Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: 26javey

I really want to read the novel and fall in love with Wali and Farah but I don't know how to read Urdu. Why isn't there a translated version?

Actually DeD isn't one of the very famous novels of Farhat Ishtiaq. Her most famous one is available in English translation but not this one.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -MitwaIshqPe-

It was just a hug I don't see any issue in that

Ah ok thanks for the reply guys. I got confused as I don't specifically remember hugs as such, but I thought maybe it was shown d first time ever.😳😆
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wow..2nd thread..goes to show how much this show is being loved! 😳 been a while since there's been more than 1 thread for any show.. 😆 or at least one that I follow..
Edited by OnlyHope - 9 years ago
Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

To tell you, Wali Farah will be in the drama probably by 15th episode. The wait is long! Don't expect them anytime soon, Kashish 😭

Naah, there's no English translation :( I can relate to your sister 😆 Start with the novel and ask your sister to help you with the difficult words and parts

Salar Sikandar is my crush too 😆😆

I won't mind giving out some details to you but not here because of spoilers. I can scrap or pm you in a while, if that's okay with you

Count me in guyss salar sikander is my first crush too 😆
second one is Umer jahangir from amar bail 😳 Have u guys read it it's amazinggg
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

wooho!!! Kash is here!!! 🤗

Maaaisy! 🤗

Long time no see! How have you been?
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I will be honest, I was a bit taken aback at the hug xD But it's not a big thing..Pak dramas nowadays are getting more open about the proximity. Plus, our writers have always written such romantic scenes in their stories..it's just now that we get to watch it on screen as well.

Another honest statement? My second thought after seeing RuRoz hug was, "Matlab we will get WaFa hug as well??? " 🤣

Some pages back it was said that Arjumand was wrong to blame Suhaib and blaming him. I would like to differ. The state of this girl..it's a wonder that she hasn't locked herself up and done something drastic. She has begged, cried, even talked of rather dying than get married to Suhaib. She is legit depressed. She kept refusing to get married to her parents but they instead sat her down and tried to persuade her to say yes. Then she went to Suhaib and after her initial burst of anger, she lost all her energy and legit begges him to save her from this humiliation. Her anger was because it was their first meeting after the nikaah was announced. She had the wound of being rejected by Suhaib's older brother and then the insult of being passed on to the younger brother like a lifeless doll. Seeing Suhaib standing there, silent and avoiding her eyes like a mujrim..she reacted like any wronged party would. Let's not forget, she does also possess the Pathani ana in her as well and that bit her from inside because she was trapped in a situation with no way out and the only person who could fully understand her situation was unable to get her out of this mess..
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Actually DeD isn't one of the very famous novels of Farhat Ishtiaq. Her most famous one is available in English translation but not this one.

Oooh. Which one is that? I'd love to read it.
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Maaaisy!🤗</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Long time no see! How have you been?</font>

yeah! long long time! :D I have been good..what about you? so great to see you here :*
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: Popo.

Count me in guyss salar sikander is my first crush too 😆
second one is Umer jahangir from amar bail 😳 Have u guys read it it's amazinggg

Nope! Unfortunately, there are very few Urdu novels that I have read. Is it good? I should read more Urdu novels. I do love the stories. I think they made Amar Bail into a show too right? Was it any good?
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

I will be honest, I was a bit taken aback at the hug xD But it's not a big thing..Pak dramas nowadays are getting more open about the proximity. Plus, our writers have always written such romantic scenes in their stories..it's just now that we get to watch it on screen as well.

Another honest statement? My second thought after seeing RuRoz hug was, "Matlab we will get WaFa hug as well??? " 🤣

Some pages back it was said that Arjumand was wrong to blame Suhaib and blaming him. I would like to differ. The state of this girl..it's a wonder that she hasn't locked herself up and done something drastic. She has begged, cried, even talked of rather dying than get married to Suhaib. She is legit depressed. She kept refusing to get married to her parents but they instead sat her down and tried to persuade her to say yes. Then she went to Suhaib and after her initial burst of anger, she lost all her energy and legit begges him to save her from this humiliation. Her anger was because it was their first meeting after the nikaah was announced. She had the wound of being rejected by Suhaib's older brother and then the insult of being passed on to the younger brother like a lifeless doll. Seeing Suhaib standing there, silent and avoiding her eyes like a mujrim..she reacted like any wronged party would. Let's not forget, she does also possess the Pathani ana in her as well and that bit her from inside because she was trapped in a situation with no way out and the only person who could fully understand her situation was unable to get her out of this mess..

I find Paki dramas even more intimate than Indian shows just because of how much distance plays a role in relationships. So even a simple act as watching a girl take off her niqaab or removing a hair clip becomes so pronounced and screams intimacy. I love that. The softness of it.

I love that this show isn't shying away from being authentic and are pulling all the stops to get there. That hug was very much needed in that instance. These are two people so madly in love they left their families behind to be together. It's their wedding night. It was more than warranted. I can't wait for WaFa now. A hug seems a definite possibility. The promos have a lot of hand pulling and even a wall bang I seemed. Can hardly wait!

You know I completely agree with you about Arjumand's state. I too was surprised she hadn't taken a more drastic step. Can you imagine being an educated, cultured, obedient good girl who has lived by the rules always being just tossed from one brother to another without a say in how you should live your life now that it's in absolute shambles. She wasn't even given enough time to grieve, to get over her heart break and to come to terms with her situation.

As I said before, Suhaib and Arjumand share a very different relationship than anyone else. They are genuine friends and she is more vocal with him than anyone else. Her outburst to him was right on so many levels. Some of which you pointed out. It was this openness of their relationship, this trust and friendship that she felt had been violated by his acceptance of this marriage. Even if no one else understood her, she expected him to. But seeing him quietly give in like that, make a decision or rather abide by one that he could have refused - that ruins both their lives and not doing anything about it? I am surprised she just cried, vented and begged and not start throwing punches!