Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

That three month agreement 😳
I can't even pour out my Wali-Farah feels here. There are so many who don't want the spoilers 😆

Waise I'm pretty surprised. I want to salute the patience of those who have not read the novel and are actually going to wait for Wali-Farah track. Agar mai inki jagah hoti, I would've read the novel immediately after seeing those two promos of Wali-Farah. ❤️ Matlab those promos are so exciting, how can anyone not read the novel and wait for their entry? Mai tou novel ab tak parh chuki hoti excitement ke maray 😆

Hahhahaha sooo true I actually reopened it after the promos lol it's been quite a while when I first read it, it's quite tempting when soo many ppl are already discussing it ad if all of them do read it then it will be actually easy for us to discuss it 😆
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Wali Suhaib Khan is the ultimate hero

Hahah, on a side note this curiosity is shown by the people who have read the novel. And anyone reading the novel would fall in love with Wali. Matlab uspe tou har reader fida hojata hai 😆 I'm full flat on him. I read the novel almost three years back and since then Wali is my first fictional crush. XD Can't wait to see him in the show 😳

You should see all the promos waise. They're on Osman Khalid Butt's official facebook page.. he has shared them. And judging by the promos, he is doing amazing as Wali.

Ab mujhe novel padhna hai bas. Any idea if it's also available in an English translated version? Meri Urdu thodi weak hai.

My sister had read the novel and was obsessed with Wali. She kept asking me to read and I didn't and now I wish I had. Mera fictional crush, first and foremost is Salar Sikander from Peer-e-Kamil. I can't wait to add Wali to my list.

I did see all the promos yesterday. I squealed, spasmed and died - multiple times. Acha if it's not too much to ask, give me a brief overview on Wali naa? Is he aggressive and possessive (I read somewhere that Farah is interested in her cousin Moeez)? Also those promos, I just I might just have to start on the novel tonight!

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Popo.

Hahhahaha sooo true I actually reopened it after the promos lol it's been quite a while when I first read it, it's quite tempting when soo many ppl are already discussing it ad if all of them do read it then it will be actually easy for us to discuss it 😆

Yeah, i feel the same. Spoilers dene se bhi darr lagta hai 😛
Open discussion on the entire plot, changes, furutre tracks, changes in the drama .. everything would be possible if everyone reads the novel 😆
Couch_Potato thumbnail

As for what's written in the last paragraph, I agree with you. In the last scene where Baidaaar Khan confesses that their decision might be wrong and they've taken it in jaldbaazi. He gave excuses not just to reconcile his brother but himself as well.

Agha Jaan has always been the family head. And he is showing courage to maintain the situation. He's just putting up expressions of determination and showing indifference to Behroze's action of leaving the haveli. While at heart, he was still waiting for him to come back. But it's his ego as well as honour of the family that he wants to maintain and that's why he did this jaldbaazi and instead not tried to call back Behroze. It was like 'Behroze chala gaya tou kya, I still stand by my promises and will get my other son married instead'

Exactly.

Main kissi ka mohtaaj nahi. That's the vibe I got from him. So believable for a man like Agha Jaan. Delaying the nikaah, calling Behroze, waiting for him would all mean he is reconsidering his decision, something his ego would never allow.

Can I just say how amazing it is to see a rational logical show that shows that hard-headedness but in character due to the type of people they are. He's from northern Pakistan thus his ana and honour is just made so believable. Then there is Roohi's brother whose concern again for his sister is justified. Awaiting the impending disaster in their marriage yet letting her marry who she wants. Because that's the kind of man he is. Two polar opposites yet both right in their places somehow.

Edited by Couch_Potato - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

Ab mujhe novel padhna hai bas. Any idea if it's also available in an English translated version? Meri Urdu thodi weak hai.

My sister had read the novel and was obsessed with Wali. She kept asking me to read and I didn't and now I wish I had. Mera fictional crush, first and foremost is Salar Sikander from Peer-e-Kamil. I can't wait to add Wali to my list.

I did see all the promos yesterday. I squealed, spasmed and died - multiple times. Acha if it's not too much to ask, give me a brief overview on Wali naa? Is he aggressive and possessive (I read somewhere that Farah is interested in her cousin Moeez)? Also those promos, I just I might just have to start on the novel tonight!

To tell you, Wali Farah will be in the drama probably by 15th episode. The wait is long! Don't expect them anytime soon, Kashish 😭

Naah, there's no English translation :( I can relate to your sister 😆 Start with the novel and ask your sister to help you with the difficult words and parts

Salar Sikandar is my crush too 😆😆

I won't mind giving out some details to you but not here because of spoilers. I can scrap or pm you in a while, if that's okay with you
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Suhaib has been actually left behind to suffer. Atm he can't even imagine being married to Arjumand but he has to because that's his nature. Sacrificing and giving up your desires and dreams for others. 'My brother has already left me and my dad for the sake of his love, ab kya main bhi apnay borhe baap ko aur aziyat doon aur unhe chor ke chala jaun?'.. he has this kind of opinion. What he did for Agha Jaan requires a big heart. He could have run away, find a job for himself but he didn't. That because he is sort of compensating for what Behroze did. He doesn't want to repeat the same mistake. And being the son, he knows the emotional turmoil Agha Jaan is going through. He's aware of the fake indifference Agha Jaan is putting up on his face while deep down he is broken just at the thought that his son rebelled and left the family, name, jaidaad just for a girl.

My heart breaks for him the most. He's just ugh. It's frustrating. Behroze isn't wrong and yet Suhaib suffers the punishment silently. I think it's made worse because even Arjumand holds him accountable. If he had to face the brunt of the anger and repercussions alone he would have made peace with it somehow but the fact that the lives of two women were inevitably affected by his loyalty to his father couldn't have been an easy burden on his conscious for him to bear.

Add to it the way both the women kept comparing him to Behroze and beseeching him to change his mind, to refute Agha Jaan and his heartbreaking reply every time - Main Behroze nahi hun! It hurts him physically, somewhere deep inside that he can't take the kind of steps his brother did. That it goes against his innate nature. Even if given a choice, a chance, I don't think he has it in him to turn his back to his family. Even if he was in Behroze's place and he had to make that call - something tells me he wouldn't have. It's just not him. He is trapped by his love for his father and family. And as much as that breaks him inside, he has accepted that as his fate.

clockworknerd thumbnail
On different websites, I've gone through comments on DeD review threads. Many people are under the impression that DeD is set in a bit old times 😆
I don't really think it is like that. Even though nothing such about the times was mentioned in the novel but it is a story set in modern times. It's just that the family is cultural. Asar o sokh walay khaandaan are usually the way they have shown it the serial. They are traditional but educated at the same time. Their thinking is not old, it's the khaandaani effect showing up. In fact, in the novel, Wali goes to America for his higher education.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

To tell you, Wali Farah will be in the drama probably by 15th episode. The wait is long! Don't expect them anytime soon, Kashish 😭

Naah, there's no English translation :( I can relate to your sister 😆 Start with the novel and ask your sister to help you with the difficult words and parts

Salar Sikandar is my crush too 😆😆

I won't mind giving out some details to you but not here because of spoilers. I can scrap or pm you in a while, if that's okay with you

15th EPISODE?!? Naa kar yaar! Saach mein? Ab itna kya kya dekhna hai inhe? Oh wait, they will meet as kids too right? I think I saw some bits in the promo with kids or it could be Suhaib, Behroze and Arjumand FBs. Either ways I'm doomed to wait.

Pata hai, I never watch on-air shows for this reason. I wait until they finish then watch them ek saath. This will be one torturous ride! 😭

Yeah I'll start on it tonight then. I managed to get a pdf copy. So khair hai!

I would love a PM or scrap with details. Whatever works better for you. Please kar do. I have been going crazy since I have seen the promos and upar se apples will never look the same to me now! 😳

clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

15th EPISODE?!? Naa kar yaar! Saach mein? Ab itna kya kya dekhna hai inhe? Oh wait, they will meet as kids too right? I think I saw some bits in the promo with kids or it could be Suhaib, Behroze and Arjumand FBs. Either ways I'm doomed to wait.

Pata hai, I never watch on-air shows for this reason. I wait until they finish then watch them ek saath. This will be one torturous ride! 😭

Yeah I'll start on it tonight then. I managed to get a pdf copy. So khair hai!

I would love a PM or scrap with details. Whatever works better for you. Please kar do. I have been going crazy since I have seen the promos and upar se apples will never look the same to me now! 😳

Those kids are younger versions of Behroze, Arjumand and Sohaib but i guess by 10-12 episodes, we might see the younger versions of Wali and Farah 😕

Check your scrapbook! I scrapped you just now.

@Red: For a moment I was like what is she saying and then when i realised I was laughing out loud🤣 🤣

Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Word Count: 0