further projects

I hv seen hareem with junaid fahad Mustafa and AHSAN but never felt any chemistry...in mausam I liked her with AHSAN though but they had very less scenes...with fahad theure is zero chemistry

And Ali with amreena in mohabbat ab nah I hogi n the ost of rishtey kuch adhoorey se which had sohai n yumna with him but I don't know if he looked good with them but in this show ufff ...I can't get over hareem Ali chemistry
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

So far mine too 😳
sourmisery thumbnail
Arjumand isn't older than Suhaib :P She is younger than the brothers. Suhaib is only a year younger than Behroze. And Suhaib had introduced Arjumand to Laila saying, "umer mein mujhse choti hai lekin rishte mein badi hai.."

I do sincerely hope that they fall in love with each other. There's no question of them not developing an understanding..Suhaib is such a mature, relationship valuing guy...plus there's their previous friendship which will pave the path to understanding compromise. But it's my wish for them to be more than just samjhote wale husband wife who don't have any love for each other and just respect. I am sure once they get settled in their feelings will change...at least I am strongly hoping that..
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I m kinda obsessed with hareem Ali Rahman Jodi

Humtv better cash on t. his chemistry in further projects

I hv seen hareem with . junaid fahad Mustafa and AHSAN but never felt any chemir.y...in mausam I liked her with AHSAN though but they had very less scenes...with fahad theure is zero chemistry

And Ali with amreena in mohabbat ab nah I hogi n the ost of rishtey kuch adhoorey se which had sohai n yumna with him but I don't know if he looked good with them but in this show ufff ...I can't get over hareem Ali chemistry

He had good chemistry with Armeena in Muhabbat Ab Nahi Hogi. Abby please don't watch Rishtey Kuch Adhoore Se. It is the most pathetic show I have ever seen in my life. If you want to see Ali's work watch Muhabbat Ab Nahi Hogi. That show is still watchable.

I don't know why but I love Hareem in negative and grey shaded roles. She makes the most perfect vamp. I hated her in mausam because the bechari mazloom type roles doesn't suit her. But Dayar e Dil mein her character is suiting her. She has played her part well.
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Now I 'll start watching rishtey kuch adhoorey se now

I thought youve seen it :O